Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente a "free loader" and "homesick" etc blah blah blah...

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I have done a MASSIVE finale where I POUR paraffin over my COAT and SET it on FIRE whilst STICKING 2 fingers UP to that DICK Tight banner in the NORTH Stand. JUST hope I don't FORGET to take the coat off first

'Ernest' Why have'nt you been on 'I'm A Celebrity' this year ? I would say you would be nailed on to be in the last three! :lolol: Preferably with six inch nails! :eek:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Another myth that perpetuates on here is Vicente's so called massive wages, as if the club would really be stupid enough to make such an injury prone player one of our highest earners without playing games.

Can't wait to see him back in action.

well put, there was not a queue of managers lining for his signature.

2 chins

Jan 22, 2012
Was Told by Someone that works at the club that he is teaching spanish at local college at night while he gets over his injury

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
I feel SORRY for him. He's absolutely electric and always bloody injured. Imagine how frustrating that would be!

This. And it's not as if he's got the warm Spanish climes to luxuriate in all the time. Bet he's going stir crazy.

Plus he's probably got a good few bob in the bank - I never believed he was here to pick up pennies when he could quite easily retire and live the high life back home.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Vicente lit up the tail end of our season last season. If we can coerce a couple of performances out of him this season that make the difference between play-offs/non-play-offs then ithe extended absence will have all been worthwhile, same as it was last season. A delight and a privilege to watch. Even if its only for a couple of games a season that he OWNS. :bowdown:

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
Can't believe Gus played him at Swindon for a meaningless game that Gus was so happy to lose. Can't get my head round risking Vicente when Gus knew he was injury prone.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
It just doesn't matter any more. It's all words until he plays.

I'm past caring about the hows, whys, wherefores, excuses and disinformation.

Whether or not you think in the rare glimpses we have seen he was better than George Best, it has been a dud signing and major disappointment until he comes back and does something tangible and useful in a promotion bid.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Agree with OP, most annoying/stupid one is when people say how he must be loving having his feet up and collecting his wages. Genuinely?! Actually think about it.

Buckley's Mad Eye

Oct 27, 2012
After seeing these comments repeatedly on here and the Argus website Im getting a bit sick and tired of it. I was informed the other day that the injury to Vicente IS a serious one. It IS NOT in his head like the qualified telepathic, psychologists allude to on here he has a problem deep in his Quad and tendonitis in his knee. If you want to know who told me this P.M. me but please don't post it back up here. I was also informed he will be back with us in 6 weeks and is a lovely lad to have about the place.

I for one cannot wait to see him strutting his stuff in the 2nd part of the season. A combination of himself and Buckley for how ever many games he manages will be lethal.
Thank you. Its nice to hear some solid information about our star player, much better than Gus shrugging and telling us its complicated.

In not many years time we will be on this board reminiscing about when we saw him play like some of us oldies can about Gotsmanov. Fond memories of the Portsmouth game.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
This photo makes me feel like he's happy here...

vicente-shirt-off.gif.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here