Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Very Impressed with Slade's post match interview

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
FFS Moron. He was brought it to STOP us going down. Not to ASSIST us in going down. We have played 2 games and lost them both conceding 5 goals so as far as I can see NOTHING has improved and we are in a FAR WORSE position and FAR MORE likely to be playing in the 4th division next season. How exactly is that hard to understand ?.

US... why are you acting like such a f***ing TOOL at the moment?

Are you wanting some extra attention HB&B style?

Get a grib, he's just joined the club, and he didn't even pick the f***ing team v L.O.

I have massive hopes for him and reckon he will do a great job here, i just hope we've given him enough time.

Seagullible

Super Keeper
Jul 7, 2003
Tea room, The Office, Slough
FFS Moron. He was brought it to STOP us going down. Not to ASSIST us in going down. We have played 2 games and lost them both conceding 5 goals so as far as I can see NOTHING has improved and we are in a FAR WORSE position and FAR MORE likely to be playing in the 4th division next season. How exactly is that hard to understand ?.

What if McGhoo had come in and got the same results after 2 days with the squad, should he be sacked? grow up please, you're becoming as bad as WW

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I think you are all being a bit discourteous to Uncle Spielberg. You have to remember that he was in raptures with the appointment of Adams and boasted instant success and a definite play-off place. He is now having to come to terms with the departure of his beloved and spending most of his day wiping egg off his face. Of course he is going to lash out, it's only to be expected. Give him a wide berth and ignore him until after the season has finished.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I think you are all being a bit discourteous to Uncle Spielberg. You have to remember that he was in raptures with the appointment of Adams and boasted instant success and a definite play-off place. He is now having to come to terms with the departure of his beloved and spending most of his day wiping egg off his face. Of course he is going to lash out, it's only to be expected. Give him a wide berth and ignore him until after the season has finished.

:p :angry: :jester:

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Brett

When you have 14 games to save yourselves he should be on 4 points from 2games. He DOES NOT have the luxury of being able to lose the first 2 from 14.

Friday - He got he job
Saturday - Match day
Sunday - Rest day?
Monday - Training
Tuesday - Match day

He's had one proper day on the training field with the players, a large number of whom are new. I think you're being a bit silly.

He sounds excellent in his post-match interviews: passionate, articulate, openly admits that there are problems, has a sense of humour, and comes across like a decent guy who cares.

What a contrast to the cringeworthy post-match interviews with Micky Adams, who would shuffle from foot to foot while saying: 'Mumble, y'know, mumble, y'know, poor refereeing, mumble, poor playing conditions, y'know, mumble, y'know, unlucky, y'know, mumbles, dodgy penalty, y'know, linesman got it wrong, mumble, players need a cuddle'.

Russell Slade is a breath of fresh air, and sounds like he knows what he's talking about.

Listening to him certainly inspires more confidence than Adams ever did.

Let's hope he can turn all this into results. He's only had one game in proper charge, though, and that was with 5 loan players who need to gel, so give the guy a chance, even if time is starting to run out.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Well said that man - spot on. For anyone who actually went to both games, despite the results, there is a definite air of improvement and RS has said and done all the right things so far and he gets my vote. We may go down but at least we'll do it with someone in charge who is better than the person who got us into this mess and who if stays is likely to get us back up next year.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I am struggling to see how we're going to get the victories to stay up now. In some respects relegation might be a good thing. We have an enourmous squad littered with at best very very average players. I'd clear most of the players out. Not sure about Slade just yet but I'd certainly move Dick on and if no board member is willing to step in I'd employ a proper chief exec to run the club and manage the board.

To be honest it is the squad which worries and annoys me. It is peppered with mediocrity.

This is what you said about the England squad before their upturn in form, and once again I disagree very strongly with you.

We have 4 or 5 players who would not look out of place at all in the Championship.

They have been mismanaged all season (there can be NO debate in regards to this) and that is why we are where we are.

I agree that we have 3-4 players who are not quite up to it but we have more than enough players with experience of League One/Championship to be competitive at the very least in League One.

You were proved wrong on the England point and I hope you proved wrong here, not for personal satisfactions' sake but for all Albion supporters'.

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
Some of the morons you get on NSC. Jesus christ.
He has had less than a week at the club, and has been in charge of the team selection for ONE game. A game that we actually performed very well and just didnt have the rub of the green.

I agree, his post-match interview actually gave me confidence that he's going to get the players into gear. He can see where the problems lie and he will now try and address them.

Beating the fight for relegation is going to be tough, but i think we have the right man for the job. We are bound to start winning soon, we have key players coming back, and the next game at home to Yeovil will be the start of a new mini league if you will.

Cannot believe people giving a new manager ONE game in charge to judge how good he is. Unbelievable.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
I would have been more impressed with Slade's interview had we won the game.

jonesie

Feb 19, 2009
I agree, and was thinking pretty-much the same thing when I heard him. He does sound focused in a way that told me he was 'in the game' (unlike Adams - pah!). His immediate realizations gave me definite hope that he will be implementing changes in player's minds, and to the way they have been playing.

I do believe he must have listened to my call a couple of minutes earlier :blush:

....but really, Mr Slade has seen the problem at hand and can now give it his best attentions to turn things around.

I heard your call on Hartys show NMH and totally agree with you. Build from the back. I was then equally impressed with Slade who does sound like he knows what he was doing, he has identified our problem, we cant defend and is instilling some fight into us. The game last night was the best I have seen us play for some time and whilst there is still a long way to go, we can get there. Cant believe the rest of the moaners giving Slade such a hard time. Get off his back.

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland
I'm a bit concerned that all the "We should have won last night" comments are neglecting to take account of the fact that Southend are top of the form guide for the division based on their last 4, 6 and 8 games.

Or is that in no way relevant? ???

FFS give the bloke a chance!

SeagullEd

Jan 18, 2008
Can we ever have a discussion on NSc without is descending into childish squabbling... clearly not.

As has been said, I felt he was spot on with his comments, made few excuses and I really respected him. Whereas other managers would have said 'they went for it at the end, and we can't fault them for it tehy were jsut unlucky' he said someething like ' yeah they were going for it, but you cant leave the backdoor wide open even in that situation' etc.

Danny Wilson

Mar 12, 2009
Surely the obvious candidate is Kevin Keehan? He can make the tea at halftime and he's Dick's nephew, so low pay...:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here