Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Very Impressed with Slade's post match interview

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Who mentioned judging his abilities? The question was are we impressed with him? My answer is NO because we haven't picked up any points. And we're in the relegation zone. He may win the next couple of games and that would impress me. I can't see how you can be impressed with him yet, that's all.

I'm neither impressed nor unimpressed-I'm simply amazed that people are already posting negative shite on here when the new manager hasn't even had half a week at the club. What were some of you people expecting?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
People are fed up and sick and tired of losing probably.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
I'm neither impressed nor unimpressed-I'm simply amazed that people are already posting negative shite on here when the new manager hasn't even had half a week at the club. What were some of you people expecting?

So why complain about the answer NO to the question 'are you impressed by him and think he's the man for the job?'. Seems you actually agree with US and me. I can't say it's negative to be unimpressed (yet) with a manager who has got you zero points.

Surely saying that such a manger is the man for the job is just absurd over-optimism at this stage?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
FFS again. If the team are good enough, which they are. The players he picks should be good enough to get some points. I could go in and pick the best team and expect a result. This " how long " stuff is shit. I don't know if you realise but we have 12 games left to salvage a 6 point, 7 point with GD defecit. He does not have time,. Get it ?.

let's hope, for your sake, that if you start a new job your new employers give you more than 2 days to prove yourself when trying to get the best out of a group of people you've never worked with and have no idea about their abilities and weaknesses.

I get it-clearly you don't.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
let's hope, for your sake, that if you start a new job your new employers give you more than 2 days to prove yourself when trying to get the best out of a group of people you've never worked with and have no idea about their abilities and weaknesses.

Hang on, If I started such a job, it's really unlikely that they'd be saying how IMPRESSED they were with me after 2 days. That's not got anything to do with pre-judging anyone. I have no idea what Slade's strengths/weaknesses are, but then I'm not pre-judging him (unlike you and the thread starter?) I'm merely saying I'm unimpressed so far, what else could you be?

I'm glad that you think you've got it, but don't start to try and fit my views to prove that to yourself.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

After no evidence so far to suggest he will do anything. I would say my employers in that situation would say nothing and wait. They would not call me in or put notices up saying " f*** me this new blokes good isn't he ? " when there is no evidence so far to back that up.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
With 5 new players and a new manager it will take time to bed in, especially as the January signings haven't had time to settle in yet either. I could not fault the effort last night and some of the football was pretty good too. I have my doubts that Slade has enough time to turn this around but yes, he's impressed me as much as Micky Adams used to make me want to scream with his post match ramblings. It could well be too late to save us but that's hardly Slade's fault.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I am impressed by RESULTS. 2 games, 2 losses and 5 goals conceded. How exactly is one meant to be impressed with that. At this stage of the season that is a recipe for free falling to div 4 and Slade has done NOTHING to stop that happening so I for one and not impressed so far.

And his name is NOT Mark, and he ISNT Scottish

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I will be impressed when he actually manages to pick up some points, or a point.

Who wouldn't be? The thing is, the damage was already done prior to RS stepping in. The quality of our football's been dire; results have consequently been shocking & unsurprisingly the whole squad have had their confidence smashed out of them. If we're gonna stay up this year, the standard of our football HAS to improve for us to stand any chance of getting points on the board & beating the drop. The improvement - especially in the 2nd half - last night should give us all a bit of hope imo. I know I'm confident that if we are gonna manage to get ourselves out of the shite, then Russell Slade is going about the job in the right way.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Good debate....although it's massively disappointing to be where we are, I'm much happier now than I was four weeks ago. Unfortunately the legacy of Adams' ineptitude over the first 30 games of the season may send us down - but Slade shows every sign of being the right man to pull off a miracle. He has got a helluva job on his hands, but hopefully as fans we will play our part and give him the support he needs.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Cannot get to midweek games,but I take it the tactical switch of dug outs wasn't a great success.

Glass half full.

NOT going down.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
If we go down playing like we did last night I will only blame Adams for getting us into this position in the first place. Good performance and genuinely unlucky.

People go on about this being a results business, and it is, but if some of the idiots on here took the time to see how much better we played, they might realise that we WILL win games if we play like that until the end of the season. Defend tighter, bang home some more of our chances and we WILL stay up.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I see this like my Gary Rhodes cookbook. The basic idea is put there by somebody in a better position than him as to how it should work ie. Prem Managers tactics, RS is doing my bit and reading the receipe and the contents and mixing them together ie he is now taking the training to implant his ideas we now have to wait and see how he actually bakes the cake and how it will turn out, which we shall all have an idea at 4.50 on Saturday. He then has to try another dish next week and if he can keep coming up with good meals I shall be more than happy.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
We could have Alex Ferguson or Jose Mourinho in on Friday and we probably would still of lost the last 2 games...

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Did he realise he had to be on at least 4 points in week one?

Brett

When you have 14 games to save yourselves he should be on 4 points from 2games. He DOES NOT have the luxury of being able to lose the first 2 from 14.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I see this like my Gary Rhodes cookbook. The basic idea is put there by somebody in a better position than him as to how it should work ie. Prem Managers tactics, RS is doing my bit and reading the receipe and the contents and mixing them together ie he is now taking the training to implant his ideas we now have to wait and see how he actually bakes the cake and how it will turn out, which we shall all have an idea at 4.50 on Saturday. He then has to try another dish next week and if he can keep coming up with good meals I shall be more than happy.

Are you cooking hash cakes BG? :lol:

parks

Jan 17, 2004
East Sussex
Blimey boys....he only came in less than a week ago, we have five new players....he hasn't really had the time to see why we are in the state we are in, we are without our two top scorers, we have lost our No1 goalkeeper to injury, and before he arrived in case you don't remember we had just lost 4-0. So get real, the loss of Borrowdale unsettled us...but up to then we were by FAR the better side. A fit Murray or Forster, instead of theat numbty Davies and it would have been very different. I think we have a good chance of staying up...I agree this weekend is key!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here