Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Very Impressed with Slade's post match interview

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Brett

When you have 14 games to save yourselves he should be on 4 points from 2games. He DOES NOT have the luxury of being able to lose the first 2 from 14.

Oh Shut Up will you

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
RS always gives a good post match interview and he talks sense but the ultimate aim is to pick up badly needed points to stop us going down. To give him his due , he has improved on the playing methods with what is available but at the end of the day he will be judged on results alone.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
If we go down playing like we did last night I will only blame Adams for getting us into this position in the first place. Good performance and genuinely unlucky.

People go on about this being a results business, and it is, but if some of the idiots on here took the time to see how much better we played, they might realise that we WILL win games if we play like that until the end of the season. Defend tighter, bang home some more of our chances and we WILL stay up.

That is exactly why we are all blinkered into thinking we are in a false position. We werent genuinely unlucky, we had one clear cut chance, and we scored, we defended badly on at least 6 occasions. From those 6 occasions we conceeded 3, they had 1 disallowed and missed 2 sitters.

The honest truth is that we are just not good enough, no matter how hard we try or well we play, we lose.

" Defend tighter, bang home some more of our chances and we WILL stay up"
That is what we havent done ALL season, and thats why we are in serious danger of going down.

I do believe we will get a lot of luck with results going ourway, and will have our desitiny in our own hands, but we have to fulfil our part in that deal ad win a game of soccer at least half as many times as he have in the whole season so far

ALL Season we have said we need time to gel, and we are saying it now, that is why we are 22nd in the league

seagull1971

Aug 8, 2003
Cyprus
Oh for f*** sake, he's only been here a couple of weeks, give him a bloody chance!
Totally agree ! I saw progress last night as well as many other fans if they were to be honest with themselves. Sure we lost the game, we didn't deserve to and if we were'nt where we are in the league most people would be thinking that was a great performance. We know we not going to win all the remainder of our games but if last nights second half performance is the foundation for the rest of the season, I think we have a great chance.
So please ffs lets be positive !

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Brett

When you have 14 games to save yourselves he should be on 4 points from 2games. He DOES NOT have the luxury of being able to lose the first 2 from 14.

He had almost NOTHING to do with the Orient match!

The first game where he was properly in charge we played very well against a strong team.

It's not quite always as black and white as WIN. LOSE. GOOD. BAD. 6 points lost, blah blah....

Everyone knows the situation, yes we do need to win, but for Christ sake take some positives instead of moaning CONSTANTLY...

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I was impressed by his post match interview.

I am waiting to be impressed by his football management, but I'm not rushing to judgement on that. If we go down I probably won't blame Slade, it will be a combination of the board not acting on Adams fast enough/briinging him back in the first place, Adams for being too soft and afraid of his players, the players for not doing their jobs. He has been put in a pretty crappy position. I think most managers would struggle, at this point it takes more than picking the best team.

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
As long as we just sneak out of the bottom 4 by goal difference with a lucky 1-0 win against Stockport on the last day im not too fussed.
Slade has had one game in charge, he didnt have hardly any input into the Orient game, hes not even been here a week and has been in charge for one game.....how the f*** can people already be on his back!!!! If we go down he will not be to blame! Adams got us in to this shit and Slade hasnt been given enough time to get us out of it.........fair play to the bloke if he does!

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
" Defend tighter, bang home some more of our chances and we WILL stay up"
That is what we havent done ALL season, and thats why we are in serious danger of going down.

BUT.. all season we haven't had Slade in charge and all season we haven't looked even half decent. last night we did. I'm not blinkered at all, but looking at the teams around us (i know we lost to orient!) but I think we will win more games then any of them.

challengechappers

Sep 14, 2005
I am impressed by RESULTS. 2 games, 2 losses and 5 goals conceded. How exactly is one meant to be impressed with that. At this stage of the season that is a recipe for free falling to div 4 and Slade has done NOTHING to stop that happening so I for one and not impressed so far.

did you go to the last two games?

k2bluesky

Sep 22, 2008
Brighton
I think Slade summed it up in one word - Our players are SOFT, after years of playing for managers who they neither have a great respect for or any fear of, almost every side we play looks stronger both mentally and physically - the soft touch of playing for good old Brighton by the sea has to go if we are to progress at all - these lower 2 divisions are pure WAR and only the strong survive. Slade looks as if he can be tough but whether he has enough time to shake the lazy player's arses into gear is questionable, I'll be there Saturday to see if things have improved since my last game v Northampton, I bloody well hope so.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
BUT.. all season we haven't had Slade in charge and all season we haven't looked even half decent. last night we did. I'm not blinkered at all, but looking at the teams around us (i know we lost to orient!) but I think we will win more games then any of them.

I hope you are right, but as only Cheltenham have won less games than us, I fear for us a bit. We have won 7 games all season, and we are now expecting us to win at least 3 or 4 more

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
FFS Moron. He was brought it to STOP us going down. Not to ASSIST us in going down. We have played 2 games and lost them both conceding 5 goals so as far as I can see NOTHING has improved and we are in a FAR WORSE position and FAR MORE likely to be playing in the 4th division next season. How exactly is that hard to understand ?.

As Mark Twain said "It's better to keep quiet and have people think you stupid, than to talk and confirm it".

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
What did impress me - (regardless of the players ability in that role) is that in the first game he picked the players in their right positions. There wasnt any shoehorning.

On the negative we seem to be going thru left backs like spinal tap go thru drummers.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
He sounds excellent in his post-match interviews: passionate, articulate, openly admits that there are problems, has a sense of humour, and comes across like a decent guy who cares.

What a contrast to the cringeworthy post-match interviews with Micky Adams, who would shuffle from foot to foot while saying: 'Mumble, y'know, mumble, y'know, poor refereeing, mumble, poor playing conditions, y'know, mumble, y'know, unlucky, y'know, mumbles, dodgy penalty, y'know, linesman got it wrong, mumble, players need a cuddle'.

Russell Slade is a breath of fresh air, and sounds like he knows what he's talking about.

Listening to him certainly inspires more confidence than Adams ever did.

Let's hope he can turn all this into results. He's only had one game in proper charge, though, and that was with 5 loan players who need to gel, so give the guy a chance, even if time is starting to run out.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I am struggling to see how we're going to get the victories to stay up now. In some respects relegation might be a good thing. We have an enourmous squad littered with at best very very average players. I'd clear most of the players out. Not sure about Slade just yet but I'd certainly move Dick on and if no board member is willing to step in I'd employ a proper chief exec to run the club and manage the board.

To be honest it is the squad which worries and annoys me. It is peppered with mediocrity.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
Just listened to the interview. Very passionate and I too am very impressed. I really think we have the right man. The problem he has is thus, 1 - Should have been given the job at the end of Jan at the latest. 2 - He does not have a run of time as we have 2 games a week at the moment. I have a good knack of spotting decent managers (if I do say so me self) and we have a gem here. Even if we do go down we will bounce straight back.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
RS always gives a good post match interview and he talks sense but the ultimate aim is to pick up badly needed points to stop us going down. To give him his due , he has improved on the playing methods with what is available but at the end of the day he will be judged on results alone.

Unfortunately this is true but having watched his interview he knows whats wrong and can put it right lets just hope he has enough games to do it in.

got to go the fat lady has just arrived and she is clearing her throat

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here