Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Very Impressed with Slade's post match interview

SeagullEd

Jan 18, 2008
Was thinknig over it last night, very impressive and I think he said exactly what neded to be said but not in a pre-prepared way. I'm certain he is the man for the job... anyone else agree?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
No.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Was thinknig over it last night, very impressive and I think he said exactly what neded to be said but not in a pre-prepared way. I'm certain he is the man for the job... anyone else agree?

I'll be more impressed when we get some points.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
If we do go down,i think there will be a major shake up at the club.Slade wont be here neither will half the squad and there could even be a shake up in the boardroom.All change...............But lets hope not,it could lead to free fall again.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
We're beginning to realise this...

I am impressed by RESULTS. 2 games, 2 losses and 5 goals conceded. How exactly is one meant to be impressed with that. At this stage of the season that is a recipe for free falling to div 4 and Slade has done NOTHING to stop that happening so I for one and not impressed so far.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I am impressed by RESULTS. 2 games, 2 losses and 5 goals conceded. How exactly is one meant to be impressed with that. At this stage of the season that is a recipe for free falling to div 4 and Slade has done NOTHING to stop that happening so I for one and not impressed so far.

If you cannot see the improved performance last night then that is down to you but I genuinely think the majority of the fans can. All we lacked was a second goal and we came really close to that on a number of occasions.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
I thought he was good. He identified the problem - poor defending. He was gracious to point out what a good strike their second goal was but also said that we didn't close down the player and contrasted this with the Southend defence who didn't give any of our players the sort of tome and space that would have allowed them to try a shot like that.

He obviously knows there is a lot of work to do, but isn't going to rant and rave about it. I expect the players will have a very hard time in training over the next few days

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria

I can't argue with the stats but I just think that after TWO games it's a bit early to be writing off the new manager.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

You really are pretty stupid aren't you? How long has he had to work with the players? 1 day? You're judging a new manager based on one working day? Shit, some of this club's fans are becoming pathetic.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I will be impressed when he actually manages to pick up some points, or a point.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Oh for f*** sake, he's only been here a couple of weeks, give him a bloody chance!

Days, he's been here a couple of days. Apparently that's long enough for some idiots to base their opinions on his abilities.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
FFS Moron. He was brought it to STOP us going down. Not to ASSIST us in going down. We have played 2 games and lost them both conceding 5 goals so as far as I can see NOTHING has improved and we are in a FAR WORSE position and FAR MORE likely to be playing in the 4th division next season. How exactly is that hard to understand ?.

I agree, and was thinking pretty-much the same thing when I heard him. He does sound focused in a way that told me he was 'in the game' (unlike Adams - pah!). His immediate realizations gave me definite hope that he will be implementing changes in player's minds, and to the way they have been playing.

I do believe he must have listened to my call a couple of minutes earlier :blush:

....but really, Mr Slade has seen the problem at hand and can now give it his best attentions to turn things around.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Days, he's been here a couple of days. Apparently that's long enough for some idiots to base their opinions on his abilities.

Who mentioned judging his abilities? The question was are we impressed with him? My answer is NO because we haven't picked up any points. And we're in the relegation zone. He may win the next couple of games and that would impress me. I can't see how you can be impressed with him yet, that's all.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
FFS again. If the team are good enough, which they are. The players he picks should be good enough to get some points. I could go in and pick the best team and expect a result. This " how long " stuff is shit. I don't know if you realise but we have 12 games left to salvage a 6 point, 7 point with GD defecit. He does not have time,. Get it ?.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here