Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Very important points on saturday

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
Agreed, a strong start is a must, especially against a team which, love-in aside is one of the weaker in the division, if we have realistic ambitions of making the play-offs as TB has suggested, we will need the beat them comfortably. With the undoubtedly top-notch atmosphere though, I'm fully expecting a thrashing, 4-0 please lads.

Absolutely this. What is everyone on!? "If we can keep Sharp quiet".....blimey, wait til we play the teams that are fancied in this league.....................why is everyone suddenly so pessimistic. I can honestly see nothing else than a home win on Saturday and you can ban me if I'm wrong!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Absolutely this. What is everyone on!? "If we can keep Sharp quiet".....blimey, wait til we play the teams that are fancied in this league.....................why is everyone suddenly so pessimistic. I can honestly see nothing else than a home win on Saturday and you can ban me if I'm wrong!

Cause Doncaster are one of the better teams, but they do not have a strong squad and injuries hit them hard last season. That means if we want to sign Billy Sharp we would have to offer players in part exchange. Sharp is like CMS so Hayter will probably score for them.

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
Haven't seen the odds for Saturday yet but if Albion are around 4/5 or better I'm tempted to have a large wager.
Hills were Evens up until 6.28 tonight. 10/11 now. With all the injuries Donny have I can see us winning and maybe quite comfortably. I can really see us going at them right from the start and scoring plenty. A big price is 22/1 at Bwin for any other score which collects when any team (us) gets to 5 goals.

Have been tempted by Paddy Powers 300/1 for 6-1 and 375/1 for 6-0 too. £2.78 on 6-1 and £2.22 on 6-1 returns about £835 if either comes in:thumbsup:

I've had a sneaky treble with us at evens, Burnley (21/20 v a poor Watford) and Brentford (5/6 v a poor Yeovil) which pays 13/2. Burnley are the bankers for me this week and shouldn't be odds against.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I've a feeling it'll be Sam Hird... although Muzzy Dumbaya could come into it. (Fastest player I've ever seen)

Lua Lua v Muzzy Dumbaya would be very interesting

I think it might be more interesting if we signed him ?

Last edited:

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
Yeah they play some nice stuff, but so do we. Last season they conceded over 80 goals, I reckon we'll score at least 2, maybe 3. PS. I don't want to sign Billy Sharp, especially if he is like CMS!

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
I love your optimism Billy, 6-0 or 6-1 would be awesome but I'll settle for 3. Agree with Burnley and Brentford (my Lge 1 tip), and I'll raise you with Leics to win at Cov........

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Yeah they play some nice stuff, but so do we. Last season they conceded over 80 goals, I reckon we'll score at least 2, maybe 3. PS. I don't want to sign Billy Sharp, especially if he is like CMS!

Apparently they had so many injuries that they never played the same defence twice. They won at Pompey with a full team at the beginning of the season and later with an injury hit squad, they got a draw at Norwich who were on their Championship run in. This year it is us with the injured defence.

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
Apparently they had so many injuries that they never played the same defence twice. They won at Pompey with a full team at the beginning of the season and later with an injury hit squad, they got a draw at Norwich who were on their Championship run in. This year it is us with the injured defence.

I'd start with KLL and Noone and frighten the shit out of em early doors and hopefully be 2 up within 15 mins!

Surport Local Team

Jan 5, 2011
however to bring kll on with 35 mins to go when they r tired on the big pitch in the heat. he will destroy them with his pace!!!!

Diar

Apr 12, 2011
Get real mate! We're not your League 1 mugs, you know! You might have a good side but if you think you're going to walk it, you have a shock coming.
Perseus is right and has done his homework a bit. We have a couple of new players in there and they'll have to settle... but make no mistake about it, when Donny are good, they are almost unplayable.
Logic tells me that any sensible person would struggle to predict this one, but what I DO know is that our midfield is consistently one of the best in this league, and they're back to something like full strength.
I wouldnt be quite so cocky if I were you.

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
Get real mate! We're not your League 1 mugs, you know! You might have a good side but if you think you're going to walk it, you have a shock coming.
Perseus is right and has done his homework a bit. We have a couple of new players in there and they'll have to settle... but make no mistake about it, when Donny are good, they are almost unplayable.
Logic tells me that any sensible person would struggle to predict this one, but what I DO know is that our midfield is consistently one of the best in this league, and they're back to something like full strength.

I think you are the cocky one. You might wanna re-read your post #41 again............

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

I am not saying Doncaster are a poor team, but you have zero chance of taking any points back to Yorkshire on Saturday. Spurs got lucky on Saturday, it won't be the same for your boys. Enjoy the day and the atmosphere!

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
Donny won just 1 match in their last 19 last season which was relegation form and have just 3 wins in 2011. There was a 0-6, a 2-5 and 6 matches where the opposition scored 3 times. Our attack will certainly need no second invitation to run riot:albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here