Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Very important points on saturday

Diar

Apr 12, 2011
Keep thinking that way boys.
We're just a pub team and havin' a laff!

You have about as much idea about how good we are as the pundits. Bloody hell its going to be great this season!!!!! I can see the headlines now:
DONNY PROMOTED IN MAJOR SHOCK HORROR!
Its going to be fun... whatever the result in an unreal atmosphere on Saturday. I'm just going to love watching the horrified opposing fans every week, and listening to their excuses at getting beat by a crap side like Donny.
You heard it here first!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

You have about as much idea about how good we are as the pundits. Bloody hell its going to be great this season!!!!! I can see the headlines now:
Its going to be fun... whatever the result in an unreal atmosphere on Saturday. I'm just going to love watching the horrified opposing fans every week, and listening to their excuses at getting beat by a crap side like Donny.
You heard it here first!
I don't think many of us think you are a crap pub team (like crystal palace), but I have a feeling you might be the wrong club at the wrong time on Saturday.

I like the image of the horrified opposition fans, I really hope that won't be us.

westy

Jul 25, 2003
Indeed getting behind the team and focussing on that rather than the ground is whats required sat.

Keeping Billy Sharp quiet will be the key, big test for Greer and Dunk. If we can shut him out I think we have a decent chance of picking up the win.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

You heard it here first!

No one is saying little Donny or that you are crap (well maybe 1 post ) , it seems you have an inferiority complex and are craving to be seen this way. Maybe its living so close to Leeds as they notoriously put everyone and everything down.

Chill out mate

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
you know threads like this are a MASSIVE kiss of death , right?

please keep off the pitch whilst Sam and the lads etc..

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
Not quite as worried about Billy Sharpe as I was. Don't get me wrong he looks decent, but I think Coppinger is the one that makes this lot tick. They also seem to shoot from distance REGULARLY. Seem to have a bit of a shoot on sight policy going on. Should be a good game.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Agreed, a strong start is a must, especially against a team which, love-in aside is one of the weaker in the division, if we have realistic ambitions of making the play-offs as TB has suggested, we will need the beat them comfortably. With the undoubtedly top-notch atmosphere though, I'm fully expecting a thrashing, 4-0 please lads.

Diar

Apr 12, 2011
No one is saying little Donny or that you are crap (well maybe 1 post ) , it seems you have an inferiority complex and are craving to be seen this way. Maybe its living so close to Leeds as they notoriously put everyone and everything down.

Chill out mate

I know you're not... not really. And I'm having a laff at this end... not taking it seriously at all. It's understandable that you are getting excited and that you expect to win (so do I as a matter of fact because the atmoshere will be really hostile, in a non-violent sort of way)
But it IS true that nobody admits to being beaten by Donny... they always LOSE to us! And yes, I do like it in a perverse sort of way because you get fed up of trying to point out that WE had something to do with the result too.
In the end I just revel in being other people's underdogs.
When Copps plays, we play... thats the feeling up here. But Sharpy is just the all-round forward IMO... a real bugger to mark, and the strength of someone twice his size. I'm certain he'll get 20+ this season and then we'll lose him to a Prem side... now is the time for him to prove himself.
Gordon Greer will dominate him in the air, but he's in for a SOD of a time on the deck. BTW we used to sing "He's heer, he's theer, he's every f***ing weer, Gordon Greer!" Thought you might like to use it... but you have to use a S. Yorks accent.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I know you're not... not really. And I'm having a laff at this end... not taking it seriously at all. It's understandable that you are getting excited and that you expect to win (so do I as a matter of fact because the atmoshere will be really hostile, in a non-violent sort of way)
But it IS true that nobody admits to being beaten by Donny... they always LOSE to us! And yes, I do like it in a perverse sort of way because you get fed up of trying to point out that WE had something to do with the result too.
In the end I just revel in being other people's underdogs.
When Copps plays, we play... thats the feeling up here. But Sharpy is just the all-round forward IMO... a real bugger to mark, and the strength of someone twice his size. I'm certain he'll get 20+ this season and then we'll lose him to a Prem side... now is the time for him to prove himself.
Gordon Greer will dominate him in the air, but he's in for a SOD of a time on the deck. BTW we used to sing "He's heer, he's theer, he's every f***ing weer, Gordon Greer!" Thought you might like to use it... but you have to use a S. Yorks accent.

Now for the important bit. Who will be playing right back for Donny?

Diar

Apr 12, 2011
I've a feeling it'll be Sam Hird... although Muzzy Dumbaya could come into it. (Fastest player I've ever seen)

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Haven't seen the odds for Saturday yet but if Albion are around 4/5 or better I'm tempted to have a large wager.

Diar

Apr 12, 2011
Is there an emoticon with "rubbing hands together in anticipation?"
Tee-hee!

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
It's going to be a tough game, which has possibly been forgotten a little a bit in all the new stadium euphoria. I think we looked at our most vulnerable last season when sides passed it about against us and as good as Dunky is on the ball, he's got a massive task on his hands keeping Billy Sharp quiet. I'm hoping the feel good factor and momentum will see us through but could be delt a big dose of reality come the final whistle. We can't afford to be complacent, recall Watford winning 3-2 at Norwich opening day last season. Some tricky games in Pompey/Cardiff away coming up too so it'll be quite important to get an early 3 points in the bag.

The majority of people on here think we're gonna finish top half so this be should a walk in the park against one of the relegation favourites. I never back us to win as it always seems to backfire but the 4/5 or 10/11 on offer looks like buying money to me...........

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place

You heard it here first!

'kin hell, wake up dreamer!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here