Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Vaccine passport required to enter Amex

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Because it's a false dichotomy.

I'm back to work, back to the football, back to the pub because I'm jabbed, That's a consistent position.

He is "jabbed" but won't go. He won't show his phone but is "considering" printing a QR code.

I think anyone with half a brain can work out the problem.

Are you posting this stuff on Spurs' board? How's it going?

You are only showing a passport for one of those things, which makes them pointless.

A poster said

Of course, at a festival where the audience is mostly under 40 catching Covid isn't such an issue. Whereas, at football where there are a lot of over 50s, you need to be even more careful.

Do you work/commute/go to pub with younger people?

You will be happy today I have all my passport etc linked up.

rigton70

Jul 5, 2003
See a new lock down is coming. Even though almost everyone is vaxxed. This is never going to end until people finally realise that what we are trying to do is madness and decide to say enough. Otherwise this is going on forever.

The WHO have a lot to answer over this covid.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
75% were double jabbed a month ago. What stats are you checking?

I suspect he's taking the government's own stats.

As I suspect are you.

The difference is that my learned friend from the West is talking about the total population, as he said, whilst you are quoting a statistic relating to either adults or over-16s.

The dashboard (https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/vaccinations) currently shows 43,535,098 are double-dosed which, with a population of 66.65m in the UK, comes out at 65%.

(Please don't counter me with "yeah, but most of those unvaccinated are kids and they don't really get ill" as all I'm doing is stepping in to explain the difference between what you are both saying.)

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
The WHO have a lot to answer over this covid.

Yes, also the corrupt Chinese state who deliberately suppressed the outbreak and allowed their citizens and their overseas visitors to travel, mingle, and eventually infect the rest of our world !

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Yes, also the corrupt Chinese state who deliberately suppressed the outbreak and allowed their citizens and their overseas visitors to travel, mingle, and eventually infect the rest of our world !

Aren’t we allowing our citizens to travel overseas to mingle and infect wherever they go ? We still have very high infection rates in our community. I don’t see the the moral difference between China’s actions and our own right now.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Aren’t we allowing our citizens to travel overseas to mingle and infect wherever they go ? We still have very high infection rates in our community. I don’t see the the moral difference between China’s actions and our own right now.
The Chinese were allowing their citizens to travel abroad while keeping quiet about the virus. This stopped all countries taking any action to stop entry.
The UK is allowing citizens to travel abroad but the difference is all other countries, now aware of the virus, are in control of who enters so effectively can close the borders.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
The Chinese were allowing their citizens to travel abroad while keeping quiet about the virus. This stopped all countries taking any action to stop entry.
The UK is allowing citizens to travel abroad but the difference is all other countries, now aware of the virus, are in control of who enters so effectively can close the borders.

Governments abroad are subject to enormous internal pressure from affected interests such as tourism etc. The same voices we hear on the news most nights backed up by Tory MPs over here are magnified in poorer countries who find it even more difficult economically to take the necessary measures. To say we are giving them the chance to close their borders is a bit of a cop out that allows us to go about our business with minimal effect on our consciences. That’s fine because there is more in play than just health but let’s not pretend that it is just China that is the problem. Remember as well that the people most vociferous in their condemnation of China are also often the same people who oppose lockdowns, masks and pretty every anti Covid measures we have taken over here.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Governments abroad are subject to enormous internal pressure from affected interests such as tourism etc. The same voices we hear on the news most nights backed up by Tory MPs over here are magnified in poorer countries who find it even more difficult economically to take the necessary measures. To say we are giving them the chance to close their borders is a bit of a cop out that allows us to go about our business with minimal effect on our consciences. That’s fine because there is more in play than just health but let’s not pretend that it is just China that is the problem. Remember as well that the people most vociferous in their condemnation of China are also often the same people who oppose lockdowns, masks and pretty every anti Covid measures we have taken over here.

I stick with what I originally said.

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020
Seems slightly higher - which is good

COVID-19: Four in five people aged 16 and over in UK have had both vaccine jabs, says government
A total of 43,535,098 people have had two jabs (80.1%) and 48,292,811 have been given one dose (88.8%), according to government data.

Deliberately or not, you are following the government line of only quoting adults in your data. The post you replied to said 65% of the population is vaccinated.

Clearly, as has been said so many times, children don't die from Covid, but they are clearly capable of spreading it to the unvaccinated and vulnerable.

It is also possible that this will cause extra strain on the NHS as it attempts to play catch up on the millions of cancelled appointments and procedures.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012

There's a difference here, the world apart from a very few nations are trying to reopen after significant lock down measures taken over 18 months and the economic disaster to virtually every nation state caused by implementing measures which now include a vaccination programme started virtually from scratch in an attempt to try to control this virus, The Chinese with the pathetic WHO by design or accidentally (who knows) buried their collective heads in the sand hoping this thing would go away. Countless millions of infections later alongside millions of deaths caused by or with Covid with possibly millions more to come could have been prevented or significantly reduced (see Covid-SARS-1) with a world wide system of reporting 'new diseases' already in place but ignored and allowing this virus to run rampant throughout the planet. From what could have been a relatively small inconvenience to the nation where this first erupted (on the now known scale of international disruption and disaster resulting from their inactivity) consequently, the world we are living in today.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I stick with what I originally said.

You are of course entitled to do that but the other side of the coin is that, knowing about the virus, our country continued to allow people in from infected areas. Possibly forgivable in the early stages but they continued to do this when they knew of the Delta variant and thousands flew in from India.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Seems post covid anti bodies actually mean having the vaccine is entirely pointless. Doubt that will result in any common sense being applied however.

https://youtu.be/u9B_WfI-_io
Complete rubbish. Antibodies diminish over time naturally. That's how it's supposed to work, otherwise the body would be working to fight off infection all the time. That's why we have t cells and b cells.

Vaccinated people recover quicker and are also less likely to pass on Covid. There is far less hospitalisation as well.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Speaking about waiting for replies, I’m still waiting to hear why you are fine with jumping on a packed train without a vaccine passport but are happy to shout down someone who is unsure about the use of them for a football ground?

Risk management. It's not binary (though that seems to be a difficult conecpt for many)

It's not necessarily about individuals being cmfortable with one thing or another, it's about finding the best/fairest ways to reduce overall transmission.

Many people HAVE to use public transport, especially poorer people, while (almost) nobody HAS to go to a football match (or clubbing).

So seems reasonable that we apply stricter rues for one than the other and in doing so you still reduce the overall risk within society slightly. Which may be enough to help avoid that 'lockdown' we are worried about.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Deliberately or not, you are following the government line of only quoting adults in your data. The post you replied to said 65% of the population is vaccinated.

Clearly, as has been said so many times, children don't die from Covid, but they are clearly capable of spreading it to the unvaccinated and vulnerable.

It is also possible that this will cause extra strain on the NHS as it attempts to play catch up on the millions of cancelled appointments and procedures.

Also doesn’t include those that have picked up protection via infection, or children that are at risk that have been jabbed.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
So those that want to be jabbed will have been jabbed

Why would we need lockdowns/restrictions?

I don’t care about those that have chosen not to be jabbed, that’s a personal choice.

Totally agree with your point that there is no need for future lockdown/restrictions.

However, I do take issue with your statement that you don't care about those who have chosen not to jabbed. I bloody do. Not because of the selfish anti-vax lunatics themselves but because these f*****s are catching covid and ending up in hospitals taking up beds that should now be accommodating those who have been on waiting lists for bloody years. The anti-vax loons are bed blocking....and that ain't right.

Clearly we can't refuse to treat those who have ended up in hospital with covid after refusing the jab but we could, and IMO should, make any anti-vaxer who ends up in hospital with covid pay for their treatment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here