Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Vaccine passport required to enter Amex

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
See a new lock down is coming. Even though almost everyone is vaxxed. This is never going to end until people finally realise that what we are trying to do is madness and decide to say enough. Otherwise this is going on forever.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
See a new lock down is coming. Even though almost everyone is vaxxed. This is never going to end until people finally realise that what we are trying to do is madness and decide to say enough. Otherwise this is going on forever.

"No plans for October lockdown"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-58474536

"The i newspaper said plans had been drawn up to extend the school half-term holiday, if the number of hospitalisations continue at the current level.

The i said a full lockdown was unlikely - but the government could introduce some rules as part of a "firebreak".

However the Department for Education said the report was "not true".

"It is not true that the government is planning a lockdown or firebreak around the October half term," it said in a tweet."

Analysis following:

"If the NHS was at risk of collapse the return of restrictions is possible. Contingency plans are, of course, in place.

But the key question is - what is the likelihood of this? Very few of those scientists advising government think it's a likely scenario.

And - as one scientist put it to me - "if we were going to suggest anything it wouldn't be closing schools".

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham

"The i newspaper said plans had been drawn up to extend the school half-term holiday, if the number of hospitalisations continue at the current level.

The i said a full lockdown was unlikely - but the government could introduce some rules as part of a "firebreak".

"It is not true that the government is planning a lockdown or firebreak around the October half term," it said in a tweet."

Analysis following:

"If the NHS was at risk of collapse the return of restrictions is possible. Contingency plans are, of course, in place.

But the key question is - what is the likelihood of this? Very few of those scientists advising government think it's a likely scenario.

And - as one scientist put it to me - "if we were going to suggest anything it wouldn't be closing schools".

We’ll see.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
We’ll see.

Indeed we will.

So we can play a game of "let's see who's right", please give me your definition of "lockdown". Mine is the same as those applied in March 2020 and Jan 2021 - everything closed except essential shops, kids at home for at least half a term, no fans at sport, everyone WFH. I assume that's what yours is too and what you think will happen?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Analysis following:

So, they are not planning to actually lockdown in Oct but they have contingency plans to do so if the need arises.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
So, they are not planning to actually lockdown in Oct but they have contingency plans to do so if the need arises.

So those that want to be jabbed will have been jabbed

Why would we need lockdowns/restrictions?

I don’t care about those that have chosen not to be jabbed, that’s a personal choice.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Indeed we will.

So we can play a game of "let's see who's right", please give me your definition of "lockdown". Mine is the same as those applied in March 2020 and Jan 2021 - everything closed except essential shops, kids at home for at least half a term, no fans at sport, everyone WFH. I assume that's what yours is too and what you think will happen?

Anything.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Anything.

Thanks Dan.

Anything eh?

"Schools must maximise ventilation and advise pupils to dress accordingly" - LOCKDOWN

"Workplaces must provide adequate cleaning wipes and hand sanitizer at all times" - LOCKDOWN

"Customers are advised to try and maintain a one metre distance from each other where possible" - LOCKDOWN

:lolol:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

I don’t care about those that have chosen not to be jabbed, that’s a personal choice.

I don’t think it’ll happen, but after the awful last 18 months for everyone (apart from PPE company owners), you cannot rule anything out.

Just saying …. a more potent variant? Effectiveness of vaccines wane?

Genuinely fingers crossed here that no more Lockdowns or international travel restrictions.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I don’t think it’ll happen, but after the awful last 18 months for everyone (apart from PPE company owners), you cannot rule anything out.

Just saying …. a more potent variant? Effectiveness of vaccines wane?

Genuinely fingers crossed here that no more Lockdowns or international travel restrictions.

The inventor of the Oxford vaccine said way back a new variant wouldn’t be able to break protection of the vaccine due to the way it’s designed.

It just seems the people pushing for the restrictions in the media are those that wanted them back (in some cases to go back to step 2) in June

Some of those people are pushing for bans on alcohol on health grounds as well

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West

Only 65% of the population have been double jabbed - that's an awful lot of people who are theoretically still very vulnerable (albeit a good proportion of those are children). Hospitals will still need to deal with the very ill, whether they are anti-vaxxers or not.....and once hospitals get clogged up, lockdowns will follow. Also, we now know that efficacy tails off after 4 - 6 months, so booster jabs are needed fairly urgently for those (elderly) people who were in the first tranche of vaccinations back in the spring.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The inventor of the Oxford vaccine said way back a new variant wouldn’t be able to break protection of the vaccine due to the way it’s designed.

It just seems the people pushing for the restrictions in the media are those that wanted them back (in some cases to go back to step 2) in June

Some of those people are pushing for bans on alcohol on health grounds as well

Some people including random members of the public, tried to use the pandemic to pursue kill joy warped personal agendas.

Heard all sorts … people who patently hate others having fun at pubs or pub gardens, anti pro football, anti clubbing, or jealous of those who travel abroad. On that last point, some eco warriors openly hoped this was a panacea where we see empty skies with few vapour trails forever. I do get the CO2 point, but many of us want to sample foreign climes, cultures etc.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Thanks Dan.

Anything eh?

"Schools must maximise ventilation and advise pupils to dress accordingly" - LOCKDOWN

"Workplaces must provide adequate cleaning wipes and hand sanitizer at all times" - LOCKDOWN

"Customers are advised to try and maintain a one metre distance from each other where possible" - LOCKDOWN

That wasn’t my reply but fun response by you anyway.

I’m not putting a timescale to how long it needs to last but would say not recommended to go into work, hospitality shut, kids not at school = lockdown in my book.

The point is that if we can’t now carry on normally with everyone who needs to be jabbed double vaxxed and such high number with anti bodies then we might as well raise the white flag and say this is life forever. Black Mirror. Like I said we will see but all the signalling is there for our masters and their data geniuses to click their fingers and send us all scuttling home again.

And if it ever stops for covid then the next reason will be the climate. All the signalling is there.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
That wasn’t my reply but fun response by you anyway.

I know.

I asked you a question and he replied with nonsense. Sometimes my sarcasm just takes over, normally when I'm confronted with ****wittery and particularly when it's from a Spurs fan on a thread about Brighton tickets.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Thanks Dan.

Anything eh?

:dunce:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I know.

I asked you a question and he replied with nonsense. Sometimes my sarcasm just takes over, normally when I'm confronted with ****wittery and particularly when it's from a Spurs fan on a thread about Brighton tickets.

Speaking about waiting for replies, I’m still waiting to hear why you are fine with jumping on a packed train without a vaccine passport but are happy to shout down someone who is unsure about the use of them for a football ground?

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Only 65% of the population have been double jabbed - that's an awful lot of people who are theoretically still very vulnerable (albeit a good proportion of those are children). Hospitals will still need to deal with the very ill, whether they are anti-vaxxers or not.....and once hospitals get clogged up, lockdowns will follow. Also, we now know that efficacy tails off after 4 - 6 months, so booster jabs are needed fairly urgently for those (elderly) people who were in the first tranche of vaccinations back in the spring.

75% were double jabbed a month ago. What stats are you checking?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Speaking about waiting for replies, I’m still waiting to hear why you are fine with jumping on a packed train without a vaccine passport but are happy to shout down someone who is unsure about the use of them for a football ground?

Because it's a false dichotomy.

I'm back to work, back to the football, back to the pub because I'm jabbed, That's a consistent position.

He is "jabbed" but won't go. He won't show his phone but is "considering" printing a QR code.

I think anyone with half a brain can work out the problem.

Are you posting this stuff on Spurs' board? How's it going?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

Seems slightly higher - which is good

COVID-19: Four in five people aged 16 and over in UK have had both vaccine jabs, says government
A total of 43,535,098 people have had two jabs (80.1%) and 48,292,811 have been given one dose (88.8%), according to government data.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here