Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Vaccine passport required to enter Amex

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Sorry, but I've asked you over and over again why you won't go yourself when you say you are vaccinated and you've not once answered it. It's a totally illogical position to take, cutting off your nose to spite your face, so forgive me for getting quite frustrated. You are not making sense. If you're vaccinated no one is keeping YOU from the football and if you're protesting by keeping your seat empty then, sorry, no one is really going to care that much.

Regarding the bolded bit it's an incentive, not a punishment. Again, being pro vax yourself, as you claim is your position, makes no sense. Get a jab, go to a game, help the country, protect yourself and those around you. It's win all round. There's a tiny minority who will have to wait a while longer, like the needle phobic chap on here and people with extreme allergies, but for everyone else there is literally no excuse.

You really seem to care :)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yes they can but I think they are trying to stop this for nightclubs

As an aside, when are the government going to announce their plans? They’re supposed to be in place by the end of month and there’s not much time left for businesses to adjust.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
As an aside, when are the government going to announce their plans? They’re supposed to be in place by the end of month and there’s not much time left for businesses to adjust.

Not sure and it will be interesting to see what Labour will do.
Keir at the moment is opposed and with the libertarian wing of the Tories that would probably scare off the bill.

I think it's probably a vote winner so Kier will go with Boris and it will go through

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
To football, yes, at the moment but the club expect this to end in October. Suspect the Covid Pass will be double jab only by then.

Have the club actually said they expect this to end? If so, this is shit for people like me , as the club don’t recognize my EU Covid pass and have told me to get a LFT. I know others in a similar boat….as you do.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
and thats why i'd be against it. expensive, unreliable and easily gamed, and doesnt encourage people to get vaccine. we need to stop blanket testing.

Just asking … isn’t the proof that it does encourage, the French example where they were way behind us in vaccine uptake, then an under fire Macron introduced Vaccine Passports. Overnight millions of the reticent and obstinate booked their first dose?

Would be lower numbers involved here due to the huge numbers already fully vax’d.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
and thats why i'd be against it. expensive, unreliable and easily gamed, and doesnt encourage people to get vaccine. we need to stop blanket testing.

They need to start beinging in charges to test to do stuff you can do freely when double jabbed.

Certain American states/companies has it right.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Just asking … isn’t the proof that it does encourage, the French example where they were way behind us in vaccine uptake, then an under fire Macron introduced Vaccine Passports. Overnight millions of the reticent and obstinate booked their first dose?

Would be lower numbers involved here due to the huge numbers already fully vax’d.

vaccine passports encourage uptake of vaccines. what motivation to get vaccinated if you can just keep testing as an alternative?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
They need to start beinging in charges to test to do stuff you can do freely when double jabbed.

Certain American states/companies has it right.

They can…but then I’ll do neither (hmm..maybe I’d pay for football)…although I think it’s a good point re tests…as in highlighting the cost of each one..I’m sure people think they cost nothing to make etc

Last edited:

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
why does anyone care about this? if people don't want to join in and be a part of their community, they can stay at home and go gently madder. meanwhile, everyone else can just get on with their lives. everyone gets what they want, it's one of those very rare, win wins :shrug:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Have the club actually said they expect this to end? If so, this is shit for people like me , as the club don’t recognize my EU Covid pass and have told me to get a LFT. I know others in a similar boat….as you do.

It's a grey area and you're better off continuing to discuss with the club.

It's expected that the NHS Covid Pass will only be valid if you're double jabbed from October but, of course, this is Boris, so anything could happen. The club could then continue to accept lateral flow test passes of course but I'm not sure of what the documentation would be. Wouldn't you need rock solid proof of a negative PCB to get here in the first place?

If the club aren't taking overseas jab proof that really is very poor. My mum can use her NHS pass to get in restaurants in France. I'd suggest you and UB find others in your situation and try to have a reasonable discussion with the club as a group. I'm sure they'd want to accommodate you.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
What am I avoiding? Honestly you feel like a stalker. I have been nothing but open in a hostile enviroment.

What do you want?

Simple. An answer to the two questions you've never directly answered.

1) You have said your two seats will be empty but also that you are pro-vax and double jabbed. Why will your seat be empty? You can get in.
2) If the answer to 1 is "as a protest" do you really think that will be successful? If you are a continued no show the club may not let you renew and you'll not be able to go after the requirement is dropped.

1) is the important one BTW. You've never answered it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It's a grey area and you're better off continuing to discuss with the club.

It's expected that the NHS Covid Pass will only be valid if you're double jabbed from October but, of course, this is Boris, so anything could happen. The club could then continue to accept lateral flow test passes of course but I'm not sure of what the documentation would be. Wouldn't you need rock solid proof of a negative PCB to get here in the first place?

If the club aren't taking overseas jab proof that really is very poor. My mum can use her NHS pass to get in restaurants in France. I'd suggest you and UB find others in your situation and try to have a reasonable discussion with the club as a group. I'm sure they'd want to accommodate you.

It is a bit frustrating that my EU Covid passport can get me into the UK but currently not into the AMEX. It’s also in English so there’s no issue with language.

I know two other people in my situation so I’ll post something on here and see if there’s anyone else.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
It is a bit frustrating that my EU Covid passport can get me into the UK but currently not into the AMEX. It’s also in English so there’s no issue with language.

I know two other people in my situation so I’ll post something on here and see if there’s anyone else.

Good luck mate - that seems very silly.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Good luck with it. The club should be recognizing your EU pass and have had plenty of time to incorporate it into policy. Bearing in mind the cursory or non existent checks of the UK equivalent it wouldn’t even be that difficult. Isn’t there a fans forum coming up ? Maybe raise it there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here