Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Vaccine passport required to enter Amex

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
This for me is the exactly the crux of the matter.
If you are travelling I don't have a problem, its about the everyday.
It's about going about ones business like watching sport, having a meal, theatre, gym without the intervention of the state.

In this country we have never had ID cards, unlike many other countries and I'd like that to continue.

I know in the States the ID card is a norm and when in New York I was often asked to show it when going to bars.

I understand many if not most people don't give a shit but I do. I wish I bloody didn't but I do

I wish we never had a pandemic but we did.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
I'm against it on principle. I don't agree that my medical information is the business of anyone else.
I think its a move towards an authoritarian state.
Showing papers to go to the theatre etc.. This was called a conspiracy theory just a few months ago.

There are protests across the world about this. Have you seen what is happening in France with the protesters eating picnics outside restaurants.
I don't agree with discrimination against people whom for whatever reason don't want the jab.

I also don't think it works. There seems very little (if any) evidence that they stop the spread of the virus.
The Boardmasters and Reading Festivals were both passport events but had huge COVID spikes.

What you define as not sinister is not necessarily my definition.
I respect your view point is different to mine.
I hope you understand at least some of the points I'm making, even if you disagree with them

I’m sorry but you are making a mountain out of a molehill.

Your medical information is already shared with different people. All that is happening now is that some steward is seeing whether you’ve had two jabs or not. Nothing more. What is sinister about that?

We’ve had a pandemic which crippled the entire world. Vaccines reduce the spread and reduce the risk of serious illness/death. It seems illogical to not wish to comply with this because you are upset that terry the steward knows you been jabbed like most other people.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
This for me is the exactly the crux of the matter.
If you are travelling I don't have a problem, its about the everyday.
It's about going about ones business like watching sport, having a meal, theatre, gym without the intervention of the state.

In this country we have never had ID cards, unlike many other countries and I'd like that to continue.

I know in the States the ID card is a norm and when in New York I was often asked to show it when going to bars.

I understand many if not most people don't give a shit but I do. I wish I bloody didn't but I do

I find this very interesting that you have drawn this line as it seems a tad random . To follow your argument to its ultimate conclusion if i was to drive my car everyday with no mot because i felt it imposed on my liberty and then the brakes failed on a hill and i ploughed through a bus queue would you sympathise with me or not ?
If you say (as i fully believe you would ) " no of course not " then i feel free to point out that living in a society entails having to follow certain rules that not everybody will necessarily agree with but the large majority will .
If you say " yes go ahead it was just an accident " then i feel you are not a person i could reasonably engage with .

I would also point out that if at the next election one of the parties were to stand on a no covid passport platform , which you then voted for , and they won sufficient seats to form a government then i would expect them to change the requirements whether i personally agreed or not .

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Your medical information is already shared with different people. All that is happening now is that some steward is seeing whether you’ve had two jabs or not. Nothing more. What is sinister about that?

We’ve had a pandemic which crippled the entire world. Vaccines reduce the spread and reduce the risk of serious illness/death. It seems illogical to not wish to comply with this because you are upset that terry the steward knows you been jabbed like most other people.

Inclined to agree with these sentiments.

This is no different to having a driving licence that you can use to confirm that you have past a driving test.

I'm personally not against compulsory ID cards but I know some are against it. I don't see a covid pass as the same thing. Some will argue that it is the thin end of the wedge. Well I guess they'd say the same about driving licences.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint

What you and I disagree on is if you are unvaccinated you are not allowed into the Amex.

I don't think Terry the steward should be able to make that decision.

We obviously disagree and my stance has zero affect on you so I think its best to move on

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I popped out yesterday to meet a friend for Sunday lunch. The manufacturer-installed telematics in my car recorded and stored every detail of my journey, including start and finish time, the route I took, speed and even driving behaviour. Fixed and mobile ANPR cameras would also have tracked my journey, if required, as would my phone. I paid using a credit card which recorded the time and date of the purchase and the till will have stored and cross-referenced the details of exactly what I ordered. CCTV at the pub would have shown who I was meeting.

Not a big fan of carrying compulsory ID papers but frankly, the stuff we voluntarily do and use is way more useful that an ID card to anybody who is interested.

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I popped out yesterday to meet a friend for Sunday lunch. The manufacturer-installed telematics in my car recorded and stored every detail of my journey, including start and finish time, the route I took, speed and even driving behaviour. Fixed and mobile ANPR cameras would also have tracked my journey, if required, as would my phone. I paid using a credit card which recorded the time and date of the purchase and the till will have stored and cross-referenced the details of exactly what I ordered. CCTV at the pub would have shown who I was meeting.

Not a big fan of carrying compulsory ID papers but frankly, the stuff we voluntarily do and use is way more useful that an ID card to anybody who is interested.

They should be able to tie it all in

By a ticket for something and it runs a check in the background

Flags you as needed a PCR test to use service if not vaccinated

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I find this very interesting that you have drawn this line as it seems a tad random . To follow your argument to its ultimate conclusion if i was to drive my car everyday with no mot because i felt it imposed on my liberty and then the brakes failed on a hill and i ploughed through a bus queue would you sympathise with me or not ?
If you say (as i fully believe you would ) " no of course not " then i feel free to point out that living in a society entails having to follow certain rules that not everybody will necessarily agree with but the large majority will .
If you say " yes go ahead it was just an accident " then i feel you are not a person i could reasonably engage with .

I would also point out that if at the next election one of the parties were to stand on a no covid passport platform , which you then voted for , and they won sufficient seats to form a government then i would expect them to change the requirements whether i personally agreed or not .

This is a virus not a driving test.

These emergency powers we are living under are not the norm and I think its vital people keep an eye on the Government power grab.

Medical passports were called anti-British just a few months ago what has changed?

Kate Bingham said the vaccibe was for the vulnerable only and definitely not for children.
The goal posts keep moving.

Medical passports are in my view a step too far

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
This is a virus not a driving test.

These emergency powers we are living under are not the norm and I think its vital people keep an eye on the Government power grab.

Medical passports were called anti-British just a few months ago what has changed?

Kate Bingham said the vaccibe was for the vulnerable only and definitely not for children.
The goal posts keep moving.

Medical passports are in my view a step too far

My point was not about driving but about whether ok in a society to ignore laws and rules you may not agree with .
I fully understand that you are not happy about the covid passport and you are completely entitled to that view .
I for one have never called them anti-British and do not think they are .Indeed quite the opposite .
I may be sleepwalking into a big brother society but at the moment do not consider that so .
We will just have to differ on these , at least we agree on that !

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
What you and I disagree on is if you are unvaccinated you are not allowed into the Amex.

We obviously disagree and my stance has zero affect on you so I think its best to move on

I'm actually just trying to help you see how getting over your hang up (which I believe is minor) can open up opportunities of enjoyment. Go on, do a U-turn and enjoy life with the majority.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

Terry the steward isn't making that decision. The senior execs running the club have made that decision. Terry the steward is simply enforcing it. Same as stewards don't decide any of the ground Ts &Cs, they are simply responsible for ensuring they are complied with, so far as they are able to.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Terry the steward isn't making that decision. The senior execs running the club have made that decision. Terry the steward is simply enforcing it. Same as stewards don't decide any of the ground Ts &Cs, they are simply responsible for ensuring they are complied with, so far as they are able to.

Correct. It's a club decision which means that it has come from the very top. And it's completely sensible.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

What is it specifically that Terry can do to you by checking you have your vaccine passport ?

Why do you think the unvaccinated should be allowed to enter the Amex ?

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
What is it specifically that Terry can do to you by checking you have your vaccine passport ?

Why do you think the unvaccinated should be allowed to enter the Amex ?

He’ll just know. And depending on your level of risk associated with what terry will do with that knowledge it seems like some people are willing to divorce themselves from one of their most enjoyable pastimes.

Absolutely illogical thinking!

smiler

Jan 12, 2006
Shoreham by Sea
Correct. It's a club decision which means that it has come from the very top. And it's completely sensible.

The senior execs have made the decisions but where was the implementation on Sunday?

Three people doing the frisking but no one to look at any documentation . When my documentation was offered they were not interested.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
He’ll just know. And depending on your level of risk associated with what terry will do with that knowledge it seems like some people are willing to divorce themselves from one of their most enjoyable pastimes.

Absolutely illogical thinking!

Indeed.

So illogical that one might reasonably conclude that [MENTION=633]n1 gull[/MENTION] doesn't actually have a Covid Pass at all. But I'm sure he does and just doesn't want to flash it at some random. That'll be it. Definitely.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
The senior execs have made the decisions but where was the implementation on Sunday?

Three people doing the frisking but no one to look at any documentation . When my documentation was offered they were not interested.

Who knows. Didn't go.

I can think of a reason why the risk profile might be a bit different.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Indeed.

So illogical that one might reasonably conclude that [MENTION=633]n1 gull[/MENTION] doesn't actually have a Covid Pass at all. But I'm sure he does and just doesn't want to flash it at some random. That'll be it. Definitely.

Wow are you a moderator because this is now feeling personal?

I'm not looking to change anything, how radical is that?

I am just questioning this new normal.
Never ever in the history of this great free country (or club) have we gone down this road.

I understand there has been a pandemic. I understand you have a different point of view.
I have never at any point got personal. Check my posts they are all polite, even if you disagree with them.

I can't get onboard with unvaccinated people being excluded from going to football, theatre, gym, gigs, nightclubs, church etc..

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Wow are you a moderator because this is now feeling personal?

I'm not looking to change anything, how radical is that?

I am just questioning this new normal.
Never ever in the history of this great free country (or club) have we gone down this road.

I understand there has been a pandemic. I understand you have a different point of view.
I have never at any point got personal. Check my posts they are all polite, even if you disagree with them.

I can't get onboard with unvaccinated people being excluded from going to football, theatre, gym, gigs, nightclubs, church etc..

Sorry, but I've asked you over and over again why you won't go yourself when you say you are vaccinated and you've not once answered it. It's a totally illogical position to take, cutting off your nose to spite your face, so forgive me for getting quite frustrated. You are not making sense. If you're vaccinated no one is keeping YOU from the football and if you're protesting by keeping your seat empty then, sorry, no one is really going to care that much.

Regarding the bolded bit it's an incentive, not a punishment. Again, being pro vax yourself, as you claim is your position, the bolded bit makes no sense. Get a jab, go to a game, help the country, protect yourself and those around you. It's win all round. There's a tiny minority who will have to wait a while longer, like the needle phobic chap on here and people with extreme allergies, but for everyone else there is literally no excuse.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

If they have a negative LFT they can get in, can’t they?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here