Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Vaccine passport required to enter Amex

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Queued to get in to lower West. Used my season ticket on phone.

Wasn’t searched.

No-one asked for my Covid pass or ID.

So much for the new era!

East lower for me but same. No search and nobody asked to see a covid pass. Phone ticket worked no problem at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
A cursory check of my pass, but not my ID. Seemed a lot of people struggling with the phone/season card thing for WSU. Negligible face mask wearing.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Why oh Why did they put us all through the hassle of Covid passports,Lateral flow test and photo id to ignore all of them ??

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Mine were checked, as were everyone in front of me as far as I saw. 30mins before the game. Though three of the four turnstiles were blocked with people struggling to scan their tickets.

EDIT: No bag check or pat down. Did see someone in the (almost non-existent) north stand queue get the wand treatment.

Last edited:

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
You may not be unhappy but I would expect a very large backlash against that given it's not Government policy, (and the indication for October is purely for vaccine pass) and PBs inbox overloading with complaints.

I’d probably take the view that this useless govt has abdicated responsibility for managing the pandemic and is leaving it to private business and individuals.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Android phone took 7 attempts to work, no ID check, no way Covid passport was read just a glance - WSU

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
Why oh Why did they put us all through the hassle of Covid passports,Lateral flow test and photo id to ignore all of them ??

The process of checking someones COVID passport and ID should take 10 seconds, however I suspect the main problem was that this was the first ticketless league game. This probably led to the queues backing up, as people couldn't work out how to scan their phones. If the club had checked everyones COVID status as well then i suspect they would have never got everyone in the ground in time for kick off.

I suppose even if the COVID checks were random this would still ensure most people keep to the rules as they are unlikely to risk turning up and not being able to get in.

Last edited:

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est retiré.
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Got to the WSL at 5.15pm, stood in a queue for about 5 minutes where a gormless steward doing nothing apart from gawping around could have checked NHS passes - but didn't. Got to the turnstile, lady didn't give a toss - so we just tapped our phones (worked perfectly) and the turnstiles welcomed us back to the Amex with a nice green light..

Other side of the turnstiles, I'd say maybe 10% of people wearing masks on the concourse.

The rules were not only 'not followed', they were pretty much ignored!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Had show I'd been doubled jabbed as I can't get a pass yet and then had to produce ID. Then wanded. WS Jnr was asked his age and then just waved through. No real hassle though.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
After arseing about for a week getting everything downloaded onto my phone.

No NHS Covid check.
No check of my identity.
Season ticket app on my phone did not scan.
We won.
:moo:

scooter1

How soon is now?
Tickets on the phone worked a treat, but the COVID queueing was a bit of a mess. I know it’s old school, but a steward at the end of each queue confirming which queue you’re in could have saved a bit of faffing. The north, east lower, east family, east upper and the top east lower access all sort of melded into two or three queues. And people who wanted to get into east reception, had to kind of sneak through. As it was, my covid pass wasn’t checked 45 mins before kick off.
Anyway it’s all sugar coated by 3 great points and a decent controlling performance

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
WSU, joined the queue about 4.30 at the south entrance. Was a pretty substantial queue and we were told that COVID check was being binned to move the queue along.

Would estimate about 25% of people going through at the same time as me had some sort of issue, although I was absolutely fine.

Wanded, which was much quicker than a pat down, and shall be keeping hold of my clear carrier bag from the shop as that seems like it’s appropriate for matches

matumaini

Feb 25, 2018
Exactly made themselves look a little silly. If you are going to send email, text reminders re downloads/checks do what you are indicating. Pretty pathetic.

Sent from my Power using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I had my head down trying to connect to the WI-FI.

It was touch and go as I neared the front of the queue, somewhat fearful I was going to be one of 'those' people.

But boom just in the nick of time WiFi connected, app open, looked up and...

...Jnr said 'we're already through covid check and security'. :lol:

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Not a stress anywhere, a few in The Swan then over the road for a comfortable win.

Carlsberg don't do home games......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here