Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Utterly Unbelievable

It was a laughably shit email, but the pointless handwringing on here is a joke.

"out of touch with supporters"? FFS that is pathetic.

It's not a board headed by Vincent Tan is it?
What is truly shocking is the identity of some of the posters who are being very critical of the Club. They should be very worried, but I doubt that they are.

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
Just had my reply from Paul. He acknowledges that a young marketing team got it wrong but with the best of intentions and that they will learn from it. Can't ask for any more and this is the first time a CEO has responded directly to me at this time of night. We all make mistakes, it's how you respond to them that matters.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
What is truly shocking is the identity of some of the posters who are being very critical of the Club. They should be very worried, but I doubt that they are.

With respect why should people be worried ? It is an exchange of views. Maybe the club will ban fans that have anything bad to say.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
@%1;
Just had my reply from Paul. He acknowledges that a young marketing team got it wrong but with the best of intentions and that they will learn from it. Can't ask for any more and this is the first time a CEO has responded directly to me at this time of night. We all make mistakes, it's how you respond to them that matters.

Far enough. I was annoyed last night, not because of the email as I know the club are doing everything possible to try and raise funds to help lessen the burden on TB and FFP, but the timing of it was crass to say the least.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Sorry, you're going to have to elaborate I think.

This club has already had the same number of people through the Amex turnstiles as we managed in ten seasons at Withdean. So the way I see it is why should the club be worried that some people who were quite blatantly part of the cosy Withdean old guard are now being melodramatic over a badly timed email?

Seriously, perhaps you need to explain it.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I still think this is a valid thread, people were pissed off, complained and got a decent response.
I don't understand all the fuss

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

This club has already had the same number of people through the Amex turnstiles as we managed in ten seasons at Withdean. So the way I see it is why should the club be worried that some people who were quite blatantly part of the cosy Withdean old guard are now being melodramatic over a badly timed email?

I tend to agree with you Simster. I find the comment worrying. I don't see that people cannot post on an independant forum without frear of being " struck off " by the club so it needs to be elaborated on.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

"Truly shocking"...."very critical"....."should be very worried"....

We are talking about an email touting discount tops from the club's merchandising department, aren't we? Honestly, if someone of Paul Samrah's gravitas is now taking huge offence at something so ridiculously minor then I would respectfully suggest that the club is in fact extremely good health.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
My apologies to LB. I misread his post. He was saying THO had a valid point, as he does.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
This thread is hilarious.

I read the email at about 1am at some service station on the A1, & my reaction was that it was somewhat ill-thought out, perhaps lacking a sense of timing. I can't say it made me think about rushing out to buy some kit. But now, in the cold light of day, I just think it's quite funny.

Though still not as funny as some of the outraged reactions on here. Emailing Paul Barber in the guise of Disgusted From Denton or Furious Of Ferring? Talk about making a mountain out of a molehill. Have a look at yourselves :lolol:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
All you will get will be a bland reply from someone who is out of touch with the supporters. A full apology on the Club's website wouldn't go amiss, but I won't hold my breath. Very very disillusioned about the Club and the direction it is going. Such a shame, especially after all DK & TB have put into it. The uptake of ST & 1901 renewals for next season will be interesting.
Sorry Paul but that comes across as very much a case of sour grapes, I would have expected a man with your financial expertise to be in favour of anything that raises revenue and thus aids the club we all love.

Last edited:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
There are some very strange people on this thread. Strange people who need to realise that there is more to life than a football club.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
The Marketing department at the club is a bloody amateurish embarrassment.

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
As a club we are quite aware of the comments on this thread from all those who've contributed. To provide some perspective, this was one member of staff, trying to show some initiative, who simply made an error of judgement. We appreciate the timing wasn't perfect, and apologies to anyone who was genuinely offended (although, I would hope nobody was actually offended by the email). We do appreciate that some NSCers prefer not to receive these marketing emails, and some have made that very clear, but these e-mail campaigns are just one form of marketing which help the club boost its commercial revenue. We'd prefer you didn't of course, but fans can opt out of receiving such emails.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
As a club we are quite aware of the comments on this thread from all those who've contributed. To provide some perspective, this was one member of staff, trying to show some initiative, who simply made an error of judgement. We appreciate the timing wasn't perfect, and apologies to anyone who was genuinely offended (although, I would hope nobody was actually offended by the email). We do appreciate that some NSCers prefer not to receive these marketing emails, and some have made that very clear, but these e-mail campaigns are just one form of marketing which help the club boost its commercial revenue. We'd prefer you didn't of course, but fans can opt out of receiving such emails.

Fair play. OFFENDED? They'll get over it ffs.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The Marketing department at the club is a bloody amateurish embarrassment.

I'm more embarrassed by some of the over the top reactions on here than the email, which is quite clearly just a simple case of a individual misjudging a situation.

I'm quite happy with Insider's response- they perhaps recognise the situation now and I'm sure it won't happen again.

What do people want- a refund of half their season ticket price & a full page apology in tomorrow's Times???

I don't need to explain anything. I was merely pointing out that I was shocked to realise how disillusioned some of my fellow members of the Falmer For All team have become with the Club. And I'm not just thinking of Paul Samrah.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here