Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

User nominated bannings

I was a big fan of the like/dislike. I think if we had left in place for six months then people would have seen it as a positive thing. I say bring back the rep.

But I do vaguely the Bozza idea. May be more complex to manage from a moderator point of view than the rep though.

Bring back the rep but not anonymous.

i think its a brilliant idea

i nominate someone who works for the government, wears rose coloured spectacles and is never ever wrong, no siree.

...and actors

...and bankers getting huge bonuses...you cant fool me marcus

...all these wsu oiks who thing they can lord ity over everyone just cos the sit near bloom

...all teh racists and pwoper nawty geezers

...all the bleeding heart liberals.

...all the soft southern blouse wearing shandy drinking poofs

that just leaves me, rosm, the club press officer, and fellow 5:32 crew.

Utopia

sounds like a plan

And that leaves me in as well:thumbsup:

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
I'm giving up posting in case I annoy anyone!!

Will return to reading NSC which I did for months before I plucked up the courage to post!!!

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
I'm not very keen on myself today, January blues and stuff, any chance of getting enough posters together to ban me?

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
I'm not very keen on myself today, January blues and stuff, any chance of getting enough posters together to ban me?

Always blowing your own horn arent you!

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Bad idea IMO and would need too much extra admin from for the mods. No one would keep up with who has been nominated and so would lead to repeat nominations, despite the once in 3 months rule.

What's wrong with the mods deciding themselves if someone is being delibrately irritating on a constant basis?[/QUOTE]

We do anyway.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Bad idea IMO and would need too much extra admin from for the mods. No one would keep up with who has been nominated and so would lead to repeat nominations, despite the once in 3 months rule.

What's wrong with the mods deciding themselves if someone is being delibrately irritating on a constant basis?

Nothing, IMHO.

But some seem to think we are too liberal!

Perhaps if people reported posts promptly and didn't feed the trolls or poke the bears it wouldn't be such a big deal? :moo:

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Nothing, IMHO.

Perhaps if people reported posts promptly and didn't feed the trolls or poke the bears it wouldn't be such a big deal? :moo:

Or just manned up and used the ignore user function rather than crying like a f***ing baby to the mods.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Good idea but it depends on the person.

Some people just need an enforced "resting" for a little while :moo: call it a sin bin if ya like, whereas (rarely) some need a perm ban.

I agree, their are cliques though and groups of friends who will side with each other, regardless of merit.

maybe the system described could result in a yellow card first (warning) and then a red card next (ban)

As albion fans we have the most experience in the land with yellow/red cards, so should be easy to implement :lolol:

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Nothing, IMHO.

Unfortunately people just react to antagonising posts without actually realising they're better off ignoring them and letting them drop down the board naturally

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here