Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

User nominated bannings

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I post on somethingawful which is a pay to post forum run off a comedy/humour website.

They used to have a section called helldump where you could call out persistantly bad posters with examples of why they are bad at posting. And then at the end of the month, the forum would choose who to ban.

Think they eventually got rid of it due to causing binfest and it used to trip into peoples private lives a bit too much.

Some posters on that website were the dregs of society though tbh, with many more issues than those on here (as weird as that sounds).

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Bad idea IMO and would need too much extra admin from for the mods. No one would keep up with who has been nominated and so would lead to repeat nominations, despite the once in 3 months rule.

What's wrong with the mods deciding themselves if someone is being delibrately irritating on a constant basis?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If ever there was something to cause a binfest it would be adopting these type of rules

Jan 30, 2008
Bad idea IMO and would need too much extra admin from for the mods. No one would keep up with who has been nominated and so would lead to repeat nominations, despite the once in 3 months rule.

What's wrong with the mods deciding themselves if someone is being delibrately irritating on a constant basis?
probably because what some people find irritating others find amusing ?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
It could turn out like the life of Brian!

'Welease Wodewick'

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Who will be the first to nominate [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] :D

Or vote off the winning person in the vcash game to allow second place to win??

:D

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
i think its a brilliant idea

I nominate someone who works for the government, wears rose coloured spectacles and is never ever wrong, no siree.

...and actors

...and bankers getting huge bonuses...you cant fool me marcus

...all these WSU oiks who thing they can lord ity over everyone just cos the sit near bloom

...all teh racists and pwoper nawty geezers

...all the bleeding heart liberals.

...all the soft southern blouse wearing shandy drinking poofs

That just leaves me, ROSM, The Club press Officer, and fellow 5:32 crew.

Utopia

Sounds like a plan

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Remember the reputation system? Just dont try it. At the very least you need to drasticly increase the number of seconders.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
Isn't that exactly what the Ignore function is for?

Exactly.
Otherwise any latent NSC cliques might be tempted to materialise which cannot be very healthy. Whoever has complained to you is a 'big boy' I'm sure who can either fight his own battles or use the ignore function.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
oh yes, leave guiness dave and buzzer in here too, the rest of you can , I think the phrase is "do one"

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Why not bring the Like and Dislike system back and then ban people who get a certain amount of dislikes ? Much less administration that way !

For the record, I think it's a NAFF idea.

I was a big fan of the like/dislike. I think if we had left in place for six months then people would have seen it as a positive thing. I say bring back the rep.

But I do vaguely the Bozza idea. May be more complex to manage from a moderator point of view than the rep though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here