Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Use of the word "******"

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Niggers

Personaly im not that keen.

But what do you think about the use of the word "******"??

I think it gets used a little too often no and kind of devalues the word.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
I don't think its considered anywhere near as offensive as it was 20 or so years ago, probably because black people call each other it. Still not one I'd use in conversation though!

rogue

Banned
Aug 26, 2005
In a police cell
What do you think about the word Paddy or being called a follower of the IRA?

Last edited:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Well, it seems to be acceptable if a black uses it to address another black but not if used by a white. I would put it in this day and age worse than the 'C' word by far though.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
bhaexpress said:
Well, it seems to be acceptable if a black uses it to address another black but not if used by a white. I would put it in this day and age worse than the 'C' word by far though.

I guess I can see what you mean, if I called a black person a ****** he/she would probably be far more offended than if I'd called them a c**t. Yet if a black person calls another black person a ****** it's considered ok, whereas calling them a c**t is still highly offensive. And that in itself raises a different question - would the black person be discriminating by finding something said by a white person offensive, but not if it were said by a black person?

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Wonder how long this thread will last before the mods delete it...

rogue

Banned
Aug 26, 2005
In a police cell
On a more serious note i would like to go to Ireland next year for a break.I'm torn between Belfast and Dublin.I'll be going with my chick and i've always wanted to go.What do you recommend and which place has more history?

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Dublin has more history intact but some of Belfasts is more interesting (Titanic stuff, etc), nightlife is pretty similar - and they're both about as dangerous for tourists...

Belfast would probably be cheaper, mind. However, if you're going to tour around, petrol is excruiatingly expensive in Northern Ireland compared to down here.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
rogue said:
On a more serious note i would like to go to Ireland next year for a break.I'm torn between Belfast and Dublin.I'll be going with my chick and i've always wanted to go.What do you recommend and which place has more history?

Ive never been to The Republic of Ireland.But Northern Ireland has some amazing sights.The country is FULL of history,and the coast of North Antrim is spectacular.Giants Causeway,Portrush etc etc.

Alot of people love Dublin,but ive heard its getting stupidly expensive.

Anyway.........back to the topic...........:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
samparish said:
I don't think its considered anywhere near as offensive as it was 20 or so years ago, probably because black people call each other it. Still not one I'd use in conversation though!

you must be joking. its in an episode of fawlty towers. there's no way you'd get away with using it on the bbc now.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Right if Watford O had started this thread all hell would break loose! If this thread is still around tomorow I will :flameboun all day untill it's deleted:dunce:

Last edited:

rogue

Banned
Aug 26, 2005
In a police cell
A couple of people told me to stay away from Cork.They are all Roy Keens there(not friendly)

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Tesco in Disguise said:
you must be joking. its in an episode of fawlty towers. there's no way you'd get away with using it on the bbc now.

Youre right, I think I read a while back that from then on whenever that classic episode of Fawlty Towers is shown that particular bit about niggers will be edited out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here