Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Us veggies are the cleverest !!!

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Trufflehound said:
Isn't B12 the only vitamin that only appears in animal products, and that vegans have to take supplements for?

A well rounded standard veggie diet including dairy produce should tick all the boxes.

Although iron in vegetables is harder to absorb than from meats apparently, so some people need iron supplements.

But then what do I know? I'm not a veggie...

One of the best sources of B12 is in eggs and we ALL know egg sangers are the greatest :)

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
readingstockport said:
B12 is also produced by spiraulina (sp) which is seaweed. There is nothing that you can not get in a vegetarian diet from a vegetable source. If your sister is ill tede it's more to do with her and not her diet I assure you.

The point I was trying to make though, is that she doesn't eat enough vege's and things to get those B12's or whatever she needs....She doesn't eat legumes, or seaweed but loads of bread, and couscus and sometimes salad....I just don't think she's getting the right things, if you get my point? She needs to eat loads more berries, legumes, broccoli (which she hates) etc....

Robdinho

Jul 26, 2004
Twenty years after the IQ tests were carried out in 1970, 366 of the participants said they were vegetarian
Correct me if I'm wrong, but twenty years after 1970 is 1990 isn't it? Which is 16 years ago. Why is this being reported now?

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Yeah, you veggies are so clever that you have to pretend that you're eating meat products.

If you're so against meat why do you have to have vegetarian versions of sausages, burgers and bacon? Because you miss it thats why.

Last edited:

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
British Bulldog said:
You cant they dont like meat! Incidently do vegetarians indulge in oral sex?
only if they eat cheese

or fish

Tight shorts

Dec 29, 2004
Sussex
Tesco in Disguise said:
right, so no moral high ground here.

considerate, but showing you have no opposition to the cooking (and so presumed buying and therefore killing) of meat.

so you're indoctrinated.

you're a rubbish veggie and have no right to rant at all. all you've done here is given us your food taste.

real veggies do it because they do not want to contribute to the processed slaughter of innocent animals, and for that i give them respect.

please no more words from you, tight shorts.

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

TID, you're right on 2 counts, can't see how I'm indoctrinated though???

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
Curious Orange said:
Since when has being in the possession of a central nervous system been one of the qualifiers for being alive?

not the point, and you know it. if an organism has a central nervous system, it responds to stimuli and so feels pain.

you can't murder a carrot.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Tesco in Disguise said:
not the point, and you know it. if an organism has a central nervous system, it responds to stimuli and so feels pain.

do fish have central nervous systems I wonder? I would think they do don't they?

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Tesco in Disguise said:

Well, actually it is the point, seeing as how you implied that a carrot wasn't actually a form of life.

You are of course right that you can't murder a carrot (certainly it isn't illegal the last time I heard, but then again you can't murder a cow either, although you can be had up for mistreating one - which is fair enough). You are, however, wrong to suggest that plants don't respond to stimuli, they do, though we make the assumption that that response isn't pain as we perceive it.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
tedebear said:
do fish have central nervous systems I wonder? I would think they do don't they?

It would depend if they are made of carrots or not.

chip

Jul 7, 2003
Glorious Goodwood
Franks Wild Years said:
Chip, you seem to be well versed in medical matters, I've noticed this on other posts, what is it you do out there in Goodwood ?

Do you want the long or short answer?

larus

tedebear said:
I'm not sure to be honest, surely fish provides essential oils also? - I guess all I know is she's veggie and I'm not, she's always sick and I'm not, so it's always been our thinking that she's missing something in her diet...

The problem with essential oils from Cod Liver Oil is the level of pollutants now.

I take Udo's essential oils (for omega 3, 6 & 9) which is made from organic seeds. It has been proven to be much purer than fish oils.

As for the balance of vitamins/minerals in a vegetarian diet, you can get all of these apart from B12 in nuts, salads, seeds, veg & friut.

I will admit that there are certain things you get from beef/chicken that a vegetarian won't get; that's all of the hormones that are pumped into them to make them grow fast and to try to eliminate all of the disease which they pick up from the unnatual way that they are reared.

The food chain is seriously damaged due to pesticides, hormones, farming techniques etc.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
British Bulldog said:

And do you know the worst thing about that?
It turned out he didn't real have a bee sting there, and nor was he my real Uncle. I don't know what happened to him now, although I do remember his house burnt down.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
British Bulldog said:
You cant they dont like meat! Incidently do vegetarians indulge in oral sex?

We don't EAT meat.

Blimey, your version of oral sex is perhaps a bit extreme.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
larus said:
The problem with essential oils from Cod Liver Oil is the level of pollutants now.

I take Udo's essential oils (for omega 3, 6 & 9) which is made from organic seeds. It has been proven to be much purer than fish oils.

As for the balance of vitamins/minerals in a vegetarian diet, you can get all of these apart from B12 in nuts, salads, seeds, veg & friut.

I will admit that there are certain things you get from beef/chicken that a vegetarian won't get; that's all of the hormones that are pumped into them to make them grow fast and to try to eliminate all of the disease which they pick up from the unnatual way that they are reared.

The food chain is seriously damaged due to pesticides, hormones, farming techniques etc.

But that just makes those medium steaks so much more tender and juicy.

Mmmmmmmm. Hormones.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here