Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Us veggies are the cleverest !!!

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Trufflehound said:
Isn't B12 the only vitamin that only appears in animal products, and that vegans have to take supplements for?

It is and although I'm not a veggie my body has for some reason stopped absorbing it. When I was told I was deficient I was quite pleased as I thought I'd just need to take supplements but you will have serious health problems if you are deficient in B12.

I now have to have regular injections

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
tedebear said:
I hope all you veggies replace the vitamins and minerals you're missing out on! I understand people being veggie but my sister is one and she's constantly sick with coughs, colds and flu's...she's always as white as a ghost and I reckon she just doesn't eat enough to give her the iron and vitamins she needs to keep her immune system healthy...

Nah, I've been veggie for 30 years and am certainly not pale nor have I noticed an increase in colds or flu (fewer if anything).

I've never taken a vitamin or mineral supplement in my life: the only one that's hard to find is B12 and that's in eggs and Marmite.

Vegans on the other hand do have it hard .....

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Gwylan said:
Nah, I've been veggie for 30 years and am certainly not pale nor have I noticed an increase in colds or flu (fewer if anything).

I've never taken a vitamin or mineral supplement in my life: the only one that's hard to find is B12 and that's in eggs and Marmite.

Vegans on the other hand do have it hard .....

Aw man - now you've confused me - I thought vegetarians didn't eat eggs? this is very perplexing as to who eats what and such...

I eat most anything including things with legs or flippers, so its not a huge concern but it would be nice to understand...

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
Curious Orange said:
It always amazes me how selective people can be about which forms of life they'll consume. I defy anyone to try and prove that a carrot is less of a living thing than a chicken.

i could be wrong, but i'm not CERTAIN that carrots have central nervous systems.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
tedebear said:
I eat most anything including things with legs or flippers...

You'd eat these guys...? :eek:

flippersix5.jpg

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
tedebear said:
Aw man - now you've confused me - I thought vegetarians didn't eat eggs? this is very perplexing as to who eats what and such...

I eat most anything including things with legs or flippers, so its not a huge concern but it would be nice to understand...

You're thinking of vegans. Vegetarians will quite happily eat a pre-fetus, just nothing that actually lived. No wonder it's confusing.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
What's "pre-foetus"? Giz and eggs?

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
Tight shorts said:

I'm entitled to my rant as:

1) I'm vegi cos I hate taste of meat/fish but have no moral problem in others eating it

right, so no moral high ground here.

Tight shorts said:

2) I cook it for everyone else.

considerate, but showing you have no opposition to the cooking (and so presumed buying and therefore killing) of meat.

Tight shorts said:

3) I've been vegi since I was 5 so didnt do it to be trendy/left wing/whatever.

so you're indoctrinated.

you're a rubbish veggie and have no right to rant at all. all you've done here is given us your food taste.

real veggies do it because they do not want to contribute to the processed slaughter of innocent animals, and for that i give them respect.

please no more words from you, tight shorts.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Man of Harveys said:
What's "pre-foetus"? Giz and eggs?

:lolol: :sick:

Something that had the potential to be life if it hadn't been whipped away by Farmer Giles I think I meant. Much like Palace fans really.

B12 is also produced by spiraulina (sp) which is seaweed. There is nothing that you can not get in a vegetarian diet from a vegetable source. If your sister is ill tede it's more to do with her and not her diet I assure you.

Last edited:

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Hmm, interesting point about veggies being so much more intelligent.

The final word on this should go to the immortal Louis Jordan, who once famously asked - " If you're so smart, how come you aint rich ?? "

:wave:

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
Guinness Boy said:
And the day you grow and dig all your own veggies, grind your own flour and eat only bread and pasta made from it and only drink booze grown in your own vineyard I will.

But thats not the point they are making though. I doubt that there are many people who would mind pulling up a carrot or grinding some flour but if you had to ask someone to slice the throat of a lamb then most people wouldnt be able to do it. Despite this people happily tuck into roast lamb on a sunday without facing up to the reality of how it ends up on their plate.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Half Time Pies said:
But thats not the point they are making though. I doubt that there are many people who would mind pulling up a carrot or grinding some flour but if you had to ask someone to slice the throat of a lamb then most people wouldnt be able to do it. Despite this people happily tuck into roast lamb on a sunday without facing up to the reality of how it ends up on their plate.

Exactly :clap:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Half Time Pies said:

Give me a lamb and a knife, will be with you shortly.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
readingstockport said:
Not sure why being rich equates to being smart or intelligent. Depends whether you are intelligent enough to see past the illusion of personal wealth and value things in life that are not purely financially based. :wave:

I take it you're not rich then? :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here