Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Us veggies are the cleverest !!!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
My bird is vegetarian and I am MUCH cleverer than her.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
It always amazes me how selective people can be about which forms of life they'll consume. I defy anyone to try and prove that a carrot is less of a living thing than a chicken.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
readingstockport said:
Well she can't be very clever can she, she wouldn't be with you if she was would she? :lolol:

A fair point.

Tight shorts

Dec 29, 2004
Sussex
Gritt23 said:
That is ridiculous, I agree, but it's the case with veggies and the rest of you.

I'm a vegetarian, and yet I'll often get asked what I do and don't eat, when it seems fairly obvious to me. I don't eat meat, therefore any animals are off the menu, I do eat dairy products, otherwise I'd have said I'm a vegan.

But for YEARS, and I mean about 10, my MUM would still offer me sausage rolls because "there really isn't much meat in them."

I'm vegi and get peed off when people say they're vegi and then out comes a list of what they eat including chicken, fish etc etc.

Then proper veggies like me get given fish and people say all innocently "I thought vegetarians eat fish"

No they Bl**dy don't

I'm entitled to my rant as:

1) I'm vegi cos I hate taste of meat/fish but have no moral problem in others eating it
2) I cook it for everyone else.
3) I've been vegi since I was 5 so didnt do it to be trendy/left wing/whatever.

I do of course agree with the intelligence thingy. I'm the evidence itself!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Tight shorts said:
I'm vegi and get peed off when people say they're vegi and then out comes a list of what they eat including chicken, fish etc etc.

Then proper veggies like me get given fish and people say all innocently "I thought vegetarians eat fish"

No they Bl**dy don't

1) I'm vegi cos I hate taste of meat/fish but have no moral problem in others eating it

Hear hear.

That could have been me typing that.

I have never really eaten meat. As a child I would occassionally eat sausage, but never liked red meat or fish. By the time I was old enough to realise what meat was I decided I didn't want any of it. I was probably about 7, and dad was sure I was only doing it to be awkward.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Tubby Mondays said:
How can you be vegetarian and eat chicken tarkas?

It was a joke, a play on words if you will

:dunce:

Tight shorts

Dec 29, 2004
Sussex
MYOB said:
You cooked it for everyone else when you were 5 ???

May be not cooked but would have given them a plastic pork chop out of my cooking set!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Gwylan said:
For example, it's well-known that vegetarians live longer than meat-eaters but is that because a veggie diet is healthier (as veggies contend) or because vegetarians are more likely to be health-conscious, drink less, smoke less etc?

I'm a veggie but drink and smoke to excess at most available opportunities.

;)

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I hope all you veggies replace the vitamins and minerals you're missing out on! I understand people being veggie but my sister is one and she's constantly sick with coughs, colds and flu's...she's always as white as a ghost and I reckon she just doesn't eat enough to give her the iron and vitamins she needs to keep her immune system healthy...

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
tedebear said:
I hope all you veggies replace the vitamins and minerals you're missing out on!

Isn't B12 the only vitamin that only appears in animal products, and that vegans have to take supplements for?

A well rounded standard veggie diet including dairy produce should tick all the boxes.

Although iron in vegetables is harder to absorb than from meats apparently, so some people need iron supplements.

But then what do I know? I'm not a veggie...

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Cheeky Monkey said:
All meat eaters should be made to kill the pig/sheep/cow themselves, skin them and cut off the portion of meat they want. Guaranteed there'd be significantly less meat eaters then.

;)

And the day you grow and dig all your own veggies, grind your own flour and eat only bread and pasta made from it and only drink booze grown in your own vineyard I will.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Guinness Boy said:
And the day you grow and dig all your own veggies, grind your own flour and eat only bread and pasta made from it and only drink booze grown in your own vineyard I will.

Until then, f*** off.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Trufflehound said:
Isn't B12 the only vitamin that only appears in animal products, and that vegans have to take supplements for?

A well rounded standard veggie diet including dairy produce should tick all the boxes.

Although iron in vegetables is harder to absorb than from meats apparently, so some people need iron supplements.

But then what do I know? I'm not a veggie...

I'm not sure to be honest, surely fish provides essential oils also? - I guess all I know is she's veggie and I'm not, she's always sick and I'm not, so it's always been our thinking that she's missing something in her diet...

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Curious Orange said:
I defy anyone to try and prove that a carrot is less of a living thing than a chicken.

Stick a fork up a carrot's backside and see if it runs away. I bet the chicken would. Unless it is a sado-masochistic chicken, of course.

Anyway, it is nice to know that vegetarians have something going for them to make up for the grotty food they have to eat. If they are so smart, why do they eat lentils?

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
Tight shorts said:

No they Bl**dy don't

calm down dear! a little bit of organic meat in your diet might calm your nerves alittle!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here