Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Up to £41 for a match day ticket at the Amex next season, too much?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The Albion have increased match day prices by £4 a ticket for the upcoming season.

This means that North and South stand tickets are £28 each (£30 if book over the internet), East stand is £34-37 (£36-38 if internet), and West Stand £32-39 (£34 to £41 (if internet).

Makes the price of a ST seem a bargain, but does seem very expensive otherwise.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I think its too much personally but time will tell. If there are empty seats for most games in the South we have our answer!

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
mean spirited post removed on reflection.

Last edited:

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Welcome to Brighton Mr "I might make some unpopular decisions" Barber

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Have they dropped the lower prices for WSU wings?
Aren't they the same price as North & South stands?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I have seen the clubs available seating plan and there are quite a few single seats in stands where people have moved. They should move people by a few seats to get blocks for sale, lot of lost revenue imo

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
After paying £24 to sit at Withdean .in the rain with no facilities and these £41 tickets are the more expensive my answer is not really .....But i did like paying £0.70 for the lack of facilities at the goldstone with or without a roof at least i could move around to keep warm back in those days .

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I can't afford to/commit to a season ticket as I will be doing a PGCE in September (unless there is a student season ticket!).

Very pricey. I dread to think what prices might end up being if we ever get promoted. Prices are gradually putting me off football. £41 would account for almost one fifth of my weekly earnings in my current job and that is not minimum wage.

I'm no longer comfortable (and that has been the case for a while) with forking out such large prices and footballers earning such large amounts. As an example, how much did CMS take home last year? Maybe £500k before tax (or more). He is a run of the mill footballer and he is earning triple stupid amounts to kick a ball about. I think my love affair with the game is coming to an end.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Market rate, perhaps the OP is slightly out of touch with the south and the fact people can easily afford this and those that don't want to give way to a waiting list of people who can.

Basically my good friend El Pres there is plenty of leisure money here

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
It is not the going rate, what nonsense. I think only two teams in the Championship charge that sort of money. It is however supply and demand and we will soon see if the market will bear those prices.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
To those who can't afford a season ticket, those prices look absolutely disgusting

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Seems too expensive to me, but then I am out of touch.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Market rate, perhaps the OP is slightly out of touch with the south and the fact people can easily afford this and those that don't want to give way to a waiting list of people who can.

People can easily afford £41 on a game of kickabout? Perhaps that is why we, as a nation, are up to in our eyes of debt with invisible money at our very finger tips.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
People can easily afford £41 on a game of kickabout? Perhaps that is why we, as a nation, are up to in our eyes of debt with invisible money at our very finger tips.

Sorry BOF and I can understand your situation but yes the reality is in this part of the country people are more than willing to pay that per game

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof

Has to be fishing because nobody is that stupid.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Has to be fishing because nobody is that stupid.

Sadly not, this is the reality of the North / South divide - people have a lot more spare cash in the South for leisure activities such as this

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Sorry BOF and I can understand your situation but yes the reality is in this part of the country people are more than willing to pay that per game

Well that theory is in fact untested. Like I said we will see, but I fully expect to see empty seats in the South Stand at quite a few games next season unless we are top 6.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here