Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Unofficially, Official!

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Wow, 11 pages of is he? no way!
It's like someone spilled some sugar outside an ants nest:lol:
Just wait for the boiling water or magnifying glass???

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
would make Poyet's comments about the budget look a bit lame..Perhaps the money just wasn't available for Poyet to spunk away.

Or Bloom did not trust Poyet with that kind of money and anyway why should he if he has been hinting he wants to manage a bigger club and wanted out as soon as he could.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
Make that 11 pages :)
1- This is nonsense.
2-He wouldn't come to us anyway.
3-We haven't got the budget.
4-Even if there is minuscule chance of it happening, no thanks the guy's dealings within other clubs have been "iffy" to put it mildly.
5-And even after all that and he did join and get us in the top 2, knowing his track record. he would probably jump ship by Christmas when a prem team with a large budget came calling.

And while we are all going around in circles with the management situation, on the Redknapp rumour, I'll refer back to my number 1 above.
This is nonsense

I see a picture of Rosie appearing on the match day threads next season....... RunninDogSmiley.gif

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
If you think Gus isn't happy with the budget, just wait till you see Harry with our resources. I doubt he's ever seen numbers that small.

'arry will think TB's giving him the deposit!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Season 08/09

Vedran Corluka £8,500,000
Heurelho Gomes £10,000,000
Robbie Keane £12,000,000
Cesar Sanchez Undisclosed
Jermain Defoe £15,000,000
Wilson Palacios £12,000,000
Carlo Cudicini Free
Pascal Chimbonda Signed
Roman Pavlyuchenko £14,000,000
David Bentley £15,000,000
John Bostock £700,000

Ouch.

You say ouch, but the fact is Gomes, Defoe, Palacios, Pavlyuchenko were decent buys and helps Spurs to a level above the Villas, Evertons and Liverpools year in, year out. But for City being taken over by a sheikh they'd have a Champions League place locked up.

Corluka was OK and was part of the Croatian set that enabled Modric to settle and produce his best football. The Keane buy-back was a mistake but, overall, an £8million profit. The only disaster there was David bentley, one of the worst big money signings ever.

Aston Villa spent a similar amount of money trying to break into the Top 5 and that went completely tits up.

NorthStandN1A

Aug 1, 2011
Hove
Make that 11 pages :)
1- This is nonsense.
2-He wouldn't come to us anyway.
3-We haven't got the budget.
4-Even if there is minuscule chance of it happening, no thanks the guy's dealings within other clubs have been "iffy" to put it mildly.
5-And even after all that and he did join and get us in the top 2, knowing his track record. he would probably jump ship by Christmas when a prem team with a large budget came calling.

And while we are all going around in circles with the management situation, on the Redknapp rumour, I'll refer back to my number 1 above.
This is nonsense

I take it you are against the idea

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
You say ouch, but the fact is Gomes, Defoe, Palacios, Pavlyuchenko were decent buys and helps Spurs to a level above the Villas, Evertons and Liverpools year in, year out. But for City being taken over by a sheikh they'd have a Champions League place locked up.

I'll let you have Defoe, Gomes (when he wasn't dropping a clanger) and even Palacios who was solid enough, but Pavlyuchenko? He did sod all for Spurs

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Those attacking 'arry's style of play display extreme stupidity. Entertainment would be provided in spades, and none of the over-defensive negative bunkum Gus' team often exhibited. Yes from me.

wardy wonder land

Dec 10, 2007
This could work......

H redknapp as ship-steadier & mentor
J redknapp as coach / manager in waiting
Calde as team link man
L redknapp as 1901 fluffer

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here