Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Unofficially, Official!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I tipped Rednapp when this all kicked off. Only one reason, he is Barbers mate and what Barber says goes.

That said I like Harry and would be happy enough with him if Gus goes.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
I tipped Rednapp when this all kicked off. Only one reason, he is Barbers mate and what Barber says goes.

That said I like Harry and would be happy enough with him if Gus goes.

Is he now? Very interesting! So this could have some legs?

I, like you, would be happy with Harry. He could bring the experience to the set-up that is needed. Just so long as someone keeps a close eye on the money.

Good to see you post something more positive (or at least not negative) about Barber as well.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
I'll take over the baton next season and lead us to glory under the ARRY regime

You have my blessing T :)
As for Redknapp, I know you're a fan but I've never liked or trusted the bloke. Wherever he's gone there's been an ALLEGED whiff of something very unsavoury and his post match comments are usually choc full of "not my fault gov" excuses. Also my father in law who is a west aaaaam fan has friends who used to work at upton park under Arry and he told me a story about one of the main reasons why he was outed at west ham ( at the risk of shutting this site down again, said story will remain with me)
I know he can do some good stuff but if we have to have a big name here if Gus goes I'd much prefer Di matteo

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Oh god please no! He only wins when he massively overspends, and then with same expensive, overpaid and overpriced squad, starts to loose....... everywhere!

Rather have bloody Ferguson or my aunt Sheila than that idiot :(

Can we get some news soon to stop this kind of thing

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

And Ramos and Poyet were sacked from Spurs to make way for Redknapp, who Barber was very influential (according to Wiki) in bringing to the club. Coincidence?

I know Bloom is his boss, but I wonder how much free reign he has given Mr Barber?

If this does happen, it will indeed confirm that Brighton and Hove Albion FC is now in effect Paul Barber FC - we will have got rid of the best manager this club's had for years - and someone who could have created a real legacy - for old splash-the-money pug-face.

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
No chance. He's never done anything anywhere without the odds stacked in his favour.

Ummm I beg to differ, What about the mess he had to clean up after Ramos and Poyet got the boot at spurs.
The team were 2 points off the bottom of the premier league about 10 or so matches in. Were the odds stacked in his favour!...

Especially as he took those very same players up to a place in Europe in that same season, Why couldn't of Gus and Ramos done it..

Because he has MAN management skills, Something that Gus lacks, According to a certain Vicente..

£1.99

Mar 3, 2008
And Ramos and Poyet were sacked from Spurs to make way for Redknapp, who Barber was very influential (according to Wiki) in bringing to the club. Coincidence?

I know Bloom is his boss, but I wonder how much free reign he has given Mr Barber?

If this does happen, it will indeed confirm that Brighton and Hove Albion FC is now in effect Paul Barber FC - we will have got rid of the best manager this club's had for years - and someone who could have created a real legacy - for old splash-the-money pug-face.

This is how it feels with me.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Oh good. Someone else within the club with a criminal trial under their belt.
And he's a cock.

Filed in the "Yeah, right" column.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here