Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Unofficially, Official!

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I've heard, from a very reliable source, that people often post rumours on internet fan sites which turn out to be unfounded.

I've good reason to take my source seriously, because he's been a member of several fan sites for many years, and occasionally plays golf with someone who's a moderator of such a site, who confirmed that this is true.

Don't care if you don't believe me though.

This sounds vaguely plausible. I am inclined to believe it.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
This is an absurd rumour, has anyone provided the reasoning behing Harry wanting to swap QPR where he has a plethora of top top players for us at the present time?

It doesn't make sense and the fact that this threadt has got to 9 pages tells you this place is best avoided at the moment.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have always wanted Gus and TB to make up and him continue but if that relationship is now beyond repair I would be happy with Arry provided TB and PB can control the purse strings. His contacts for loan players alone would probably get us promoted. Everywhere he goes he chases Crouch and Defoe and Spurs are after David Villa plus another striker so anything is possible. We could get Jenas. Townsend and hopefully Tom Carroll.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
A long time local bookmaker, and former associate of Tony Bloom, has texted me to say Redknapp is now odds on with some betting markets. (Sorry if fixtures but cant trawl through 9 pages as Im at work)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The manegerial skill that saw him take spurs from bottom of the league to champions league within 2 years. God hes shit

By that logic, you must think Gus is AMAZING, having managed a MUCH bigger turnaround on a MUCH lower equivalent budget.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
As @Simster said, we are literally going in circles.

Harry has only ever succeeded on massive budgets. He has also failed numerous times, on massive budgets. He's not a realistic option for us. Thank goodness.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
A long time local bookmaker, and former associate of Tony Bloom, has texted me to say Redknapp is now odds on with some betting markets. (Sorry if fixtures but cant trawl through 9 pages as Im at work)

He is. But Poyet was 1/10 to go to Reading at one point. As @Bozza pointed out it's a tiny market so only takes one hefty punt to skew the market.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
This clearly won't happen, but I'd love this to be true.

firstly because of the hand-wringing thats already started by the usual suspects who properly hate Redknapp for no obvious reason

second because I like his style of football

and third because it considerably ups the odds of BZ coming back.

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
This thing about him spending £150m isn't true. Look at this site - http://www.transferleague.co.uk/premiership-transfers/tottenham-hotspur-transfers.html

In the four seasons he was Spurs manager, they spent £145.2m on players. However, firstly, this includes the first season where some of the signings were made by Ramos before Redknapp arrived. That summer they bought Pavlyuchenko (£14m), Bentley (£15m), Corluka (£8.5m), Gomes (£10m) all under Ramos, so straight away you can take roughly £50m off Redknapp's total. That means Redknapp actually spent in the region of £95m-£100m in the time he was at the club. Secondly, he sold about £70m worth of players.

So a £25m net spend over four years to deliver 4th and 5th place finishes in the EPL? That doesn't sound too bad to me.

99% of the time I think you talk complete shit and have no time for your comments.

This is one of those 1% comments.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
He is. But Poyet was 1/10 to go to Reading at one point. As @Bozza pointed out it's a tiny market so only takes one hefty punt to skew the market.

'arry went around 1.02 on Betfair for the Newcastle job before turning it down many moons past.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here