Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Bride of Chucky.
boc_02.jpg

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Bride of Chucky.
boc_02.jpg

I used to have such a crush on that massive titted, husky voiced sexpot (Meg Tilly?, plays the pictured Ladyhuman). In fact every now and again when my mind recalls her sultry sluttiness I reach far back into my mind drawer for my dusty account book and pay a visit to the wank bank and make a cheeky Tilly withdrawel. Good girl.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I used to have such a crush on that massive titted, husky voiced sexpot (Meg Tilly?, plays the pictured Ladyhuman). In fact every now and again when my mind recalls her sultry sluttiness I reach far back into my mind drawer for my dusty account book and pay a visit to the wank bank and make a cheeky Tilly withdrawel. Good girl.

Is Bound in that drawer too. Along with her or one of the Tillys in Psycho 2 or 3?
I suppose she was always attractive in her boobalicious, but voice-of-a-7-year-old-filled-with-darkness way.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Apologies, jennifer Tilly. Her eis my homage to her:

jennifer_tilly.jpg

jennifer-tilly-poker.jpg

JenniferTilly_01.jpg

Now there is a real woman with curves in the right places as oppose to the aforementioned Meg Tilly (ex-actress) below. Yuck!

0123_meg_tilly_memba_reveal.jpg

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Am I the only person in Europe who fondly remembers John Landis's first movie, Schlock? It's not been on video in 30 years and as far as I know has never been on TV or available on Region 2 DVD.

An ultra-low budget mock horror pisstake with a neanderthal "Schlockthorpus" (John Landis in a monkey suit) stalking a small American town and causing mayhem. At college in the 80s we used to rent this from the video store every week and with a few beers inside you it's priceless - 'stupid funny' in the same vein as Police Squad/Naked Gun (which it predates).

The trailer:

[yt]_eLBQLUyfhg[/yt]

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea

Great choice. Here's mine:

The Night of the Hunter (1955)

A tour de force from Mitchum and Charles Laughton's only Directorial outing methinks

[yt]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/e5AKK_om1VU&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/e5AKK_om1VU&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/yt]

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
Having been reminded by the soundtrack thread, I nominate:

Michael Winterbottom's Wonderland - think Mike Leigh-style kitchen sink drama told with visual poetry and the best movie score of the last 20 years.

And either of Terrence Malick's first two films: Badlands and Days of Heaven - each one a masterclass in how to do cinematography properly.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Nibble. I have brought Dan in real life today for 5 English pounds so it better be f***ing good. A review will follow in due course.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
You was robbed US. Mine cost £3. I hope you enjoy it chap.

Wienergull

Geht in Ordnung
Jul 10, 2003
Berlin Mitte
David Mamet had a good run of films in the late '80s/early 90's starring Joe Mantegna and featuring a whole host of excellent character actors such as J T Walsh: House of Games, Things Change (a gentle Mafia comedy with a lovely performance from Don Ameche as an ageing shoeshine boy) and Homicide.

Billy Wilder's Double Indemnity starring Fred MacMurray, Barbara Stanwyck and Edward G. Robinson is a noir classic rarely shown nowadays.

A favourite French film of mine is Tavernier's Clean Slate (Coup de Torchon) starring the incomparable Philippe Noiret, a young(ish) and wonderfully sluttish Isabelle Huppert and Stephane Audran. It is based on Jim Thompson's pulp thriller, with the action transposed from the deep South of the US to French colonial West Africa.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
David Mamet had a good run of films in the late '80s/early 90's starring Joe Mantegna and featuring a whole host of excellent character actors such as J T Walsh: House of Games, Things Change (a gentle Mafia comedy with a lovely performance from Don Ameche as an ageing shoeshine boy) and Homicide.

I'll second that list, and add The Spanish Prisoner to it.

I've always admired the way Mamet (who is also, lest we forget, one of America's top playwrights) can have actors repeat each other endlessly in conversation, but unlike Gregg Wallace repeating John Torode in Masterchef it sounds good instead of stupid.

"Did you kill my brother?"
"Are you asking, did I kill your brother?"
"Yes I'm asking you, did you kill my brother?"
"No I did not kill your brother."

etc

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Mamet is a great playwright, director and screenwriter. Lest us forget he wrote Glengarry Glennross, one of the finest plays/films made. Alec Baldwin's Always Be Closing speech is watchable again and again: "What's your name"? "f*** You. That's my name"!

He has written some great books too. True and False, a book about acting for actors and directors is, in my opinion one of the best books written about acting. Another, Bambi Vs Godzilla, about the Hollywood film machine is a revelation and a great read.

Even his more mainstream films such as The Edge with Anthony Hopkins and Alec Baldwin are great. Yes, we like Mamet. We like him a lot.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
Mamet is a great playwright, director and screenwriter. Lest us forget he wrote Glengarry Glennross, one of the finest plays/films made. Alec Baldwin's Always Be Closing speech is watchable again and again: "What's your name"? "f*** You. That's my name"!

He has written some great books too. True and False, a book about acting for actors and directors is, in my opinion one of the best books written about acting. Another, Bambi Vs Godzilla, about the Hollywood film machine is a revelation and a great read.

Even his more mainstream films such as The Edge with Anthony Hopkins and Alec Baldwin are great. Yes, we like Mamet. We like him a lot.

And he wrote the screenplay to The Untouchables, one of my absolute all-time favourites.

Oh, and I've just remembered State & Main, another Mamet classic, featuring one of my favourite exchanges (between Rebecca Pidgeon - Mrs Mamet - and Philip Symour Hoffman):

"Do you like kids?"
"I never saw the point."

Last edited:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
And he wrote the screenplay to The Untouchables, one of my absolute all-time favourites.

Ah, yes. Indeed he did. He has done a lot more than people realise. I believe he wrote a cracking TV series called The Unit as well, about soldiers in Iraq?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here