Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Under rated and forgotten films.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Heaven, directed by Diane Keaton iirc, and is basically lots of people giving their opinions and feelings about the afterlife intercut with bits and pieces of old films and also a class Dream Academy song. Quite interesting even if you're not religous, used to be available (split into chunks) on YouTune, and may very well still be.

And The Return of Captain Invincible for Christopher Lee singing :)

And also After Hours (if that counts as underated) especially the ice cream truck bit :)

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007

Attachments

• falling down.jpg
    falling down.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 129

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If I try to explain it'll sound stupid, which it is far from being. Just watch it, you'll enjoy it.
Fair point, when I saw the comment I instantly thought 'it's a brilliant film I really enjoyed'. Only when I went to write about it I realised I couldn't, hence just the Haiti comment.
I really must watch it again, soon.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I enjoyed the films on BBC1 or ITV starting at about 11.45 when i was growing up and cared little for sleeping or getting tired over a day's unhard graft. Unemployment would have me watching such things again. That's when you end up seeing classics like Salem's Lot, or the mildly dark and monsoonish serial killer investigation The Mean Season starring Kurt Russell, or Judd Hirsch, chief mainstay of Taxi and the American version Dear John, as a pair of twin brothers, one of the murderous, in Brotherly Love; or Mike Farrell from Mash and Margot Kidder, sometime mentalist, in the missing bride thriller Vanishing Act co-starring Elliott Gould before he went Friendsy and charmless.
All these films are not necessarily under-rated, but filled my latenights with pointless thrills and therefore are worthy of repeat.

Brighton M

Banned
Sep 22, 2006
Lancing
starwars3poster.jpg

Wrongly talked about alongside the dreadful episode 1 and 2, revenge of the sith is the only of the new films that gets anywhere near the original trilogy, tying up every loose end possible.

anakin transforming into darth vader is done brilliantly.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
i really enjoyed the aussie film 'the castle' and requiem for a dream. Recently rediscovered the rachel papers with dexter fletcher too. i think its safe to say i have a weird taste in films.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Uncle's Hand Shandy was always a personal fave. Dodgy blue movie starring our very own Uncle Spielberg shown after 11:45 on BBC2 in the early 80s, and as Meades Ball says, usually sandwiched between Salem's Lot and Capricorn One.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here