Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Under rated and forgotten films.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I've seen stir of echos. Decent film.

I'd like to offer up Mr Brooks. Kevin Costner as a serial killer and family man, William Hurt as his alter ego. Very good.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ghost Dog is great.
The set up with Dog and the guy from Haiti is great.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
True Romance
East is East
Jackie Brown
The Truman Show 8.3
Leon
Catch me if you can

Decent films but not exactly under rated or forgotten.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Wonderful score in the Truman Show from Philip Glass.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
US, we don't always see eye to eye on the film front but may I recommend:

Tonight on Film 4 - The Libertine starring Johnny Depp as an eighteenth century, mysoginistic, syphilitic, alcoholic, dandy who will bed anything that will keep still for 30 seconds. Best opening line to a film in ages and very , very good film all round. Tonight at 10.45 I believe.

Brotherhood of The Wolf (It's French but really don't let that put you off) For a good old fashioned sinister creature on the loose story youcan't beat it mate, honestly. Great fight scenes also.

One Film I really think you would love and not being sarcy is Dan In Real Life. A poigniant drama/comedy starring Steve Carrol about a man whose wife has died and he is left to raise his 3 daughters that he cannot really relate to. It plays out over a weekend on a once a year family reunion. There's more to it than that but I really think you'd like it and would be interested to hear what you think of it. Sad but very, very funny in parts.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
mysoginistic, syphilitic, alcoholic, dandy who will bed anything

Isn't that what you said about me the other day :lolol:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
mysoginistic, syphilitic, alcoholic, dandy who will bed anything

Isn't that what you said about me the other day :lolol:

:lolol: Yes, well not my finest hour I'll grant you but 3 films I think you will enjoy for one reason or anther, esp Dan In Real Life.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
:thumbsup:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Is Dan in real life similar to The Truman Show like Ed TV ?.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The Weather Man 7.7 is a decent watch for something a bit different. Also the Woodsman 7.6 with Kevin Bacon as a paedo is well done and poignant. A brave role for Bacon to take on.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Is Dan in real life similar to The Truman Show like Ed TV ?.

No. Here is the synopsis without spoilers:

A widower and father of three who also writes a parenting advice column for his local newspaper falls for the girlfriend of his younger brother during a family vacation in director Peter Hedges' offbeat love-triangle laugher. Steve Carell stars as the writer who finds his widely known convictions put to the ultimate test, with Dane Cook and Juliette Binoche respectively assuming the roles of the younger sibling and his radiant girlfriend. - Jason Buchanan, All Movie Guide.

Did you ever watch the 90's TV series Northern Exposure? I think you would really like that too. One of my favourite series of all time.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Happiness is a bit controversial but brilliant.

I really like Pieces of April, a youngish Katie Holmes turning in a great performance in a droll comedy that could have been filmed on a handycam.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
The Commitments. One of my all-time favs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here