Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Uncle Spielberg's Film Club

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
My post about Borat was in response to Les Biens thread. I was trying to be funny.

I like to think I succeeded.
xx

I wouldn't get to carried away ChapmansThe Saviour.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Uncle Spielberg said:
Dave the Gaffer agreed The Da Vinci Code was good, I guess it must be something someone over 18's or with a mental age over 18 might enjoy.
...does not compute...this is illogical captain...daftest post EVER?

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Uncle Spielberg said:
How Ironic, taking the piss and then in the next post saying anyone seen Borat, the most pathetic and immature film ever made, Jackass 2 should be right down your street I reckon

I enjoyed Borat as a piece of sharply observed political satire.

But I certainly didn't find it laugh-out-loud hilarious, as many people seem to. All the funny bits were in the trailer (a common complaint).

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Uncle Buck said:
Which bit of the cycle?
Rock bottom, I'd say. Give it five minutes.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
If you are referring to depression that I can suffer from and added to the depresssion thread , how utterly hilarious, if you did have bi polar you would be rolling around the sitting room laughing at the hilarity of the condition, the more and more you post I really am coming to the conclusion you are a nasty piece of work, spiteful and a pretty shitty person

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Yes, of COURSE that's what was meant...:shootself

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Uncle Buck - he has absolutely nothing nice to say about anyone ever

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Saw Land of the Dead last night. It didnt get great reviews but I actually enjoyed it, you cant beat a bit of Zombie action imo.

Uncle Spielberg said:
Uncle Buck - he has absolutely nothing nice to say about anyone ever

I thought it was quite funny. John Candy came across as very friendly to me. This is a film review thread right..?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
with another weekend of mild wet and windy southwesterlies me and the othe half spent a weekend of relaxing and film watching.

Crank 6.4 - Statham plays his usual hard man role in a brutal film about a guy who has 1 hour to live and he has to keep his adrenalin up in order not to die, plenty of action, will not be winning any oscars but an entertaining watch

You, me and Dupree - 6.0 - lighweight comedy which seemed to be liked in the house with the likeable Owen Wilson and a rejuvinated Matt Dillon and a sexy Kate Hudson, film equivalent of naval fluff

RV 7.1 - much better than expected, had poor reviews but I like Robin Williams and am easily pleased to the many toliet gags when down well with me

The Lake House 5.9 - an interesting story but very plodding, got better for the last 20 minutes and a feel good girly film, could have been better though

Watcha seen recently ???

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Lower City - A Brazilian film of the City of Gods type genre. Old plot, but some fantastic young actors. Bit of an unusual ending, but enjoyable nonetheless. Perhaps, too easy to please. 8.1

The Hulk - Never seen this before. Reasonably entertaining, helped by the fact that I am wildly in love with Jennifer Connelly :love: . 7.4

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
BoF - I thought Hulk was pretty good from what I saw 7.4

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Uncle Spielberg said:
BoF - I thought Hulk was pretty good from what I saw 7.4

I would agree, but not in the 8 or above bracket. I would find any recycled film difficult to score highly. Knowing the basic plot for The Hulk meant that there were not many surrpises and didn't have me on the edge of my seat.

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
Saw Night at the museum yesterday.
Nothing too original or revolutionary as to be expected but it was amusing for adults and laugh out loud funny for most kids.

What is starting to annoy me though is the increasingly poor standard of picture quality and sound down at the cineworld place. I dunno if they're projectionists can't focus properly or the screens need a good dusting and you're straining to hear speech but being blasted out of your seat by action.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Apocalypto. Saw it yesterday. I can see why people are whetting their pants over the cinematography and stuff but the last half hour kind of degenerates into First Blood with the forest "chase".

Therefore, in US style 7.5.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here