Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Uncle Spielberg Pulls Up Dead

Gluteus Maximus

Jul 10, 2003
Trumpton
Lokki 7 said:
This week on NSC has been the best EVER as far as I'm concerned. So many people have entertained me in so many ways but you my friend have been absolutely on FIRE. :bowdown:

My sentiments entirely... I may have a low post count but have lurked around from the very early days and this week has been ENTERTAINMENT CENTRAL. And the best of all my good chum HARVS is being accused of bullying... fantastico, I always knew there was a GRIPPER STEBSON in him. The flouncing antics this week can only enhace our image as back biting MINCERS with any rival fans that visit this site. The humour displayed in those threads was far more NSC than the throwing of knitting needles out of the armchair that some prefer to think it should be.

Man of Harveys said:
Fourthly, why the f*** am I even bothering to answer you? I might even do some work instead.

Good question *oink, oink, squeal, squeal*

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Gluteus Maximus said:
My sentiments entirely... I may have a low post count but have lurked around from the very early days and this week has been ENTERTAINMENT CENTRAL. And the best of all my good chum HARVS is being accused of bullying... fantastico, I always knew there was a GRIPPER STEBSON in him. The flouncing antics this week can only enhace our image as back biting MINCERS with any rival fans that visit this site. The humour displayed in those threads was far more NSC than the throwing of knitting needles out of the armchair that some prefer to think it should be.
I like the cut of your jib.
More posting please.

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
Franks Wild Years said:
Whats the best sort of tale to tell a horse ?
A tale of WHOA of course.
Is this the time or the place to say I've been pondering your lack of apostrophe for ages. You seem a smart sort of chap, so is it just laziness and your name relates to the Wild Years of Frank (Zappa, Sinatra, Spencer, whoever...)

Or is it a tribute to some lesser personality, unknown to the rest of us - maybe some Jewish Fella - Manny Franks or some such....

Even then, you'd still need that apostrophe somewhere... Do tell.:)

Last edited:

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Gilliver's Travels said:
Is this the time or the place to say I've been pondering your lack of apostrophe for ages. You seem a smart sort of chap, so is it just laziness and your name relates to the Wild Years of Frank (Zappa, Sinatra, Spencer, whoever...)

Just to confuse matters, there is (I've just checked the album sleeves) an inconsistency in Tom Waits' own work. Perhaps it was deliberate; perhaps the proof readers at Island Records are illiterate. But...

The 1983 song on Swordfishtrombone is called "Frank's Wild Years", with the apostrophe, but the album that followed four years later is called "Franks Wild Years" - without one.

We can only conclude that our Frank has chosen to christen himself after the album...

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
NMH said:
Weird track that, and hardly can be categorised as a 'song' really. It's like some old American hermit talking about some temperamental nutter he once knew.

Oddly, it got a fair amount of airplay, I recall.

"Never could stand that dog." :bowdown:

Probably in the top five most over-quoted in-house quotes chez Truffle Towers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here