Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Uncle Dick (Knight) is on SCR sometime this morning ...

D

Deleted User X18H

....probably talking about the commencement of the building of the Falmer Stadium. Brilliant news.......and the expected attandance of lucky fans.

But instead of a general ballot Uncle Dick would it not be more appropriate to ballot Season Ticket Holders first you could use the address list you will NO DOUBT BE USING IN EARLY MARCH!!!

Just a thought.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Trust you to turn this into a negative thing, well done.

BTW, what would be the point of ballotting all the STH, then waiting for them to come back and confirm whether they do/don't or can or cannot make it, and then draw straws? It has to be easier to ask who is interested, and can make it, then choose from them, which is exactly what they have done. Believe it or not, the people running the club do think about things before they do it.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Well that'll be one to miss then, another chance for Knight to satisfy his ego.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Should be season ticket holders only being balloted imo...and no I haven't got one.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Here we go again .....................

They should have two fans the oldest STH (I assume you have to date DOB on the application form) and the youngest Seagull Club member (the older club not the one for under tens or whatever age it is as a baby would be rubbish at digging).

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
They should just get on with building the frigging thing and FORGET about all this ceremonial shite. In fact I'm quite surprised Buckingham are putting up with it.

When the thing is 3/4 built perhaps the club could organise an open day, giving fans the opportunity to have a look round in a hardhat. Gives everyone an idea of whereabouts they'd like to sit, and perhaps they can take applications for peoples preferences there and then. At least thats something worthwhile. But I am really struggling to see the POINT of turning up en-masse just to see the "symbolic" first turn of earth at that muddy field. Its actually mildly embarrassing, ESPECIALLY as its inevitably now going to cause all the usual cock-size comparisons about who deserves to go to it and who doesn't.

Just GET ON with it.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
some people can't afford season tickets or don't live in the area so don't get one. Doesn't make them less of a fan so everyone should have a chance to be there

Have to agree to differ then. You could use the same argument for ticketing.

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
They should just get on with building the frigging thing and FORGET about all this ceremonial shite. In fact I'm quite surprised Buckingham are putting up with it.

When the thing is 3/4 built perhaps the club could organise an open day, giving fans the opportunity to have a look round in a hardhat. Gives everyone an idea of whereabouts they'd like to sit, and perhaps they can take applications for peoples preferences there and then. At least thats something worthwhile. But I am really struggling to see the POINT of turning up en-masse just to see the "symbolic" first turn of earth at that muddy field. Its actually mildly embarrassing, ESPECIALLY as its inevitably now going to cause all the usual cock-size comparisons about who deserves to go to it and who doesn't.

Just GET ON with it.

Totally agree......who cares about a a bunch of people standing around a muddy field not really knowing what there meant to be doing..............hang on, sounds abit like our team on saturday!!!!

As you say just get the bloody thing built and forget about all this shit,im quite surprised there even doing it.....spose its another chance for DK to get on meridian news and South Today!!

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home

Just GET ON with it.

ie the topping out ceremony

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
The first day of building will be a bigger anti climax than when the fixtures come out. Yes it's a big moment but for those whinging about going ..... you need your head read

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Whats with all the moaning and whinging. If you want to go, then just put your name forward. If you dont want to go, then what are you whinging about.

As for Dick Knight, he simply cant win can he. Christ, the thing is being built, surely that is something to celebrate. The doom merchants predicted that it wouldn't get this far.

We have got to be up their at the top with the number of moaners at this club.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
....probably talking about the commencement of the building of the Falmer Stadium. Brilliant news.......and the expected attandance of lucky fans.

But instead of a general ballot Uncle Dick would it not be more appropriate to ballot Season Ticket Holders first you could use the address list you will NO DOUBT BE USING IN EARLY MARCH!!!

Just a thought.

Has this actually happened yet? Anyone?

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Of course we all the bloody thing built. But after 10 years I can't say I blame the club for wanting to exploit a good news story. And in an season full of baffling uner-achievement, thats not such a bad thing. But it is extremely odd that with this just weeks away, we still don't know how the stadium is being financed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here