Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Uncle Dick (Knight) is on SCR sometime this morning ...

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
Of course we all the bloody thing built. But after 10 years I can't say I blame the club for wanting to exploit a good news story. And in an season full of baffling uner-achievement, thats not such a bad thing. But it is extremely odd that with this just weeks away, we still don't know how the stadium is being financed.

Hasnt MP said the contract with Buckinghams group will be signed any day now? Normally when a contract is signed the financial side of things is agreed....probably be stage payments at set stages of the build. There are often penalty clauses put in if payments not made on time etc The contract is legally binding so how could this be signed if the financial package is not in place and agreed by both parties??? Of course i could be totally wrong about all this.....its just how things are done in my line of work...... which isnt building 60m football stadiums!

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Hasnt MP said the contract with Buckinghams group will be signed any day now? Normally when a contract is signed the financial side of things is agreed....probably be stage payments at set stages of the build. There are often penalty clauses put in if payments not made on time etc The contract is legally binding so how could this be signed if the financial package is not in place and agreed by both parties??? Of course i could be totally wrong about all this.....its just how things are done in my line of work...... which isnt building 60m football stadiums!
Hope you're right.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
They want to worry about getting some bums back on seats so to pay back some of the huge debt they are borrowing before all this 'ceremony malarkey'

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The bums will get on the seats when people have got a decent stadium to watch football in.

I disagree, the bums will get on seats when we start entertaining the fans again for more than one game in five

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
I disagree, the bums will get on seats when we start entertaining the fans again for more than one game in five

Well yeah in the short term - I mean longer term, or once the stadium is built. Success in any shape or form is unsustainable at Withdean, and we are definately suffering from the 'bored of Withdean' factor, as well as a lack of an entertaining product.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Any chance to rub the success of the long and painful planning permission should be rubbed in Falmer Parish Councils and LDCs face IMHO - therefore this is a good thing even if it is only digging a small hole or the alike.

Can't believe that some people are actually MOANING about it :rolleyes:

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
[QUOTECan't believe that some people are actually MOANING about it :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Some people will moan about anything they possibly can to do with the Albion.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
some people can't afford season tickets or don't live in the area so don't get one. Doesn't make them less of a fan so everyone should have a chance to be there
Wrong.

Icy is right.Season tickets holders should have first priority not floating fans.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Wrong.

Icy is right.Season tickets holders should have first priority not floating fans.

Wrong.

There's no such things as "floating" fans - this isn't politics and votes - it's a life long allegance. The fairest way is for all fans to have a chance regardless of their personal or financial circumstances. It gets boring that some people seem to measure a fans "loyalty" based upon if they have a season ticket or not. Those that attend most away matches have spent more money on watching the Albion that alot of STHs ( admitedly not it doesn't get into the club coffers ).

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
f***ing Hell!

All your going to see is some guy digging a hole in some MUD!

If your all really that bothered and you miss out on a ticket because the FARCE of a club that we 'support' cant see what a great fan you are then I will let you come to my house to watch me dig a hole in my garden!

I will even have a recording of traffic noise from the A27 on a loop so it even sounds like were at the real thing!

'SAKE

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The bums will get on the seats when people have got a decent stadium to watch football in.

thats in 3 years............. the repayments come before that.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
f***ing Hell!

All your going to see is some guy digging a hole in some MUD!

If your all really that bothered and you miss out on a ticket because the FARCE of a club that we 'support' cant see what a great fan you are then I will let you come to my house to watch me dig a hole in my garden!

I will even have a recording of traffic noise from the A27 on a loop so it even sounds like were at the real thing!

'SAKE

What type of hole are you digging ? Me and a few of the lads might be interested.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
When the thing is 3/4 built perhaps the club could organise an open day, giving fans the opportunity to have a look round in a hardhat. Gives everyone an idea of whereabouts they'd like to sit, and perhaps they can take applications for peoples preferences there and then.

DK said a couple of years ago that's what they would do:thumbsup:

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
Even if we got 200 million for players and where promised by some zillianair that would be in the premiership in 4 years, playing in a new stadium it would still not be enough for some people.

I just cant believe how negative some people are. Our new home is being built, be happy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here