Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Unbelievable - Lucas advocates the use of recreational drugs

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I can read between the lines. What she is saying is I have persuaded the old bill to leave my mates alone when they are sitting on the level spliffing up.

the police dont need persuading, half them have had a toke along with half the under 40yo population, they dont want to waste their time. theres absolutly no benefit to law enforcment or wider society in pursuing and locking up or even just processing and cautioning individuals having a spliff.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Nobody has proved that. Heavy use of any substance will f*** you up, I can think of 3 people who have gone mental from smoking weed like normal people smoke fags, in the space of about 10 years. To me they're exactly the same as an alcoholic.

I just lump everyone who does too much in the same category, if the booze and fags didn't get them it would be weed, coke or smack. Just depends what they got exposed to.

I bet these guys would disagree ;-) http://drugwarfacts.org/cms/?q=node/28

But of course, you're right that it can mess you up. I'm not denying that marijuana is dangerous, but as you say that's the same as an alcoholic, so there's no reason there for it to be treated more harshly by law.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Marijuana stinks and smoking is totally unacceptable within the environment nowadays.

a) So you're 1) happy for it to be decriminalised in other forms, like being eaten? And 2) You'd criminalise all smoking?

Good old alchohol drinking is practised within the bastions of Gentlemen’s Clubs and middle class barbeques.

If a gentleman wants a drug legalised it should be?

But can still be enjoyed in moderation by decent and responsible adults.

Please provide some evidence that marijuana can't.

With the greatest possible respect (which I guess isn't much), you're pathetic. Look at the evidence, rather than putting your fingers in your ears and shouting "blah blah blah not listening"

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
alcohol is legal, not organised by criminal gangs, taxed highly to raise revenue, and there is quite a lot of treatment available from the NHS........ yet there is a massive problem in this country with booze, one which is spiralling out of control imo........ so why do people think that legalising certain drugs will make the drug problem any better? it hasn't worked with alcohol has it!
i think it may be worth a go but i'm certainly not convinced that the average person nowadays could handle legalised drugs any better than they handle legalised alcohol.
only need to wander around the streets of london road, in the day (as i did today), to think yeah, aren't booze and drugs greaaaaattt!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Marijuana stinks and smoking is totally unacceptable within the environment nowadays. Good old alchohol drinking is practised within the bastions of Gentlemen’s Clubs and middle class barbeques. But can still be enjoyed in moderation by decent and responsible adults.
So, now let me get this right. No decent people can become alcoholics?

Norman Cook?
Brian Clough?
Stephen King?

BrightonGuy

Jun 3, 2011
Brighton
If all of the country's laws are exactly right the way the are, we have no need for a government. As said above, it's her job to raise this and all mps should be debating these things all the time. Especially those issues where their own advisors are certain that the status quo is wrong or inadequate.

Well there's the real question
Is there a need for government?
And by government I don't mean scrap laws and all of that but I do think the way the country is run does need to change. Anyone else agree.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I'm getting sick to the back teeth with the Torys taking everything said by Lucas out of context and reusing it to say she has encouraged it/is the cause of it. f***ing hell. The Arugs isn't helping, what a rag.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here