Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Unbelievable - Lucas advocates the use of recreational drugs

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
I do differ here as using drugs within moderation is fine provided soft drugs however the trouble is the youth can normally not define moderation.

I don't see how that's an argument that any (currently illegal) soft drugs should be treated differently to alcohol. In fact I don't see any real evidence-based reason why marijuana, for example, should be treated differently to alcohol.

Legalise it, regulate it and tax it. You'll a) raise tax income, b) save lives by ensuring the marijuana being used is regulated and hence not full of dodgy impurities (that do most of the physical harm) and c) not criminalise a significant number of people. For me, it's simple...

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
This times two. It is abundantly clear to anyone with half a brain that the current system does not work. Drugs if legalised will be regulated so they are as safe as they can be, plus they will rake in millions of pounds in tax.

Apologies - didn't spot that you've already said what I was trying to say...

Sep 1, 2010
Who are a) in a tiny minority and b)can't be treated due to the illegality of what they do.

I am not even of the opinion of 'treating' them TBH. The minority are a bloody nightmare though if you have to deal with them day in day out. I do agree of most of what your saying on the recreational side of things i guess being totally honest but in some cases the law is far too soft as far as i am concerned. It is however a complicated issue.

D

Deleted User X18H

Not for the first time she is acting in a wholly irresponsible manner.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
So how have things worked out in Switzerland and Portugal with there soft approach to drugs.

An increase in numbers seeking treatment, in the knowledge they won't be criminalised, a drop in HIV infection, and a drop in drug related deaths. So... pretty well, actually.

D

Deleted User X18H

All these responses disagreeing with you, and that's it? Not going to attempt to debate any of the points made head on?

De criminalising the so called soft drugs such as cannabis amphets etc etc, will make the short path to herion or cocaine easier to follow for the vunerable or those with addictive personalities

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
De criminalising the so called soft drugs such as cannabis amphets etc etc, will make the short path to herion or cocaine easier to follow for the vunerable or those with addictive personalities

Then criminalise alcohol. It's more addictive AND more dangerous than marijuana.

Or are you a hypocrite?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

That is the problem I have with this, I used to smoke dope a lot when younger and it was no big issue as did most of my friends however random drug testing was introduced to the Railways when a driver drove a train through the buffer at Cannon Street (I think). I made an instant decision that keeping my job was more important than a joint or two and being dismissed so I suppose you could argue the decision was actually forced on me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here