Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ultra's

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011
This is another nail in English footballs coffin IMO.

Whats the point in imitating something that is shit in the first place.

I dont get it, can someone fill me in on why/how this has crept into our football club?

Be nice to know the reasons for why.

Regards

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Singing and colour at football whatever next?

If you don't like it, don't do it.

ffs how many of these threads/posts are there going to be?

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011
Singing and colour at football whatever next?

If you don't like it, don't do it.

ffs how many of these threads/posts are there going to be?

I'm new here, so have not gone through all the other threads.

Singing aint really a new idea at the football is it?

And colour, well in my time following the albion i have seen plenty of blue and white where ever i have been.

What other colours are they bringing to the table?

Regards

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Sorry Sid you are wrong on this one. I think ANYONE who encourages an atmosphere should be applauded. They maybe called ultras, but essentially they are a group of like-minded Albion fans who are prepare to start the singing without waiting for someone else to do it for them. More power to their Kollective elbow I say.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
This is another nail in English footballs coffin IMO.

Whats the point in imitating something that is shit in the first place.

I dont get it, can someone fill me in on why/how this has crept into our football club?

Be nice to know the reasons for why.

Regards

The reasons are that football has become so sanitised and boring over the last 10 years and the atmosphere declined so much that some people have felt the need to do something about it. It's a shame that it has had to happen, but anything that helps create an atmosphere in the modern game is good in my book.

Would you rather it was silent?

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
I'm new here, so have not gone through all the other threads.

Singing aint really a new idea at the football is it?

And colour, well in my time following the albion i have seen plenty of blue and white where ever i have been.

What other colours are they bringing to the table?

Regards

so then, you agree, they're doing a good job by promoting that and making an effort?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I don't mind the idea of it if done properly like they do abroad. We fail miserably though. We certainly need some new chants which isn't easy to do which i appreciate.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Love the Ultras. They created great atmosphere at the Donny game and they allow songs to be caught on in the West Stand more easily. Btw, anyone got any youtube vids of the Ultras song from the Donny game?

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011
Sorry Sid you are wrong on this one. I think ANYONE who encourages an atmosphere should be applauded. They maybe called ultras, but essentially they are a group of like-minded Albion fans who are prepare to start the singing without waiting for someone else to do it for them. More power to their Kollective elbow I say.

Ok so they are lads who like a sing song, hardly being ultra's lol.

Your point is a very good one, and correct.

Strange they call themselves Ultra's.

"Kollective" eh *scratches chin*

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
What's wrong with a good old fashioned FIRM?

Afterall, they don't wear club colours and they behave a bit like the chav rioters and keep decent people away from the ground. Sometimes they're not even interested in the game. Much better than these ultra types.

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011
Miserable fuckers who moan about anything and everything. They're another nail in the coffin of English football.

Have you seen the amount of people moaning about Falmer, crazy aint it.

Even started a thread about it cos i couldnt get my nut round it.:thumbsup:

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I am happy with them, no problem from me. Can I just ask though that we maybe change the "stand up if you hate palarse" to "clap your hands if you hate Palarse" as I have a bad ankle and it really hurts to keep getting up.

thanks in advance

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011
What's wrong with a good old fashioned FIRM?

Afterall, they don't wear club colours and they behave a bit like the chav rioters and keep decent people away from the ground. Sometimes they're not even interested in the game. Much better than these ultra types.

Ah now were getting somewhere, so there more like 'barmies' than ultra's.??

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011
Love the Ultras. They created great atmosphere at the Donny game and they allow songs to be caught on in the West Stand more easily. Btw, anyone got any youtube vids of the Ultras song from the Donny game?

I reckon the atmosphere would have been mustard with or without them tbh.

How many is there, where do they drink be nice to have a beer and chat with a few to find the coo out.

Regards,

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
I reckon the atmosphere would have been mustard with or without them tbh.

How many is there, where do they drink be nice to have a beer and chat with a few to find the coo out.

Regards,

True, but it's good to have a group you can rely on to instigate songs. Don't personally know any of them but I have a suspicion they're linked to TSLR, as they staged a competition to win NSK scarves.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Basically why are they called ultras? its just the main singing stand, it sounds well gay! im a brighton ultra...? SHIT.

however apart from the name ultra im fine with it. sing as much as you want. make some huhe signs it looks fine, but stop calling them ultras.

Its as shit as music after a goal and cheerleaders dancing before the game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here