Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UK population is to increase beyond 70 million in the next 12 years

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
Should be pointed out that immigrants put more into the system than they take out in benefits.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
All these Pro arguments seem reasonable untill you ask how we coped before mass immigraion?

Nursing was not a graduate profession, you dont need a degree to wipe someones arse.

1.5 million unemployed.

Theres your lost labour force.
If things get desperate you could ban abortion, that would help with low birthrates.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Scaremongering. We need a bigger population.

I flew back from Newquay yesterday morning, green as far as the eye can see with a few cliusters of conurbations. Something like 79% of England is not built on. Now, I'm not suggesting we swallow up the countryside with modern housing so how about we start off with all the vast private estates the gentry and the Royal Family have stolen from us? Just as a start?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Just wait until you're dribbling into your bedpan in a few years DR, you won't care too much about where the cleaner is from as long as she or he takes away your plop plops.

Regards

EP
What do you mean wait until..?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Some of us have ties to football clubs like the Albion. Unlike yourself, we can't just hop ship and start supporting someone else.

I'm not sure something like a football club would keep me in a country, as much as I like the Albion I only get to about 5 matches a season now due to work and location and You'd have to be pretty sad to alter life plans because of a football team. We need more affordable housing.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Have you flown over south east England recently? It is basically green with a few small brownish blobs... there is plenty of room for everyone. We just need to get on with building a lot of new housing.

Agreed but importantly, roads, railways, schools, hospitals, etc. as well.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Isn't the argument we need rapid population growth to look after/fund the increasing percentage of elderly people a bit flawed because we would need ever larger increases in the population to look after the preceding waves as they reached retirement.
Sshhhh!!!

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Maybe the fact that he probably likes living here but he doesnt want it to change beyond all recognition, like a lot of England already has ?

Things change. This country is completely different to how it was 50 years ago, as 50 years ago it was completely different to 50 years before that, and so on.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I'm not sure something like a football club would keep me in a country, as much as I like the Albion I only get to about 5 matches a season now due to work and location and You'd have to be pretty sad to alter life plans because of a football team. We need more affordable housing.

Especially if you have no interest in football or the Albion. :whistle:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Things change. This country is completely different to how it was 50 years, ago, as 50 years ago it was completely different to 50 years before that, and so on.
Exactly, move with the times but do it fairly, which our government does not

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Things change. This country is completely different to how it was 50 years ago, as 50 years ago it was completely different to 50 years before that, and so on.
The llast 60 years has seen unprecedented change in terms of the population make up and culture , so i dont think your point stand up to be honest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here