Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UK jobs market recovery 'to stall'

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
I agree they're walking a tightrope, too far in either direction is bad. I said earlier that the tories will cut too far and in the wrong places, even tory MPs are saying that. At the end of the day the treasury gives each department a budget which they have to work within, they are all dancing to the treasury's tune and you get the feeling the treasury haven't though any of this through, they're just looking at numbers on a balance sheet. I still think that the civil service needs to be cut down to a better size.

To be honest I think we're all wasting our time debating left vs right issues anyway, they're all just puppets to the super rich and the corporations.

I find it difficult to disagree with any of this really. The public sector does need to be made more efficient, I just worry about the way it will/is being done. As ever with the tories, they are more than happy to look after their own first and to hell with the ordinary working person. Hey ho, we'll see how it all turns out in a year or so I guess.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
Exactly when did David Cameron do a proper job then?

Just as an addendum, he appears to have been the Director of Corporate Affairs at Carlton Communications. You remember them don't you, they were one of the principal shareholders of OnDigital, the company that shafted Football League clubs. Still, the experience he gained in shafting football is now being put to good use!!!!

Like I said.................so more of the same then.

Unfortunately that's the trouble, some people are so one eyed they only see what they want to see.

de la zouch

Jul 12, 2007
Reading the thoughts on this thread one would believe that the Tories are having a "mare", however the latest opinion polls have them at 44% plus 8 vs the General Election.

Thus the public seem to believe they are doing a good job of sorting out the dreadful mess they inherited.

I wish some people could get over the fact that their party (labour) lost and start using the board to debate Football!

By the way some of the thoughts on this thread are simply laughable, stick to talking about something you actually know about (and yes I do)

Helter

Jan 4, 2010
What a bunch of thick cnuts you lot are. Labour f***ed this country and you blame Tories and lib dems.

You muppets no f*** all about, well anything!

Pricks.

Helter

Jan 4, 2010
How old was you in 83 - 89?

8?

You know f*** all.

BBC News - UK jobs market recovery this is happening due to the economic policy of our present government. Said policy is unwise, and will harm those in society least equipped to suffer further harm, all while failing to achieve the policy's stated aims. The continuing victory of short-sightedness and alarmism in our political process is to be lamented.

Labours economic policy for recovery was working. Gordon Brown practically BEGGED Cameron not to take £6million odd out of the economy and now we are seeing why. Double dip here we come. The number of unemployed 18-24-year-olds is already ...nearly one million. Thinking of sitting in education to avoid all this mess? Forget about it, all the 'safe' courses are well over subscribed and the number of university places has been reduced by 10,000.

The Government have also scrapped recruitment subsidies for firms who are willing to take on anyone who has been out of work for six months or more as well as the youth guarantee, which promises work, training or an internship to 18-24-year-olds struggling to get a job. I would not want to be graduating now. The Tories and the 'Liberal' Democrates have essentially destroyed the hopes of an entire generation of young people... just as Margaret Thatcher did in the 80s.

Cutting jobs, cutting help for the unemployed. David Cameron, take a bow.. and enjoy the applause of everyone who was quite frankly THICK enough to vote for you.

:angry::angry::angry:RANT OVER.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
How old was you in 83 - 89?

8?

You know f*** all.

He was probably a variety of ages between 83 and 89. I know I was.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Here we go, another arse hole. You know feck all as well.

Disagreeing with you, or being young when something happened, doesn't make you an arsehole. Are you not allowed to have an opinion on something unless you were alive and of a certain age when it happened?

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
What a bunch of thick cnuts you lot are. Labour f***ed this country and you blame Tories and lib dems.

You muppets no f*** all about, well anything!

Pricks.

I'll add that the phrase 'takes one to know one' seems appropriate here.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
it is the trendy thing to bash them isn't it without any real basis behind that.

patronising f***ing twat

Original poster made his opinion quite clear I thought whether you agree with it or not.

And I seem to remember you bashing the government ad nauseum. That wasn't trendy was it? Or do you know something that all us lesser trend following mortals do oh great one?

anyway, as I said, patronising twat.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Here we go, another arse hole. You know feck all as well.

Get run over ****. You lefties make 99% of the country vomit.

such reasoned and concise debate. i think we should all just go to bed now with the wisdom of these points to ponder upon.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
patronising f***ing twat

Original poster made his opinion quite clear I thought whether you agree with it or not.

And I seem to remember you bashing the government ad nauseum. That wasn't trendy was it? Or do you know something that all us lesser trend following mortals do oh great one?

Have a good morning and f*** off you offensive little shit.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
patronising f***ing twat

:tosser::tosser::tosser::tosser::tosser::tosser::tosser::tosser:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
How? Being self employed is a decision that you consciously make, being made redundant isn't.

I was self employed not through choice but because it was the only way I could get work. I doubt that I was the only one in that boat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here