Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UK jobs market recovery 'to stall'

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
BBC News - UK jobs market recovery this is happening due to the economic policy of our present government. Said policy is unwise, and will harm those in society least equipped to suffer further harm, all while failing to achieve the policy's stated aims. The continuing victory of short-sightedness and alarmism in our political process is to be lamented.

Labours economic policy for recovery was working. Gordon Brown practically BEGGED Cameron not to take £6million odd out of the economy and now we are seeing why. Double dip here we come. The number of unemployed 18-24-year-olds is already ...nearly one million. Thinking of sitting in education to avoid all this mess? Forget about it, all the 'safe' courses are well over subscribed and the number of university places has been reduced by 10,000.

The Government have also scrapped recruitment subsidies for firms who are willing to take on anyone who has been out of work for six months or more as well as the youth guarantee, which promises work, training or an internship to 18-24-year-olds struggling to get a job. I would not want to be graduating now. The Tories and the 'Liberal' Democrates have essentially destroyed the hopes of an entire generation of young people... just as Margaret Thatcher did in the 80s.

Cutting jobs, cutting help for the unemployed. David Cameron, take a bow.. and enjoy the applause of everyone who was quite frankly THICK enough to vote for you.

:angry::angry::angry:RANT OVER.

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
Youd be well please if youd voted Lib Dem (youd have been a twat but thats not a crime) and seen not only your leader sell you, himself and his party out to get suck of power, but now you are inadvertantly responisible for the country being in even more shit.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I agree as well.

I'll also add how long before the first serious fracture in the coalition? It cannot be too far away now.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Interesting to note that they are talking mainly about the BLOATED Public Sector and its these losses that will negate the Private sectors recovery.

Anyway as you were.

For the private sector alone, the index shows strong hiring intentions at +19 while in the public sector, the index gives a reading of -35.

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Youd be well please if youd voted Lib Dem (youd have been a twat but thats not a crime) and seen not only your leader sell you, himself and his party out to get suck of power, but now you are inadvertantly responisible for the country being in even more shit.
:down:

I think I wish I hadn't, in hindsight. I am now officially a disenfranchised member of the electorate. :nono:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
My Dad who has never voted Tory in his life even commented that he thought the coalition was so far doing a very good job but it is the trendy thing to bash them isn't it without any real basis behind that.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
God man; I cant beleived you admitted to doing that.
I know.

Did you know they were going to suck up everything CMD told them to. I honestly thought they'd form a left of centre government with Labour, force out useless Gordon Brown and formulate a sensible plan to get the debt down.

I now know they can't be trusted.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
My Dad who has never voted Tory in his life even commented that he thought the coalition was so far doing a very good job but it is the trendy thing to bash them isn't it without any real basis behind that.

I think I made my basis quite clear. Sadly bashing the Government is trendy, even Labour had to put up with it while they introduced the national minimum wage, winter fuel payments, banned fox hunting, free bus travel for over 60's,free entry to national museums and free nursery places for three and four-year-olds... now people really have something to moan about.

Last edited:

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
I think I made my basis quite clear. Sadly bashing the Government is trendy, even Labour had to put up with it while they introduced the national minimum wage, winter fuel payments, banned fox hunting, free bus travel for over 60's,fFree entry to national museums and free nursery places for three and four-year-olds... now people really have something to moan about.

You know what you are talking about. :thumbsup:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Anyway as you were.

For the private sector alone, the index shows strong hiring intentions at +19 while in the public sector, the index gives a reading of -35.

I guess everyone is going to conveniently ignore that. Private sector growth is the only sustainable way to reduce unemployment.

The last Labour government grew the public sector too quickly and with borrowed money. Now it needs to be trimmed, who is to blame for the resulting rise in unemployment?

Here's an anaolgy - Imagine as a child if one of your parents bought you loads of stuff and had a nice house and car but did it all on credit card. They piss off leaving the remaining parent to pay for it all. Your life is now worse, you don't have all the things you used to so who do you blame?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I guess everyone is going to conveniently ignore that. Private sector growth is the only sustainable way to reduce unemployment.

The last Labour government grew the public sector too quickly and with borrowed money. Now it needs to be trimmed, who is to blame for the resulting rise in unemployment?

Here's an anaolgy - Imagine as a child if one of your parents bought you loads of stuff and had a nice house and car but did it all on credit card. They piss off leaving the remaining parent to pay for it all. Your life is now worse, you don't have all the things you used to so who do you blame?
That's a crap analogy. Labour didn't "piss off", they were voted out. And if they'd been allowed to stay, they might well have formulated a proper solution to get the debt down.

So if this parent had been allowed to stick around instead of being thrown out, maybe he'd have sat down with the other parent and worked out a proper payment plan to drive down the credit card debt, rather than hit everyone hard right now, irreversibly damaging the child.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton

Grew it too quickly? Perhaps there is an argument for it being 'trimmed' but axing 600,000 public jobs is madness! Pure madness. Where will these people go? Who will do their jobs?

The reason the public services are being drastically cut away is because the money used to run them are being handed over to the private sector. Then the Government (I can't stand calling them that) ask Volunteers to work in place where someone might usually have a job.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
So if this parent had been allowed to stick around instead of being thrown out, maybe he'd have sat down with the other parent and worked out a proper payment plan to drive down the credit card debt, rather than hit everyone hard right now, irreversibly damaging the child.

:bowdown::bowdown:

That's a crap analogy. Labour didn't "piss off", they were voted out. And if they'd been allowed to stay, they might well have formulated a proper solution to get the debt down.

That is the key word in the quote. To continue to completely overstretch this analogy, if the parents have a history of overspending and getting themselves into high levels of debt, what evidence is there that they are suddenly going to reform themselves and become frugal?

On another point, I'm not sure exactly what job market recovery they are talking about. The most recent figures I can find (2010Q1) show employment continuing to decline, with a significant fall in the number of employees offset slightly by an increase in self employment. The article is based in fact on surveys of future expectations, and the net balance is in fact +2 are expecting to increase employment (compared to +5 three months ago).

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Grew it too quickly? Perhaps there is an argument for it being 'trimmed' but axing 600,000 public jobs is madness! Pure madness. Where will these people go? Who will do their jobs?

The reason the public services are being drastically cut away is because the money used to run them are being handed over to the private sector. Then the Government (I can't stand calling them that) ask Volunteers to work in place where someone might usually have a job.

Those 600,000 will go on the dole, therefore they will stop paying taxes and will instead claim benefits, costing the state more money. Yay.

I must also regretfully state that I voted Lib Dem. Safe to say that's a mistake I won't ever be making, at any level, ever again. At least you know what you're voting for with every other party.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here