Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Uganda makes Homosexuality punishible by death

D

Deleted User X18H

I still snore at this propaganda, as it was repeated ad infinitum by gayers when it was proliferating among their number in the mid-eighties. All the time they kept saying that rot, they were shagging each other carelessly and kept on spreading and spreading. Sure, it also went through the drug-injectors and hapless transfusion victims, but gays were the root source and they continued to be the danger community.
Maybe the 'carefree' thing they associated with gay relations also made them cavalier about their precautions - but it kept the disease spreading through the gay community.
Ronald Regan has to be seen as culpable for his weak stance in the US when HIV came ashore on his watch. The education regarding that very virulent epidemic was piss-poor, and thus it was not taken seriously enough at the most crucial time, in my opinion.

I was a schoolboy when AIDS/HIV was being hyped up by the media. Being told you could get it through masturbation did actually improve a lot of O'level results and maintain healthy eye sights amongst certain adolescents

IKDRF

May 1, 2009
is that as a % or an exact figure?

because of course there are more heterosexual cases- there are more heterosexual people

official figures show that same sex activity accounts for 70 out every 10000 infections. of the 25 million who have died of aids 175,000 are believed to have been gay. in this country we are more aware of hiv amongst gay people because it is out of proportion.
hiv, internationally is a hetreosexual problem although in the west the arguement holds less water.
uganda has a life expectancy of around 43. (i work for ngo's). hiv is a huge killer. the christian church, who propogate their moralistic anti-gay teaching (as if gays accounted for some large dangerous evangelical force...ahem..) also say that condoms are wrong. the lack of teaching concerning condoms, particually to a poorly informed and deeply ritualistic people is the real sin here.
the blaming of all evils on gay people is as old as the sodom and gomorah tale itself..and once again our religious friends are pulling all the strings.

:US:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I was a schoolboy when AIDS/HIV was being hyped up by the media. Being told you could get it through masturbation did actually improve a lot of O'level results and maintain healthy eye sights amongst certain adolescents

Sounds like you were brought up in Thatcher's Britain.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I still snore at this propaganda, as it was repeated ad infinitum by gayers when it was proliferating among their number in the mid-eighties. All the time they kept saying that rot, they were shagging each other carelessly and kept on spreading and spreading. Sure, it also went through the drug-injectors and hapless transfusion victims, but gays were the root source and they continued to be the danger community.
Maybe the 'carefree' thing they associated with gay relations also made them cavalier about their precautions - but it kept the disease spreading through the gay community.
Ronald Regan has to be seen as culpable for his weak stance in the US when HIV came ashore on his watch. The education regarding that very virulent epidemic was piss-poor, and thus it was not taken seriously enough at the most crucial time, in my opinion.

AIDS is prevalent in several African countries where gay sex is unheard of, suppose that's a fallacy too.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
"....where gay sex is unheard of....."

BWAAAHAHAHAAA!

I can rest my case right there mate :lolol:

You don't have a case because you're a homophobe, God knows why.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I was commenting the facts that you can also get hiv from " normal " sex. The odds of getting hiv from unprotected arse sex than unprotected vaginal sex is about 170 x greater.

Gay men these days, particularly younger men (in their 20's/30's) are, on the whole, FAR more conscientious when it comes to protection than their straight counterparts. Speaking for myself I have never had, and would never have, unprotected sex, and I'm pretty sure that most of my gay friends would say precisely the same.

On a seperate but related note, I find it somewhat hypocritical in this country that a man can be prevented from giving blood on the grounds that he's had even fully protected sex with another man, yet a man or woman who goes out on a Friday night and has unprotected heterosexual intercourse with anything that looks at them would still be eligible.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Gay men these days, particularly younger men (in their 20's/30's) are, on the whole, FAR more conscientious when it comes to protection than their straight counterparts. Speaking for myself I have never had, and would never have, unprotected sex, and I'm pretty sure that most of my gay friends would say precisely the same.

On a seperate but related note, I find it somewhat hypocritical in this country that a man can be prevented from giving blood on the grounds that he's had even fully protected sex with another man, yet a man or woman who goes out on a Friday night and has unprotected heterosexual intercourse with anything that looks at them would still be eligible.

Word.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

I fully agree and my point was backing that up but the risks of getting hiv from the two types to put it bluntly are hugely higher with anal sex than vaginal sex. Because of this the gay community is far more concientious I am sure. It is also far easier for Women to get hiv from an hiv positive male than vice versa. Its all about the basic mechanics of the act to bring it down to the bare bones.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
And I may be wrong but I think the huge problem of hiv/aids in the African countries is down to a large part in bi sexual males infecting their wives with hiv and also the anti condom environment whereby males in particular will refuse to wear one even if they know the woman is hiv positive. Education and a change of attitudes is needed and needed fast.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
And I may be wrong but I think the huge problem of hiv/aids in the African countries is down to a large part in bi sexual males infecting their wives with hiv and also the anti condom environment whereby males in particular will refuse to wear one even if they know the woman is hiv positive. Education and a change of attitudes is needed and needed fast.

The blame for the spread of HIV in Africa can pretty much be laid at the door of the Vatican.

Frutos dear chap, if a single sex male couple have been living together in a loving faithful relationship for many years is it still advisable for them to be protected during lovemaking?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Not if they have been faithful and were negative when they met.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham

It is a cultural thing. Someone I know works in the local AIDS Clinic and they despair at the attitudes shown by the majority of men towards HIV/AIDS. Basically, and this is generalising, most of them could not give a damn. They refuse to wear condoms because it is an affront to their manhood for want of a better expression - getting a woman pregnant is a good thing. Many men have multiple wives and girlfriends on the side (including President Zuma). Young girls often have children out of wedlock to prove that they can have children, so that their Lobola (dowry) is increased when they do get married.

In the rural parts of South Africa, the unofficial rate of HIV infection amongst the black population is conservatively estimated at 50%!! The 20% national rate is only taken from statistics at maternity hospitals and deaths from AIDS are not often recorded as such.

All very depressing. There are good initiatives in this country and AIDS awareness is rising, but it will take a long time to change all attitudes. It does not help when the President of the country has at least 20 children from 6 different women, the most recent of which was born earlier this year to someone who is not one of his wives. But that is OK because he is HIV-, or so he says.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here