Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UFO's - Do you believe that Extraterrestrials have visited/are visiting this planet?

Extraterrestrial Visitation of Earth

• In the past yes, in modern times no

Votes: 8 4.8%
  • In the past yes, and in modern times yes

Votes: 51 30.5%
  • I believe they exist, but I don't believe they have ever been here

Votes: 83 49.7%
  • I don't believe in extraterrestrials

Votes: 25 15.0%

• Total voters

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
And saying aliens made them is firmly grounded in reality! On a scale of probability are a mix of hoaxes/photoshopping more or less likely an explanation than aliens?

No, you have to go to the evidence. You can't just see a crop circle in a field from 500 yards and say you know where it came from. You have to examine the site. But at this point you have already left the field and gone home, because you know where it came from.

You're so smart.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
All the known autographs of the Stratford actor read "William Shakspere" not "William Shakespeare"

There is no record that Shakspere ever owned a library. (It is argued that even a small library wouldn't be enough for an author who demonstrate the kind of literary knowledge that span the ages like Shakespeare's work do.)

There is no mention of any books in his will.

His parents were illiterate.

Shakspere's daughter Judith was an illiterate. (It is argued that Shakspere wouldn't permit his own daughter to reach the age of twenty-seven and marry without being able to read one line of the writings that made her father wealthy and locally famous)

From where did William Shakspere secure his knowledge of modern French, Italian, Spanish, and Danish? Not to mention classical Latin and Greek? (Ben Jonson, who knew Shakspere intimately, stated that the Stratford actor understood "small Latin and less Greek")

No record exists of William Shakspere as having ever played a leading role in the famous dramas he is supposed to have written or in others produced by the company of which he was a member.

None of his heirs were involved in the printing of the First Folio after his death, nor did they benefit financially from it.

Shakspere's manuscripts and unpublished plays would have been his most valued possessions, yet his will mentions no literary productions whatsoever. (It does however mention his second-best bed and his "broad silver gilt bowl")

Manly P Hall writes: "There are in existence but six known examples of Shakspere's handwriting. All are signatures, and three of them are in his will. The scrawling, uncertain method of their execution stamps Shakspere as unfamiliar with the use of a pen, and it is obvious either that he copied a signature prepared for him or that his hand was guided while he wrote. No autograph manuscripts of the "Shakespearian" plays or sonnets have been discovered"

yep, crazy CT's again i guess.

You know what? You are truly a lost cause. All the best.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
You into the whole Shakespeare was somene else theory too? Is there any of these theories you do not subscribe to?

Meh its just history. Why are you so sure that everything that you have learned or been taught is the sum total of all that is true?

You need to do something about that attitude mate.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Meh its just history. Why are you so sure that everything that you have learned or been taught is the sum total of all that is true?

You need to do something about that attitude mate.

I don't as a matter of fact. Part of my work involves investigating myths, ancient cultures and archeology. I never take anything for granted, I find out information myself in many different ways. You however believe anything any conspiracy theorist tells you or any old bobbins the internet spews out. I know you enjoy all this sensationalist horsecock but one day I hope you wise up and do some investigating of your own, you know learn some shit.

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
You know what? You are truly a lost cause. All the best.

any decent rational "free thinking" man, who was not too rigid in his belief system, would read that list and go, "wow, i need to really check some of that out."

to insult the poster of that list says soooo much about you nibble.

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
I don't as a matter of fact. Part of my work involves investigating myths, ancient cultures and archeology. I never take anything for granted, I find out information myself in many different ways. You however believe anything any conspiracy theorist tells you or any old bobbins the internet spews out. I know you enjoy all this sensationalist horsecock but one day I hope you wise up and do some investigating of your own, you know learn some shit.

i thought the only way one truly investigates myth or pantheon was through meditation and contemplation? there is nothing in a myth to take, or not take for granted....a myth is to be felt....if you don't understand this after "working" in this field, then you believe any "teaching or training programme" your industry / boss spews out.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
any decent rational "free thinking" man, who was not too rigid in his belief system, would read that list and go, "wow, i need to really check some of that out."

to insult the poster of that list says soooo much about you nibble.

Brunswick, I have heard all those theories before. You know what? When I was about 13 somebody gave me a similar list, then proceeded to destroy just about all of the points. So you see, I have looked into it, as I look into anything I feel worthwhile. The difference between someone like me is I go into the task open minded you go in determined to believe the conspiracy. The reason I insult the poster is because I thinhk they are a dolt.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
i thought the only way one truly investigates myth or pantheon was through meditation and contemplation? there is nothing in a myth to take, or not take for granted....a myth is to be felt....if you don't understand this after "working" in this field, then you believe any "teaching or training programme" your industry / boss spews out.
Well you clearly don't really understand the work I do. Myths and legends are usually based on some underlying facts that get distorted over time. The other difference between what I do and what you do is I rarely draw conclusions. I work from likelyhood. You look at crap on the internet and share their conclusions. It's a farce.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

Yes yes, everything you don't believe is a conspiracy theory.

You are so smart.

Looking at you're signature, I am not surprised by your arrogance.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Well you clearly don't really understand the work I do. Myths and legends are usually based on some underlying facts that get distorted over time. The other difference between what I do and what you do is I rarely draw conclusions. I work from likelyhood. You look at crap on the internet and share their conclusions. It's a farce.

I have to say, you don't sound much like an academic or a scientist.

Nor have you ever in any conversation I have ever had with you. I think you are just talking BS, working from likelyhood.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Yes yes, everything you don't believe is a conspiracy theory.

You are so smart.

Looking at you're signature, I am not surprised by your arrogance.

No, conspiracy theories, crackpot creationism, these are things I don't believe. Unfortunately for you you have come up against people on this forum that will tell you you are full of shit, people who have practical knowledge of the world, history etc not a few beanbags like the other forums who just agree with whatever is said. That way madness lies Dingdong. And my signature is some shit tagline from an old Sly Stallone film. Cobra. You'd love it, it's all about cults wanting to take over society, right up your straza. It's also got Brigitte Nielson in one of her finest roles and boob action. Check it owwwt.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I have to say, you don't sound much like an academic or a scientist.

Nor have you ever in any conversation I have ever had with you. I think you are just talking BS, working from likelyhood.

I'm not an academic or a scientist, this is true. Neither of which would make me an authority on lizard people from Blargon 4.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I'm not an academic or a scientist, this is true.

Hold up.

If you work investigating myths, ancient cultures and archeology, then guess what, you are either an academic or a scientist (or perhaps both).

So if you are not an academic or a scientist, you are a liar.

You know, in one of your posts up this page, you actually said that someone showed you a list of conspiracy theories, and then destroyed them. So on this basis you know they are not true. Also you were 13 at the time.

That is like me saying, Someone told me this conspiracy theory, and they showed me and explained how true it was. So I know its true. Oh and I was 13 when this happened.

Stop embarrassing yourself.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton

Just wondered really.

I got to a certain age when the question of "Who I am?" kept coming up. So rather than read what someone else had to say about it I looked at ways I could try and find out more about my "self".

So I plumped for meditation.

I seemed to get on well with it. Really calming and relaxing and after a while the constant chatter of the mind stopped and I experienced what was behind it. I have had many wonderful and beautiful experiences.

Just sharing, no agenda behind it. I'm not trying to recruit anyone :)

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
Hold up.

If you work investigating myths, ancient cultures and archeology, then guess what, you are either an academic or a scientist (or perhaps both).

You know, in one of your posts up this page, you actually said that someone showed you a list of conspiracy theories, and then destroyed them. So on this basis you know they are not true. Also you were 13 at the time.

That is like me saying, Someone told me this conspiracy theory, and they showed me and explained how true it was. So I know its true. Oh and I was 13 when this happened.

don't tell him to do that, it is giving me entertainment between watering the veg.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
No, you have to go to the evidence. You can't just see a crop circle in a field from 500 yards and say you know where it came from. You have to examine the site. But at this point you have already left the field and gone home, because you know where it came from.

You're so smart.

Why do you get so defensive? Why pretend I'm the one who's made up their mind when all I've done is thrown in potential alternative explantations. At least [MENTION=2850]brunswick[/MENTION] enters into some kind of dialogue, you seem a really stroppy individual.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Hold up.

I'm going to explain this onceand then I really have to go. My work is clearly something you don't understand I suppose there is a level of academia involved but not really science.If I need scientific procedures carried out I draw on people with far more experience and knowledge than me. I can assure you a liar I am not. As for all this shakespeare bunkum somebody raised a similar list and the very rationally went through those points and showed evdience that debunked most of your theories. The reason this occurred when I was 13 is that is about the level this kind of wild speculation occurs. I'm sorry if you find it embarrassing to be shown up but it is what it is. Now I'm gonna go down to the seafront and watch the Olympics hoopla. Fresh air, friends, reality. I suggest you do similar.

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
Just wondered really.

I got to a certain age when the question of "Who I am?" kept coming up. So rather than read what someone else had to say about it I looked at ways I could try and find out more about my "self".

So I plumped for meditation.

I seemed to get on well with it. Really calming and relaxing and after a while the constant chatter of the mind stopped and I experienced what was behind it. I have had many wonderful and beautiful experiences.

Just sharing, no agenda behind it. I'm not trying to recruit anyone :)

top post. taming the monkey mind one gets to see the mind is only a tool, not the true seat of consciousness......the experiences are priceless and profound, and one only needs to do is sit and be :) i never seek to go back to a life of no-medi.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Why do you get so defensive? Why pretend I'm the one who's made up their mind when all I've done is thrown in potential alternative explantations. At least [MENTION=2850]brunswick[/MENTION] enters into some kind of dialogue, you seem a really stroppy individual.

They were not "potential alternative explanations." You put them forward as being "on the scale of probability".

And your "explanations", as usual, were not qualified with any information. You are not arguing "on the balance of probability", or "all things considered". You are arguing just based on what you believe.

I am not being defensive, you just cannot assert something as more likely than something else, just based on what you believe. Work to the evidence.

And you were actually arguing that crop circles are computer generated images, implying that they do not appear in crops. I pointed out that they appear in crops, for real, and that this is not even disputed. So your counter was "Ok, but it's not the work of aliens".

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
I'm going to explain this onceand then I really have to go. My work is clearly something you don't understand I suppose there is a level of academia involved but not really science.If I need scientific procedures carried out I draw on people with far more experience and knowledge than me. I can assure you a liar I am not. As for all this shakespeare bunkum somebody raised a similar list and the very rationally went through those points and showed evdience that debunked most of your theories. The reason this occurred when I was 13 is that is about the level this kind of wild speculation occurs. I'm sorry if you find it embarrassing to be shown up but it is what it is. Now I'm gonna go down to the seafront and watch the Olympics hoopla. Fresh air, friends, reality. I suggest you do similar.

olympics reality? manufactured expensive corporate illusion ;-) with myths tho, they are alive and live in the hearts and minds of man, where they come from as being true or false makes no difference to them, they still live....surely much of your life is seeking fools gold? this line of work explains many of your posts to me.

"i must have scientific proof, it is not a myth until i know it happened, if it made up i will expose it for the lies it is etc" sort of thing?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here