Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Two weeks to go - how are you voting in the EU referendum? - Leave or Remain?

How do you intend to vote in the EU referendum?

• Leave

Votes: 125 38.5%
  • Remain

Votes: 183 56.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 17 5.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
We're the right side, we're the right side, we're the right side Brighton boys! OUT.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
The Beast of Bolsover says LEAVE.
I think that will pull plenty of labour voters to the leave camp.
It will certainly give those who keep going on about how great he is a bit of cognitive dissonance, at least. But people can have contradictory opinions - indeed, I think everyone has them. This will be one for the medium-left wingers.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It will certainly give those who keep going on about how great he is a bit of cognitive dissonance, at least. But people can have contradictory opinions - indeed, I think everyone has them. This will be one for the medium-left wingers.

That's me. I have been on the fence, wanting to jump 'in', but willing to listen to the reasons for not. The latter have been either rather nuanced, or just silly. The protagonists for out are largely silly, making things up, or Boris (actually, that's just the two :lolol:). The inners have been either a bit hysterical, or a bit boring. Any arguments I might have either way are convoluted and speculative. Certainly all this stuff about controlling our borders and having power over our economy is just . . . well, silly or made up. There just seems to be insufficient data or content for this to be a doctrinaire or party political driven issue, for me. Nobody can say things will be better if we leave, but we do know that things will be the same if we stay. So why gamble? :shrug:

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
That's me. I have been on the fence, wanting to jump 'in', but willing to listen to the reasons for not. The latter have been either rather nuanced, or just silly. The protagonists for out are largely silly, making things up, or Boris (actually, that's just the two :lolol:). The inners have been either a bit hysterical, or a bit boring. Any arguments I might have either way are convoluted and speculative. Certainly all this stuff about controlling our borders and having power over our economy is just . . . well, silly or made up. There just seems to be insufficient data or content for this to be a doctrinaire or party political driven issue, for me. Nobody can say things will be better if we leave, but we do know that things will be the same if we stay. So why gamble? :shrug:

Things would be the same if we stay, only if the EU stays the same into the future. The EU is shaky and changing all the time. Don't think for a second that a vote to stay is a vote for the status-quo, it's not.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Immigration is spiraling out of control and we need to be more selective and welcome those from anywhere on the planet that meet a new, strict criteria. For example, we need more fit young women in this country and until this demand is met, I feel that any other immigration should be put on hold. I recommend a fairer points system that would take into account what we, the British people need. We should award points on things such as Bustyness, blow-job lips, including all body parts and of-course overall sexiness. If any of you lefties are too THICK to understand this, then I don't know why I bothered fighting the bloody Germans (Euro '96) on your behalf.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Things would be the same if we stay, only if the EU stays the same into the future. The EU is shaky and changing all the time. Don't think for a second that a vote to stay is a vote for the status-quo, it's not.

I realise that. But if not the status quo, it certaily isn't a vote for Ned's Atomic Dustbin, or indeed High Flying Clive and the Hi-Fi Five . . . .

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I realise that. But if not the status quo, it certaily isn't a vote for Ned's Atomic Dustbin, or indeed High Flying Clive and the Hi-Fi Five . . . .

I don't know what that means, all I will say is that there is about the same amount of uncertainty each way, but while the levels of uncertainty are about equal, what we are uncertain about in each case is quite different, and IMO much more concerning in the long term if we stay than if we leave. I am far more concerned about how the downward spiral in Europes economy will affect us if we stay in, than I am about what our trading arrangements within and beyond the EU will ultimately look like if we leave. Not to mention that if we leave we will always have the power to act to deal with challenges going into the future, if we remain we will be largely at the mercy of the rest of Europe and their deteriorating circumstances.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I don't know what that means, all I will say is that there is about the same amount of uncertainty each way, but while the levels of uncertainty are about equal, what we are uncertain about in each case is quite different, and IMO much more concerning in the long term if we stay than if we leave. I am far more concerned about how the downward spiral in Europes economy will affect us if we stay in, than I am about what our trading arrangements within and beyond the EU will ultimately look like if we leave. Not to mention that if we leave we will always have the power to act to deal with challenges going into the future, if we remain we will be largely at the mercy of the rest of Europe and their deteriorating circumstances.

the medium term will be the downside if we leave.......longer term we will recover....agree not so sure there is a long term if we stay

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
the medium term will be the downside if we leave.......longer term we will recover....agree not so sure there is a long term if we stay

The medium term could be the downside if we leave, could be the upside too (I would probably say short term though personally), either way I agree that things will certainly stabalize (and improve if they have suffered short-medium term) in the long term.

When you say not sure there is a long term if we stay, do you mean not sure if there is a long term downside? or not sure if there is a long term - period? If you mean the latter, I agree with that too.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
The medium term could be the downside if we leave, could be the upside too (I would probably say short term though personally), either way I agree that things will certainly stabalize (and improve if they have suffered short-medium term) in the long term.

When you say not sure there is a long term if we stay, do you mean not sure if there is a long term downside? or not sure if there is a long term - period? If you mean the latter, I agree with that too.

Think that the potential for a longer term downside to staying in,in virtually every way possible...is very real

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Whichever side loses is going to spend the next ten years blaming everything on this result.

That will certainly be the case. But then again, the far-right have been blaming everything on the EU for the past ten years too, so nothing will change there if the vote is remain. I'd be happy with a result similar to this poll - 57%-37% - a 51-49 result either way will just be a mess.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
That will certainly be the case. But then again, the far-right have been blaming everything on the EU for the past ten years too, so nothing will change there if the vote is remain. I'd be happy with a result similar to this poll - 57%-37% - a 51-49 result either way will just be a mess.

Oh, here we go, anybody that is disillusioned, does not like, does not trust or wants to manage their own affairs.......is "far-right".......sigh.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Oh, here we go, anybody that is disillusioned, does not like, does not trust or wants to manage their own affairs.......is "far-right".......sigh.

and the Labour heartlands full of leavers on the news just now? where do they fit in? without their leader Corbyn would be my answer :lolol:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It's so bloody obvious, we have to vote LEAVE in order to save £350M a week...... that will equate to me having to pay less tax and my employers paying me more wages and my working conditions being improved too ! don't forget everyone that the EU costs us £350 M every week, money that would obviously be paid to employees in wages and other benefits....

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
Walk into the jaws of hell.
CknorVJUgAEh4Z0.jpg

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
The far-right have been blaming everything on the EU for the past ten years :shrug:

Pure ideological myopic opinion delivered by someone who cannot understand that people think for themselves and exercise their right to voice it. Call people stereo-typical names if you want. Show yourself up if you must 'cause it only serves to entertain us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here