Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Twitter - Reports coming in that Amy Winehouse has been confirmed as dead

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Still tickets available via the NME

amy2.jpg

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Totally unconnected. Besides, who said anything about more sad?

Exactly. Every loss is sad and certainly shouldn't be compared. Some people have a total lack of empathy and to be fair not many of us know what it's like to be hooked on shit like this. RIP.

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
Exactly. Every loss is sad and certainly shouldn't be compared. Some people have a total lack of empathy and to be fair not many of us know what it's like to be hooked on shit like this. RIP.

I'm not arguing for the sake of arguing, but is it really that hard to see why people have no sympathy for people like Winehouse? Not two weeks ago someone on here was saying how his girlfriend had just been diagnosed with cancer, the same kind which has killed other members of her family. The lengths normal people will go to just to live are huge, yet Winehouse, blessed with a huge array of talent, never seemed to want to get back on the straight and narrow.

I do understand what you mean though with regards to not knowing what the effects of drug addiction are like, I for one hope I never have to either, but rehabilitation was always an arms length away. Drugs don't have to kill you.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I'm not arguing for the sake of arguing, but is it really that hard to see why people have no sympathy for people like Winehouse? Not two weeks ago someone on here was saying how his girlfriend had just been diagnosed with cancer, the same kind which has killed other members of her family. The lengths normal people will go to just to live are huge, yet Winehouse, blessed with a huge array of talent, never seemed to want to get back on the straight and narrow.

I do understand what you mean though with regards to not knowing what the effects of drug addiction are like, I for one hope I never have to either, but rehabilitation was always an arms length away. Drugs don't have to kill you.

"want" i think is a really important word here. Did she want to throw away her talent, did she want to end up dead at 27? Did she want to become addicted to drink and drugs?

I don't know the answer for sure but I do know that some people have many problems with drugs and alcohol and make bad choices in their lives which result in tragedy.

Some much great Art and Music has come from torturered souls, it seems to in some way be a pay off.

Thank you Amy. RIP

Last edited:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I bet it's trebles all round at her label though as they plan the commemorative 'definitive' Amy album with a few additional 'B' sides, a couple of slurred live renditions and a different cover

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here