Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Twitter help please

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
I have had a twitter account for a while now but try as I do I cant seem to see what the attraction is...

It just seems like a legalised way to stalk celebs/football players.

maybe I'm to old for twitter but what the hell is a retweet??

does it just mean..' look @ me a celeb has read my twitter?' I do not understand it at all.

Please help an old man understand Twitter.....

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
You have confused me even more, I thought it was what Bill Oddie called "bird watching"

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
The trick is to only follow what you are actually interested in rather than 1000 people as you will have to be on 24/7 to see the odd interesting tweet.

Asking for a RT (re-tweet ie somebody showing what you have said to them to their followers) from a celebrity (or Brighton player) is embassassing - although it looks like CMS will re-tweet anybody and everybody

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I have had a twitter account for a while now but try as I do I cant seem to see what the attraction is...

does it just mean..' look @ me a celeb has read my twitter?' I do not understand it at all.

I have always been dead "anti" twitter, but in the last few weeks grown to quite like it - I don't post anything, nobody would ever be interested in anything I do, but I like keeping up with news etc, so am currently following about 24 people. These include Stephen Fry (I think that is compulsory, although often not usually very interesting), about 5 sports journalists, a couple of albion players, NASA, Sky Sports and Jamie Oliver.

I think any more than that, and for me it would be too much to read, but that seems about right for me - considering I'm on a PC all day at work (and I still have all my NSCing to do). I did follow Joey Barton, but soon took him off as he just posted loads of uninteresting rubbish. So, a convert- but I will still never go on Facebook !

Eric Potts

Jul 26, 2004
Top o' Hanover

This will help you understand , old man : notBigSam@TheBig_Sam

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
Can I have a RT from [MENTION=588]8ace[/MENTION] please. I just passed my stalker test

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
It's brilliant, and the fastest way to get news about anything you want to know about really.
I'm following lots of fans from other clubs and get some good banter every now and then. I never ask players for retweets, but I think one day we should make a banner that reads:

"@12CMS12 Hi craig I'm a massive fan plz RT"

Another vote for following @notBigSam, funny stuff.
Ignore trends, they're just controlled by hormonal teenage girls, but sometimes important stuff actually appears!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I have always been dead "anti" twitter, but in the last few weeks grown to quite like it - I don't post anything, nobody would ever be interested in anything I do, but I like keeping up with news etc, so am currently following about 24 people. These include Stephen Fry (I think that is compulsory, although often not usually very interesting), about 5 sports journalists, a couple of albion players, NASA, Sky Sports and Jamie Oliver.

I think any more than that, and for me it would be too much to read, but that seems about right for me - considering I'm on a PC all day at work (and I still have all my NSCing to do). I did follow Joey Barton, but soon took him off as he just posted loads of uninteresting rubbish. So, a convert- but I will still never go on Facebook !

that pretty much sums it up - keep to what you are interested in and ignore the whole re-tweeting circus - if you have plenty of time available try following [MENTION=461]Brett Mendoza[/MENTION] - he lives on there :lol:

I don't do Facebook either - strange and dangerous combination of school playground and salacious gossip

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
NSC will only very rarely retweet those who actually ask for a RT. It is more a case of reading a tweet about the Albion, our opposition or football in general and 'sending it on' to other Albion fans who may have an interest in it.

The lists feature is in Twitter is worth exploring. You can put someone in a list even if you don't actually follow them or you can, of course, assign anyone who you do follow to a list (or lists). It means, for example, that you can have a list of non-primary sources who may wish to look at every now and again without having their output clogging up your main feed.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
we should make a banner that reads:

"@12CMS12 Hi craig I'm a massive fan plz RT"

Yay!! Brilliant idea :lol:

(and/or Craig Noone)!

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Oh, and if you're not following NSC on Twitter you're probably missing out on the juicy transfer stuff.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] I'm an obsessed fan, can i get a RT please #legend

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here