Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Twitter help please

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The trends thing on Twitter is a complete pile of crap, as the vast majority of them are the result of 17 million thirteen year old girls who sit at school, scanning Twitter for anything- anything at all- relating to Justin Bieber, and can't help themselves from responding or retweeting it. As soon as they get hold of something, that's it, guaranteed trend due to sheer numbers (depressing, isn't it).

From this alone, I have noted that it appears to be the little runt's 18th birthday tomorrow, and thus every single trend, all day, will be some such (badly spelled) horseshit relating to that fact, like #MyBabyIs18 :sick: Today, FFS, there are trends pertaining to the fact that it's his last day of being 17 :facepalm:

If you ask footballers for a retweet, you are on a par with these girls. Fact.

On the subject of trends, I was rather hoping to get #HineysLuckyPants on the list by the season end, but as they have never been worn by either Bieber or One Direction, I'm not holding out much hope.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I've really grown to like twitter recently. I've started following @rupertmurdoch today. It's a PR persons nightmare where your client gets hold of direct comms with the world and you have no control over it. Its so bad it could be a spoof (but it isnt).

I've got some weird ladies following me now (spambots) but also some real people in south carolina who saw some stuff I wrote about phone hacking

The star man that is @12cms12 didnt RT for my sons 5th birthday but actually sent a message to him instead. That goes very nicely to the post on NSC that Guy Butters sent via Race when he was born.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Twitters great, but if I had my way I would remove the retweet facility COMPLETELY

Like a trainer on strike at Seaworld, it serves no purpoise.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I've really grown to like twitter recently. I've started following @rupertmurdoch today. It's a PR persons nightmare where your client gets hold of direct comms with the world and you have no control over it. Its so bad it could be a spoof (but it isnt).

I've got some weird ladies following me now (spambots) but also some real people in south carolina who saw some stuff I wrote about phone hacking

The star man that is @12cms12 didnt RT for my sons 5th birthday but actually sent a message to him instead. That goes very nicely to the post on NSC that Guy Butters sent via Race when he was born.

They're not spam/sex bots following you, it's just loads of women who want you. Honest.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
They're not spam/sex bots following you, it's just loads of women who want you. Honest.

That was my initial reaction but my wife told me they were spam bots so I believed her. I'm glad you've restored my faith :cheers:

#IknewIwasrightallalong

FLOG GNAW

Banned
Sep 21, 2009
Under Your Skin.
Oh, and if you're not following NSC on Twitter you're probably missing out on the juicy transfer stuff.

The day North Stand Chat followed me I KNEW I'd made it.

Ipswich fans tried that

"@10chopra10 Hi Michael please dont RT me I would ♥ a RT"

but it didn't work

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

The trends thing on Twitter is a complete pile of crap, as the vast majority of them are the result of 17 million thirteen year old girls who sit at school, scanning Twitter for anything- anything at all- relating to Justin Bieber, and can't help themselves from responding or retweeting it. As soon as they get hold of something, that's it, guaranteed trend due to sheer numbers (depressing, isn't it).

From this alone, I have noted that it appears to be the little runt's 18th birthday tomorrow, and thus every single trend, all day, will be some such (badly spelled) horseshit relating to that fact, like #MyBabyIs18 :sick: Today, FFS, there are trends pertaining to the fact that it's his last day of being 17 :facepalm:

If you ask footballers for a retweet, you are on a par with these girls. Fact.

On the subject of trends, I was rather hoping to get #HineysLuckyPants on the list by the season end, but as they have never been worn by either Bieber or One Direction, I'm not holding out much hope.

I would like to point out that Adam El-Abd was TRENDING during the Liverpool game.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Chesterfield
I think I've added my twitter thingy, but I'm not altogether sure....

Edit: Yep, yep I have!

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
I would like to point out that Adam El-Abd was TRENDING during the Liverpool game.

For bear-hugging Carroll in the penalty box by any chance?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I think Bridcutt was also trending in the same game...

Worthingite

Sep 16, 2011
Chesterfield
also follow @ joey7barton - if only to witness what a colossal bellend he is...

Last edited:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
also follow @ joey7barton - if only to witness what a colossal bellend he is...

Occasionally he comes out with something that makes me think "yeah, the man talks sense", but most of the time his account is amongst the most self-indulgent crap you could wish to read. He really does think the world revolves around him and that everyone else is wrong.

Worthingite

Sep 16, 2011
Chesterfield
Occasionally he comes out with something that makes me think "yeah, the man talks sense", but most of the time his account is amongst the most self-indulgent crap you could wish to read. He really does think the world revolves around him and that everyone else is wrong.

This is his "about me" bit..... "It might be a surprise but its true. That I'm not like you and I don't want your advice or your praise or to move in the way you do. And I never will"

Never before has the word twunt seemed so appropriate...

Lush

Mods' Pet
You can always block Retweets from specific individuals and the worst culprits (essential for most Albion players, unless you like to see Retweets "for my daughter's first birthday" - like she can read.)

I knew about Davy Jones dying about half an hour before it was on the BBC, thanks to following @dianainheaven who is hilarious (and very sweary for a princess)

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
This is his "about me" bit..... "It might be a surprise but its true. That I'm not like you and I don't want your advice or your praise or to move in the way you do. And I never will"

He cares so little about what everyone else thinks, he feels the need to speak to us all fifty times a day. You are absolutely right.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
You can always block Retweets from specific individuals and the worst culprits (essential for most Albion players, unless you like to see Retweets "for my daughter's first birthday" - like she can read.)

I knew about Davy Jones dying about half an hour before it was on the BBC, thanks to following @dianainheaven who is hilarious (and very sweary for a princess)

Diana is AMAZINGLY quick on the death messages, isn't she? :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here