Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tweaking the Amex

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It's not a tweak, but the North Stand needs extending. It actually needs completely rethinking - it's simply doesn't go high enough. To have the major home supporters area behind a goal so small and unimposing is poor planning - although the noise is highly impressive. But given that you'd have to take the seating deck out, put a new one in with a steeper rake and block some of the office windows behind it, I guess we're stuck with it. So at least extend it further into the corners.
I would agree with this. It's not much bigger than the Sainsbury's end at Selhurst! Sadly though, I don't think the corners can be filled in next to the North, as both corners are used for external access.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
This, the wait for a piss is appalling!!

I've never encountered a 'line' to a urinal of more than 4 people deep. It's busy, yes, but doesn't take AGES.

I honestly can't understand the 'cladding' issue. Im in central WSU and not ONCE have i looked to my right and though 'oh that cladding IS annoying'.

And i assume 'Not Andy Naylor' is joking with his comments about the north. Unappreciative is putting it extra nicely.

The ONLY thing which I would add is a betting kiosk but that's obviously down to the club not finding a good enough deal.

The stadium is PERFECT.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
I've never encountered a 'line' to a urinal of more than 4 people deep. It's busy, yes, but doesn't take AGES.

I honestly can't understand the 'cladding' issue. Im in central WSU and not ONCE have i looked to my right and though 'oh that cladding IS annoying'.

And i assume 'Not Andy Naylor' is joking with his comments about the north. Unappreciative is putting it extra nicely.

The ONLY thing which I would add is a betting kiosk but that's obviously down to the club not finding a good enough deal.

The stadium is PERFECT.

Lucky you, it takes the whole of half time in the north stand!

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
A very simple request from me:

Can the floor beneath my seat be washed/swept please. My jacket gets filthy if I put it under my seat or over the back, Do I have to sit with it in my lap every game?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
If we're talking "minor tweeks" then I'd say can we turn the floodlights up a tad ?

The lighting for the pitch is everso slightly DIMMER than I'd normally expect it to be for live night-time soccerball action.

Correct - I watched the Gillingham game from the East and there were no problems, but from the West the far side looked pretty dim. Maybe it was a bit mistier last night ...

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I feel the same about the stadium as I do my wife.....

I wouldn't change a thing.

(but in 10 years it may need a make over.:thumbsup:)

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Whilst we are waiting for the seats for gods sake cover up the gaps in the south with a big seagull or something.

Also too much "concrete" have blue/white panels like at St Marys or paint it.

Definitely this. Lots of bare concrete at the moment that would look so much better with a bit of blue on it. Surely not a major cost to do this either.

TS90

Jan 26, 2011
A very simple request from me:

Can the floor beneath my seat be washed/swept please. My jacket gets filthy if I put it under my seat or over the back, Do I have to sit with it in my lap every game?

Sadly, I agree with this. Often come straight from work and have to take my bag with me, and end up taking it home a different colour then it went in as.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Correct - I watched the Gillingham game from the East and there were no problems, but from the West the far side looked pretty dim. Maybe it was a bit mistier last night ...

Don't think so.
I felt the same at the Gillingham game, and it was a clear warm evening that night, not a hint of mist.

Magicman

Jul 19, 2011
Elm Grove
Food outlets outside the ground , heras fencing outside some exits (as at Pride Park) to allow for a smoke at half time which is easily removed before full time and free beer when we win :amex:

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I would agree with this. It's not much bigger than the Sainsbury's end at Selhurst! Sadly though, I don't think the corners can be filled in next to the North, as both corners are used for external access.
Is that true? If so the North Stand will look feeble when the South corners are filled in and the East has a 2nd tier! Maybe they will put seats in but leave access like at Wembley?

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
IMHO the Stadium is fantastic and the even more exciting prospect is the Amex can grow and be improved as the fanbase grows and the feedback is digested by the club. Will it not be fantastic news if/when the club announces improvements however small they may seem. I dont think we have a club who will ignore the opinions of the fans........we are a very lucky set of supporters!!!

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
The North Stand loos are plenty big enough, there's just no where near enough urinals.....all this beer their selling needs to go somewhere.
There's plenty of room for more urinals, please Tony, sort it out,
Everything else is GORGEOUS.

del strangefish

Nov 1, 2008
Back of North Stand
Love the place and not complaining, just a suggestion.
A drinks only lane at the kiosks would speed things up.
Last night by the time i'd got to the front they'd closed the bar as the second half was underway and I'm not the type to miss a second of either half.
A third kiosk in the north stand would also help.:amex:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here