Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

TV licence

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Are you happy with it? Especially whan all I watch is sky of which I pay for already!!

WELL IM NOT!!! GET RID!!!

:angry:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Seems reasonable to me for Olympics, Masters Golf, Eastenders, Changing rooms..........

Hang on bunch of arse:angry:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
the only thing watching on the normal 4 channels is the news ( which i can watch on BBC news 24 ) and Channel 4 friday nights (which e4 is bound to show again at some point)

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
It should be on subscription, like Sky, in my opinion.

Waterhall Wizard

Only one PETER WARD
Oct 14, 2004
East of Brighton
The Northstander said:
Are you happy with it? Especially whan all I watch is sky of which I pay for already!!

Well f*** your luck! Don't come crying on here because you're mug enough to contribute towards the millionaires of the Premier League.

Some of us haven't got money to burn. I'll just stick to paying for my licence by direct debit, thanks. That way I can afford to watch some television.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Not forgetting quite a few radio stations

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I reckon it is excellent value, in the last few weeks I have watched a series about Aushwitz, both FA Cup matches between Sheff Utd and Arsenal and numerous news and current affairs programmes, all have been either entertaining or informative.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
ive no objection to the licence fee. for it faults the BBC has to be one of the most independent broadcasters in the world. Not at the whim of a single owner, not in the pocket of a government, not payed for by sponsers who demand their crap product blazen everywhere.

If they got rid of the licence then you'd have either a private company (so sponsers rule) or paid for out of other taxation (so governement rules).

My only complaint is that the quality could be improved.

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
bbc world service and the bbc web site are WORLD CLASS services.

piss off to a 3rd world country if ya dont like it.

Firstly, the name got to change.

Just call it a License fee.

Absolutely great value for money. By the biggest broadcaster in the world.

You will note that a lot of the programmes on "bulk up the package sky" are originally BBC produced.

Some of the most classic tv and radio ever produced has been done by the BBC.

It has set the standard for all serious world TV.

Plus 5 great Radio stations and then all of the digital bollocks plus one of the best internet sites in the world.

Sky? Well thats up to you!

:lolol:

LC

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
Scrap the TV licence and there'll be no SCR, no Harty's phone-in, no BBC On-Line, no commentary for Seagulls World subscribers, no South today, no FA Cup coverage, no 5 live or Sports X-tra, no Tottenham DVD & no 'Unofficial' Cup Final DVD !

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
brunswick said:
bbc world service and the bbc web site are WORLD CLASS services.

piss off to a 3rd world country if ya dont like it.

And then see what radio station you can pick up.

Obviously you wouldn't want to listen to the BBC World Service, it's bloody TOSH!

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
And then see what radio station you can pick up.

Obviously you wouldn't want to listen to the BBC World Service, it's bloody TOSH!

I like the word TOSH, it is weapon!

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
I fear its days are numbered. Whilst I have been behind the licence fee for years now I am starting to lose patience with the BBC over their constant overpromotion of their digital services which I CAN'T RECEIVE. Furthermore the quality has gone dramatically downhill. I remember as a child being able to enjoy episodes of Blackadder, Red Dwarf, Not the Nine O'Clock News, Punt and Dennis, The Mary Whitehouse Experience, Fantasy Football League etc etc. And yet now if I want comedy I'm left with American imports on channel four as the dirge the Beeb pushes now is absolute tosh. I mean things like My Hero, World according to Bex and that truly dreadful 2 Pints of Lager are utter utter wank and are an embarrassment to this once great world leader.
Add to this the fact that they rarely have any football, never have cricket, lost a lot of the rugby and seem to only show other sports as part of major tournaments now and I really start to wonder where my money is going.
I don't pay for Sky, I just have the normal 4 channels, and of them I watch Eastenders on 1 and various odds and sods on channel 4 (Simpsons), and that is it, aside from sport or repeats of any of the above named classic comedies.
And if I tune into SCR I get patchy coverage of the latest Aldershot game with updates of Wokings fortunes, of which I don't GIVE A SHIT.
I'm sick of the BBC blowing its own trumpet about all its new media when their old bread and butter (BBC1 and the Radios 1-5) have been going downhill for years now.
It's time they pulled their finger out and started commissioning new programming that is well made and thought provoking or funny and concentrated less on all the "lifestyle" and reality TV bollocks that has poisoned the channels of recent years. Otherwise I can't see them having their charter renewed and I wouldn't like to see adverts on the BBC but at the same time, at this rate I won't be watching it anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here