24 Middlesbrough 601529-71

shim.gif
shim.gif
shim.gif

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Would anyone take a draw at Peterborough?

Normally I would say yes but we do always seem to do quite well up there. I reckon Peterborough probably look at Albion and think we're exactly the sort of team they might turn over on a cold Tuesday night.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Normally I would say yes but we do always seem to do quite well up there. I reckon Peterborough probably look at Albion and think we're exactly the sort of team they might turn over on a cold Tuesday night.
Assuming we win our home games!!

7 points from Boro, boro and Blackpool will be plenty good enough.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

I would. They're in great form. 4 points from these two away games would be a great return.

(Knowing just what a fantastic position a win would put us in, makes it hard not to be greedy though...)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ok so hypothetically speaking:-

It's game over at London Rd by 70 mins, either way who knows :shrug:.

But Palace are 0-0, where do your attention lay?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Current form is ominous.
So our last 4 games will have been against the top 2 and bottom 2 on the form table. That form seems more coincidence than ability though, we completely dominated Charlton.

I'm thinking no. We can't draw our way to the play-offs, and despite their current form, we are better than them, so it's a chance of 3 points. A chance I wouldn't want to turn down.

On the Brighton game. Either hoping we smash another past them, or hoping we get a consolation goal to help the spirits.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset

It won't be so cold, and our Spaniards just love balmy conditions, good solid performance, nothing less than a draw will do.

Sunny and 12/13 by kickoff

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
A point will be a good result tomorrow and even better if other don't win

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
A point will be a good result tomorrow and even better if other don't win

Well that's a given with Leicester and Bolton of course. Nice if Forest drop a clanger too.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
On a completely seperate issue, just LOOKat the Championship table.

A few weeks ago people were saying it we wouldn't overtake Middlesborough for a playoff spot, now look.

Boro are 10th. So what? you may say.

They are only 6 points above relegation...in TENTH. What a mental division.

The relegation 'battle' involves (any team within 6 points of the last spot):

What a division! Thank god we're safe in terms of knowing if we **** up we're still in this division!

its a good thread....

Kind of the reason for the thread, when I noticed all but one game has a consequence.

Unsurprisingly the thread is Brightoncentric, but the fact it could be on 22 forums with just 4 (ish) games to go, does make for a great division.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think our run-in is harder than it looks on paper. Leeds now have a new manager and everything to prove to him. Posh have got some great results recently and can turn over anyone on their day at home, while Wolves will turn up on the last day - probably not yet mathematically relegated - with huge support and a desperate side intent on survival.

Only Blackpool looks straightforward but even then they have one of the division's top players in Ince.

I think we need to get all 3 points vs Posh. The X-Factor is Leicester. It will also be interesting to see how Millwall get on after their cup exit; they still have a big part to play and if they're shellshocked then it won't be good for us.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
can see charlton winkleing a result out of cardiff...defo worth a bet .....go for 4 draws .......you pick 'em they're there...!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Someone tell me if I am right in thinking if we win Tuesday and Saturday and forest lose Tues & Sat plus Bolton win on Tuesday we are uncatchable in the play offs ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Someone tell me if I am right in thinking if we win Tuesday and Saturday and forest lose Tues & Sat plus Bolton win on Tuesday we are uncatchable in the play offs ?

There's still way to much football before that conversation.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It won't be so cold, and our Spaniards just love balmy conditions, good solid performance, nothing less than a draw will do.

Sunny and 12/13 by kickoff
On a Tuesday night?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Half right. Wins for us x2, losses for Forest x2, Bolton need to lose on Tues and Sat not win on Tues, also Leicester need to lose on Saturday as well.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley

attention should only be on Brighton, we are in this great position that its in our hands, if we do the job, then we dont have to look elsewhere. confidence must be sky high in that camp and with players coming back its going to get better. Im happy.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Leeds now have a new manager and everything to prove to him.
Indeed. Like when a club goes out of business before the end of the season, all results against that team should be scrapped, the same should happen with games against Leeds now they have a proper manager.

It will also be interesting to see how Millwall get on after their cup exit; they still have a big part to play and if they're shellshocked then it won't be good for us.
The only teams they're playing that matter to us are Palace and Forest (Watford doesn't really matter) and since Palace is a derby they're unlikely to be ambivalent.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
6/4 Brighton and 13/8 Forest look fair value to me. Though I hope the latter doesn't cop iaf.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here