Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tuesday's fixtures - discuss

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Cardiff are basically irrelevant now. I want Wolves down by the final game of the season (not too far outside the realms of possibility but a Hull win tonight would help that out lots).

Want Bolton to beat Leicester definitely - Of all the potential playoff permutations I'd fancy us against Bolton more than the others.

Reckon Forest will do Boro, but hoping they can pull themselves together and bounce back.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Apart from us beating Posh, wins for Boro, Ipswich and Leicester would be immense.

Looking for a Leics win as it might derail Bolton (even momentarily) but also keep Leicester interested for their next games against Palarse, Watford and Forest
Agree with all that.

Interesting - Keeping Leicester interested makes sense if your objective is to see us finish as high as possible in the table. If you just want to see us secure a play off position the less permutations possible the better I reckon. No right or wrong answer though is there ?
Just hoping for us to get 6th still has me supporting Leicester tonight. They haven't won in 9 games, and even if they beat Bolton their last 3 games are all tough (Palace, Watford, Forest) so I can't see them making it - or if they do they'll be taking points of Palace and Forest, which helps us. If Bolton win, both Bolton and Forest could finish about us, pushing us out of the top 6.
to know what to want with bolton leicester is a hard one.
It really isn't. Leicester have the worst form, and hardest run in of all teams. The danger teams are Forest and Bolton.

note - I'm aware we could play poorly and drop out of it altogether, meaning it makes no difference which of the others get points, but assuming we get a few more points, then it's best if Leicester win tomorrow.
I now genuinely believe us, Derby and Forest will get the 3 remaining playoff spots
I assume that's a typo.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
On a completely seperate issue, just LOOKat the Championship table.

A few weeks ago people were saying it we wouldn't overtake Middlesborough for a playoff spot, now look.

Boro are 10th. So what? you may say.

They are only 6 points above relegation...in TENTH. What a mental division.

The relegation 'battle' involves (any team within 6 points of the last spot):
Boro 55
Leeds 55
Blackpool 54
Derby 54
Burnley 54
Birmingham 54
Wednesday 53
Ipswich 53
Millwall 52
Hudds 51
Blackburn 50
Posh 50
-----------
Barnsley 49
Wolves 48
Bristol 40 (Gonners)

What a division! Thank god we're safe in terms of knowing if we **** up we're still in this division!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
:lolol: a tiny one..

They play in white, that's all I can use to defend myself.
I took it at face value, then looked at the table. They need to win their last 4 games just to get to 66 points, and Palace are already on 66. I thought maybe you'd made a mistake.

On a separate point, I'm finding the waiting between games quite difficult at the moment.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
On a completely seperate issue, just LOOKat the Championship table.

A few weeks ago people were saying it we wouldn't overtake Middlesborough for a playoff spot, now look.

Boro are 10th. So what? you may say.

They are only 6 points above relegation...in TENTH. What a mental division.

The relegation 'battle' involves (any team within 6 points of the last spot):
Boro 55
Leeds 55
Blackpool 54
Derby 54
Burnley 54
Birmingham 54
Wednesday 53
Ipswich 53
Millwall 52
Hudds 51
Blackburn 50
Posh 50
-----------
Barnsley 49
Wolves 48
Bristol 40 (Gonners)

What a division! Thank god we're safe in terms of knowing if we **** up we're still in this division!

Just one of many reasons why it won't be the end of the world if we don't go up this year. To play in such a competitive league, where ANYTHING can happen, is just brilliant.

Note - I'm not saying I don't want us to go up. I'm just saying that I'd be happy with another season of Champo next year.

Really hope Posh stay up (after losing tomorrow)

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
After Saturdays result my optimism levels have gone through the roof and Tuesday could be the make or break for several teams.

Leicester vs Bolton - If Bolton were at home then a guarenteed win but I think Leicester will come back after friday and hold then to a draw
Ipswich vs Palace - Ipswich are actually in good form Palace are woeful on the road this could well be a win for Ipswich
Middlesboro vs Forest - Forest have luck on their side at the moment but when will it run out, Boro's season is over so a Forest win
Peterboro vs Brighton - I have no idea how our game will go for the draw.

With a win tomorrow we would be on 68, possibly 5 points clear of 7th with 9 points left to play. Again with the right combinations of results on Saturday a draw could secure our play off place (on goal difference). I doubt it will happen like that but will my nerves take it, these are exciting times and I am happier in our position than either Palace or Leicester positions.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Worst scenario. Let's presume every better placed team wins and BHA lose Tuesday. We pick up 9 points having lost away to Leeds. Not good. A Bolton victory practically eliminates Leicester. We then need Bolton to lose to an already promoted Cardiff. But then Forest should win v Leicester last day. Now I've got a headache.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Worst scenario. Let's presume every better placed team wins and BHA lose Tuesday. We pick up 9 points having lost away to Leeds. Not good. A Bolton victory practically eliminates Leicester. We then need Bolton to lose to an already promoted Cardiff. But then Forest should win v Leicester last day. Now I've got a headache.

I was doing the exact same thing before the Middlesborough game. I only ever factored in the scenario of us losing (as worst case). The moment we won I was relieved....until I started thinking about Tuesday.

It's nervewracking, but I would MUCH rather but in our situation than Forest of Bolton.

Also, remember, we have a much better goal difference which is another point advantage in theory.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
I want Leicester to beat Bolton cos it will keep them interested and keep Action Man in a job.
We need them to still believe they can go up when they play Palarse and Forest, if they lose and Pearson is sacked, they will be on the beach for the last three games.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
The more I think about it, the harder it is for Leicester. But I still want them to lose tonight, as it will still be mathematically possible when they play Palace, and they will always want to tear chunks out of Forest regardless.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
The more I think about it, the harder it is for Leicester. But I still want them to lose tonight, as it will still be mathematically possible when they play Palace, and they will always want to tear chunks out of Forest regardless.

I agree. Leicester will have a big say in who does or doesn't make it into the top 6.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would prefer Charlton to get something at Cardiff because I want Cardiff to have something to play for as long as possible. They will want to go up as champions, so we will want them to beat some of our competitors. A draw will do.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I agree. Leicester will have a big say in who does or doesn't make it into the top 6.

So it makes sense to want Leicester to win tonight as then there is a greater chance of them having something to play for when they play Palace and Forest, or at least draw, which on balance is my preferred option I think.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Palace will beat Ipswich
Middlesbrough will draw with forest
Bolton will beat Leicester
We'll beat Peterborough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here