Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Tuchel gone

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
All these nonsense articles are referencing another nonsense article written by some moron who's had a stab in the dark.

Exact quote from Matt law at telegraph

An approach to Brighton is likely to be made to speak to Potter, with Chelsea aiming for a swift process of due diligence to appoint the right man.

As well as approaching Potter, Chelsea may try to hold discussions with out-of-work duo Mauricio Pochettino and Zinedine Zidane. Benfica manager Roger Schmidt could also come under consideration.

Note the words likely and may. Utter garbage.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
Cheap journalism yet again

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Could this be the first of the big 6 to come after Potter

Yes it could.

0d604a5848aa99f1b0b5504dae926868.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
You could make the case better quality players would adapt a lot quicker saying that I don’t think he will be high profile enough.

You could argue that such players wouldn’t appreciate being told to play a different way nor the time it would take ,..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
IMHO and if I'm proved wrong fair enough, but I think he will hold out for England, when and if Southgate fails.

Both England and Chelsea will be 'life changing' money but whilst its the whole country's expectations there's probably less pressure as England manager than trying to stay in the top 4.

If I was a betting man, I would already have thought they've got someone lined up, and he used to manage Spurs and Southampton. :)

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
To much is made about what he could earn I am sure he is on a good few £ already.not all about the dosh

I never said it was, I was just pointing out that an hour commute isn't that bad. Personally, I don't think he'll go because he has no guarantee of longevity there that he has to a large extent with us. Suspect the talk will help him get a bit of a pay rise from TB.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Oh boy, here we go.....

strap yourselves in folks, get ready for a bumpy ride......

Hopefully they are already in talks with Pochettino.

Not sure how likely mopo is

Didn’t really set PSG alight for the front three they had
Not sure he would piss off spurs the same way Conte would Chelsea
Chelsea fans wouldn’t be duly behind him from day one

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I haven't read the thread but I really cannot see this job appealing to GP :shrug:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Tuchel was on a reported 7m a year and that was considerably less than Pep etc.

Can't see anyone turning down 10m a year

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
The other worry is that word on the street is that Todd b has had a lot of dealings with barber recently and really gets on with him !!!

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Well l get on with my barber too, but what has that got to do with anything?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
More of an issue than some think if Chelsea are interested. Would be very hard for GP to turn down if Chelsea come knocking as he will know he won’t get too many opportunities to manage a Champ league club! Will get a massive pay rise, be set for life and will back himself to be a success. Probably wouldn’t need to uproot the family.

Exactly - all this "Why would he want to go there?" stuff is pure folly.

He would be at one of the biggest clubs in the country, and he would be managing in the Champions League right away. As an ambitious man, as he surely is, he'd absolutely jump at the chance. The "Chelsea is a basket case" is actually a reason TO go, not the opposite. If it all goes horribly wrong then his stint there is easily excused - "It was Chelsea and they are a complete mess" - his stock remains high and he'll not be short of job offers.

Are Chelsea really interested? Who knows.
Would Chelsea stump up enough to get Potter out of his Albion contract? Who knows.
Would Potter want to go if Chelsea want him and are happy to pay? Of course he bloody would.

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
IMHO and if I'm proved wrong fair enough, but I think he will hold out for England, when and if Southgate fails.

Both England and Chelsea will be 'life changing' money but whilst its the whole country's expectations there's probably less pressure as England manager than trying to stay in the top 4.

If I was a betting man, I would already have thought they've got someone lined up, and he used to manage Spurs and Southampton. :)
He's waiting for Stevie g to go ( only joking)

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
If they decide they really want Potter, he will go. No doubt.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

I disagree with your comments about Potter but wholeheartedly agree that Poch must already be lined up

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Probably earning in excess of £10m (might be a little generous!) a year, I'm sure an hours drive to work and back is going to be bearable for anyone.

Apart from rabid capitalists, there are people for whom earnings way below that can be weighed up with personal satisfaction and general contentment. If you have enough, you are a millionaire.... I realise for some that is a difficult concept to grasp.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here