Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Tuchel gone

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Looks rather like it, doesn’t it.
I must be a bit naive, but I am little surprised that, at this stage, Potter would want to leave Brighton. Yes, I know money talks and Potter is ambitious, but I am still scratching my head a bit.
Anyway, I am sure our leaders will have a quality short list in mind and we will continue to thrive, despite losing Ashworth and likely Potter in fairly quick succession.

Would you stay loyal to your current company if

1) rival employer offered a 500% pay rise?
2) your current company sold a few of your best employees and not replaced?

I’m just suprised get didn’t go to Man U or spurs in the summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Would you stay loyal to your current company if

1) rival employer offered a 500% pay rise?
2) your current company sold a few of your best employees and not replaced?

I’m just suprised get didn’t go to Man U or spurs in the summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get what you are saying, as I said, money talks and GP is ambitious.
To answer your questions, yes, if I was offered a 500% increase, in all likelihood,I would be off like a shot!
I am not so sure about the second one. Potter knows the Brighton business model and the club seem to have some very promising players making their mark in the team, as we can see. I’m not sure the selling of Biss and Cucu would necessarily be a crucial factor in him wanting to go.
Anyway, if he goes, he goes, and I would wish him all success and good luck.
Sooner or later, if he continued to bring success to the club, either a bigger club or possibly England would come calling and he would be gone. It is the timing that does surprise me a bit, that is all.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Squires made me laugh with this

potterpleb.JPG

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Boehly asked Tuchel to sign off on Ronaldo coming to Chelsea six times over the summer.

Six times Tuchel said no.

He was a dead man walking for saying no to Boehly for that decision, just didn't know it.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Bloom left Potter to get on with it.
I can't see Boehly doing that, whatever the agreement.
Potter will get pissed off and hang out for a settlement.
Bloom will never have him or any of the others back.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
It would seem on reflection thar Potter could be the one who has been sucked in.
Beleiving the Boehly bollocks.
If it only lasts a season, or less, how will he feel about the other careers he has terminated.
Though would that even have crossed his mind.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
It would seem on reflection thar Potter could be the one who has been sucked in.
Beleiving the Boehly bollocks.
If it only lasts a season, or less, how will he feel about the other careers he has terminated.
Though would that even have crossed his mind.

Maybe that they're grown-up people capable of doing their own decisions? No one forced them to tag along to Chelsea.

Also pretty sure that none of them will struggle to find a job.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Maybe that they're grown-up people capable of doing their own decisions? No one forced them to tag along to Chelsea.

Also pretty sure that none of them will struggle to find a job.

They won’t probably, but one or two and I believe Bruno is one of them, that will regret their decision to chase the dream.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
They won’t probably, but one or two and I believe Bruno is one of them, that will regret their decision to chase the dream.

Maybe, who knows. You can learn as much from failure as from success. If they're all sacked in six months or a year I guess that would be a valuable experience. Apart from Billy Reid, they're all quite young and their careers would go on even if the Chelsea adventure would turn into shit.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Maybe, who knows. You can learn as much from failure as from success. If they're all sacked in six months or a year I guess that would be a valuable experience. Apart from Billy Reid, they're all quite young and their careers would go on even if the Chelsea adventure would turn into shit.

I hear you Swansman (can I say, nice to still have on here) I’m talking emotionally, I feel it has torn Bruno up.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I hear you Swansman (can I say, nice to still have on here) I’m talking emotionally, I feel it has torn Bruno up.

Bit naïve I think. Bruno wouldn’t have struggle too much with the decision. He’s learning from one of the best managers in the game. Invaluable for his future prospects on top of no doubt more than doubling his money. Potter will take him to the next job (if Bruno wants to go) which wouldn’t be too long after Chelsea if they get the sack.

If not I think we’d still always find a role for him here to be honest. Maybe not first team coach to start with again but we seem to value our old players in a way other teams don’t.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
I wonder if Potter will live to regret not having his due diligence before agreeing to join Chelsea, which it seems actually took him about 10 minutes to say "YEESSSS!!!". I do hope so, that he'll leave/be sacked by December, thoroughly disillusioned and with the sound of Chelsea boooos still ringing in his ears, cutting his squishy little feelings to the quick.

Nope, I'm still not there yet, need a few more days. A Chelsea loss tonight will help immensely.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
Didn't know which of the million threads about the move to post this in, but just spoke with a Chelsea fan at work who is totally disillusioned with the fact Chelsea have gone for Potter and thinks Boehly is a madman who will destroy the club of which this was the first sign, the "north v south" game the second. I know on their forums they've been a bit ambivalent about the manager but this is the first time I've encountered it in the wild. I asked what it'd take to turn his view of Potter around and nothing short of Champions League final, Premier League title or winning the FA Cup will do it...reckons there are "many" like him who think the direction of the club is wrong and a lot of season tickets won't be renewed in protest at the new owners if it looks like they'll finish outside the top 4.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Didn't know which of the million threads about the move to post this in, but just spoke with a Chelsea fan at work who is totally disillusioned with the fact Chelsea have gone for Potter and thinks Boehly is a madman who will destroy the club of which this was the first sign, the "north v south" game the second. I know on their forums they've been a bit ambivalent about the manager but this is the first time I've encountered it in the wild. I asked what it'd take to turn his view of Potter around and nothing short of Champions League final, Premier League title or winning the FA Cup will do it...reckons there are "many" like him who think the direction of the club is wrong and a lot of season tickets won't be renewed in protest at the new owners if it looks like they'll finish outside the top 4.

Those will be the expectations yes.

And yes at Brighton there are a fair few fans who eventually became exasperated at years on end of going into seasons short of firepower and endless matches where we missed so often our strikers were a laughing stock. But ultimately the match going fanbase is pretty reasonable. That won't be a luxury he'll get used to at Chelsea. He'll have to prove they were right not to go for someone with higher level experience soon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here