Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tube stations evacuated

Faldo

Jul 7, 2003
And the mobile network has gone into meltdown again - cue my mum and girlfriend getting overly worried...

Looks like another LOOOONG walk home....

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I've been told (by someone more technical than me) that if the mobile network is under strain, it is easier to get texts through than calls.

Maybe worth remembering if you need to contact anyone.

Faldo

Jul 7, 2003
Thats true, but its still hit and miss...

Reverted to the stone age and used ... *shudder* ... a landline.

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
Sounds like some of the suspects are on the run. Passengers tried to grab the guy whose backpack exploded at Warren Street but he got away. The bomber at Oval ran off when the train stopped at the station.

Quick tip to anyone in central London, grab anyone between the ages of 17 to 30 carrying a battered rucksack. They could be terrorists or they could be Aussies. Either way they're going down.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Ex Shelton Seagull said:

Quick tip to anyone in central London, grab anyone between the ages of 17 to 30 carrying a battered rucksack. They could be terrorists or they could be Aussies. Either way they're going down.

:lolol:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Incident at University College Hospital - armed police there now.

Only northern line, Victoria and Hammersmith and City, Waterloo and City Line closed.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Unconfirmed report that the injury at Warren Street was to the person setting off the explosion.

They have sent armed officers and sniffer dogs into University College Hospital which must only be 5 minute walk from Warren Street.

Lets hope they've got them.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Sounds like dets only rather than fully formed devices. From the sound of the damage, it sounds like pressure waves rather than shrapnel (less injuries). Enough to scare and disrupt rather than cause more deaths, appears to be aimed at keeping London off-balance rather than creating an all-out casualty situation.

I wouldn't be too quick to drop this at the feet of the Muslims/Islamics/etc. The extremists would not be bothered by casualties - they get results whether it involves death or not - this is not the IRA we are dealing with who eventually realised that deaths led to their alienation and demonisation. I think we are looking at people who want to destabilise rather than destroy, which could be any number of groups. Look a few years back - the guy (David Copeland) that bombed the gay pub, brick lane and Brixton, in the hope of starting a race war....taking underlying feelings and trying to capitalise on them by making the situation worse. What better way to fuel the anti-Muslim feelings than by making people fear them, and therefore hate them?

Before people start petrol-bombing mosques, they need to wait and see what is really going on.

Stumpy Tim

HampshireSeagulls said:
Sounds like dets only rather than fully formed devices. From the sound of the damage, it sounds like pressure waves rather than shrapnel (less injuries). Enough to scare and disrupt rather than cause more deaths, appears to be aimed at keeping London off-balance rather than creating an all-out casualty situation.

I wouldn't be too quick to drop this at the feet of the Muslims/Islamics/etc. The extremists would not be bothered by casualties - they get results whether it involves death or not - this is not the IRA we are dealing with who eventually realised that deaths led to their alienation and demonisation. I think we are looking at people who want to destabilise rather than destroy, which could be any number of groups. Look a few years back - the guy (David Copeland) that bombed the gay pub, brick lane and Brixton, in the hope of starting a race war....taking underlying feelings and trying to capitalise on them by making the situation worse. What better way to fuel the anti-Muslim feelings than by making people fear them, and therefore hate them?

Before people start petrol-bombing mosques, they need to wait and see what is really going on.

Agreed. It seems odd that terrorists with such a "good" record of casualties would target 3 stations outside central London with poor devices

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
HampshireSeagulls said:

Kind of defeats the object of a stich up if there are 100's of witnesses.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here