Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tube stations evacuated

HampshireSeagulls said:
The likelihood of all bombs misfiring and being det-events only is remote, unless the mix was completely incorrect and they all loaded from the same mix. The likelihood of timers being mis-set is higher - the fact that it's a combination of tube and bus incidents seems to be a deliberate attempt to mirror that last events. I don't think they meant to be there when the dets triggered. I think it's a cock-up job, but we will have to wait until all the arrests are in before seeing properly.

Nevertheless, the mere fact that someone can come into London and do this within weeks of the last one means that security routines are going to have to be reviewed and changed quite substantially. It will be a nervous start to the new football season, especially in London.

The Met are now thinking the original 4 may have been duped! That they could pull the trigger and then leave the bomb to go off shortly afterwards. Instead it blew them away!

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
London Calling said:
The Met are now thinking the original 4 may have been duped! That they could pull the trigger and then leave the bomb to go off shortly afterwards. Instead it blew them away!

exactly what i heard. explains why they purchased return tickets, bought a parking ticket for the car and didn't make any chants before detonation.

apparently the plan was for them to reconvene, pick up another set of bombs from the car (which was full of explosives) and bomb the mainlines in the evening.

bastards

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I think the terrorists knew they were on a suicide mission. I saw an eyewitness account from the Warren St incident yesterday. Everyone had fled from the carriage, with the exception of one bloke who was laying on top of a smoking rucksack with his eyes shut. Probably expecting to be in paradise with 72 virgins.

Withnail

Jan 16, 2004
Lincoln
Why would you want 72 virgins? They're usually virgins 'cos nobody will shag them, meaning they're probably fat and ugly. No, no, give me 72 dirty slappers any day.

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Withnail said:
Why would you want 72 virgins? They're usually virgins 'cos nobody will shag them, meaning they're probably fat and ugly. No, no, give me 72 dirty slappers any day.
What utter rubbish. So an 16 to 18 year old who is a virgin is fat and ugly that is why she hasn`t had sex. I think you`ll find that if she isn`t a virgin she is a dirty slapper and has no dignity. You have a strange outlook withnail.

Last edited:

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
bhaexpress said:
Do behave ! Where would you find 72 virgins in Croydon ?
Hence the smiling face bhaexpress. There should be a tongue in cheek smiley for those who look at things literally.

Last edited:

Withnail

Jan 16, 2004
Lincoln
Croydonbloke said:
What utter rubbish. So an 18 year old who is a virgin is fat and ugly that is why she hasn`t had sex. I think you`ll find that if she isn`t she is a dirty slapper and has no dignity. You have a strange outlook withnail.

You live in Croydon, yet I have a strange outlook? Also an 18 year old virgin in Croydon? Yeah, right.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Croydonbloke said:
Hence the smiling face bhaexpress. There should be a tongue in cheek smiley for those who look at things literally.

Well I'm sure that there's a few nursery schools there with the requisit numbers. My thing though is why would any WOMAN want 72 virgins ? Doesn't sound sucha good deal for female suicide bombers does it ?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
POLICE SHOOT SUSPECTED SUICIDE BOMBER

Police have shot a suspected suicide bomber near a tube station in south London.

Marksmen opened fire near Stockwell Tube station as passengers were evacuated. It was not clear what the suspect's injuries were.

Passenger Briony Coetsee said: "We were on the Tube and then we suddenly heard someone say `get out, get out' and then we heard gunshots."

Sky News Crime Correspondent Martin Brunt said: "There is no word on whether he has been killed or simply injured."

If the suspect is confirmed to be a suicide bomber, it would mark the fifth attempted terrorist attack on London in less than a day.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
bhaexpress said:
Well I'm sure that there's a few nursery schools there with the requisit numbers. My thing though is why would any WOMAN want 72 virgins ? Doesn't sound sucha good deal for female suicide bombers does it ?

Thinking about it, it's actually not a good deal all round...at some point, the novelty will wear off, and you will end up with 72 nagging old bags, 72 birthdays to forget, 72 Christmas presents to return, 72 times every morning having to go through the "does my bum look big in this" routine....where's the paradise in that?

Maybe the women get 72 male virgins?

Withnail

Jan 16, 2004
Lincoln
Croydonbloke said:
Since when has Croydon been located in West Sussex????????????

Good point. At least you had the sense to move.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here